Download Festival - Page 6 - General Nonsense - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Download Festival

Thrax

Also, the layout of the full list of bands in the announcement that was on the Download forum suggests the second stage headliners will be Motley Crue/The Prodigy/Trivium.

http://forums.downloadfestival.co.uk/tm.aspx?m=3513603

Brian Wake my Lord, Brian Wake

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

• Replies 621
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Also, the layout of the full list of bands in the announcement that was on the Download forum suggests the second stage headliners will be Motley Crue/The Prodigy/Trivium.

http://forums.downloadfestival.co.uk/tm.aspx?m=3513603

DANCER! Trivium headlining the 2nd stage would be the perfect ending to the weekend! :D

Bollox that looks like a Prodigy/Slipknot clash then. I really wanna see both of them aswell! :(

I'm hoping they stagger the timing a bit so if you want to see the second stage headliner, you'll be able to catch most if not all of the main headliner's set. There's no way I'm missing Motley Crue, and I'd like to see FNM too even though I'm not that fussed.

Just listening to Karma To Burn now, hadn't even heard of them before this announcement but they're really good. Clutch are pretty good too. :)

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

Just listening to Karma To Burn now, hadn't even heard of them before this announcement but they're really good. Clutch are pretty good too. :)

Karma to Burn - that name is really familiar. I'm pretty sure I tried to track down some of their albums before without much success. Wikipedia says they sound like Kyuss, so that's good enough for me.

I was a professional twice over — an analyst and a therapist. The world’s first...

analrapist.jpg

I'm hoping they stagger the timing a bit so if you want to see the second stage headliner, you'll be able to catch most if not all of the main headliner's set. There's no way I'm missing Motley Crue, and I'd like to see FNM too even though I'm not that fussed.

IIRC from the 06 and 07 fests, the 2nd stage headliner starts a good 45 mins - 1 hour before the main stage headliners, and they only get an hour and a half - 1 hour 45 mins whereas the main stage headliner gets 2 hours plus.

So say Crue start at 7:30 and finish at 9, FNM start 8:30 and will go on till 10:30-10:45, you should be able to watch Crue and catch most of FNM!

DANCER! Trivium headlining the 2nd stage would be the perfect ending to the weekend! :D

Bollox that looks like a Prodigy/Slipknot clash then. I really wanna see both of them aswell! :(

I would go and watch The Prodigy simply because ive heard their live shows are NOT to be missed.

As with Slipknot.... i saw them at download in glasgow and to be fair they where ok live but i didnt know much of their stuff because i didnt have any of their albums at the time.

So Prodigy for me all day long :D

1379248855-xxSCO%20STINSONxx.png

I would go and watch The Prodigy simply because ive heard their live shows are NOT to be missed.

As with Slipknot.... i saw them at download in glasgow and to be fair they where ok live but i didnt know much of their stuff because i didnt have any of their albums at the time.

So Prodigy for me all day long :D

Prodigy wins every time. Amazing live show.

KennedyDog.gif

I guess I'm the only person on here going to RockNess then.

Since they cancelled connect us "old" guys have to go somewhere

and The Flaming Lips are headlining Fridayand that swings it.

Like some of you I'm worried about a clash of bands. Prodigy / Orbital

in this case.

8 bands to be announced tonight at midnight :)

Not too sure who'll be announced tonight

Think my guess at the 8 will be :

God Forbid

Shinedown

Staind

Enter Shikari

Black Tide

You Me At Six

Alexisonfire

Sevendust

I reckon ill be wrong though...if I get 4 right ill be surprised :P

I'm smart and I want respect!

8 bands to be announced tonight at midnight :)

Not too sure who'll be announced tonight

Think my guess at the 8 will be :

God Forbid

Shinedown

Staind

Enter Shikari

Black Tide

You Me At Six

Alexisonfire

Sevendust

I reckon ill be wrong though...if I get 4 right ill be surprised :P

Ooft, I hope your wrong, they're a bit rubbish. Apart from Enter Shikari, I kinda like them... :blush:

I was a professional twice over — an analyst and a therapist. The world’s first...

analrapist.jpg

Ooft, I hope your wrong, they're a bit rubbish. Apart from Enter Shikari, I kinda like them... :blush:

I agree...not my preferred list :P its just about that time where the filler bands start appearing. Wouldnt mind Staind n Enter Shikari to be announced as I aint seen either o them.

Would love Alexisonfire to be announced...their pretty awesome

Opeth

Meshuggah

Loaded

Dir En Grey

Five Finger Death Punch

You Me At Six

Steadlür

Lawnmower Deth

Dunno who the 2 bottom ones are :mellow: not the greatest announcement....quite like Messuggah though...n Opeth are naw too mad i guess

Opeth

Meshuggah

Loaded

Dir En Grey

Five Finger Death Punch

You Me At Six

Steadlür

Lawnmower Deth

Dunno who the 2 bottom ones are :mellow: not the greatest announcement....quite like Messuggah though...n Opeth are naw too mad i guess

:lol:

What a name. :lol:

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

Train tickets are available for anyone who wants to travel down by train. You can get a £24 single going down and a £36 single for the return journy on Virgin Trains if anyone is interested in going down on the Wednesday. Think I'll be doing that on my own cos everyone I know is pulling out this year! :(

A few more bands have been announced for Bloodstock including 3 headliners (in bold)...

Kreator

Girlschool

Cradle of Filth (Co-headliners)

Blind Guardian (Co-headliners)

and the big one...

Europe

:thumbup2:

Haha, no way, that better not be an April Fool. Kreator and Blind Guardian are the business as well.

analrapist.jpg

Archived