The Gambling Thread - Page 4 - General Nonsense - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

The Gambling Thread

Mr.Kennedy

You get the chosen multiple of Chris Kamara, Ally McCoist or all four from the advert depending on whether you get 1,2 or 3 right.

4 right is a free £100 bet and 5 is a grand cash.

You get:

Chirs Kamara's celebrity bet for 1 correct result (worth £1);

Lee Dixon's celebrity bet for 2 correct results (worth £2);

and all 4 (Kamara's, Dixon's, McCoist's and Wright's) celebrity bets for 3 correct scores (worth £11)

This weekends Grab a Grand bet is the last one, at the moment (as far as we have been made aware).

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Roma! :(

i had

Lyon Draw

Porto Draw

Inter Draw

Roma Draw

im quite upset.

Same mate, but I had it as a lucky 15 as I couldn't think of which to leave of and make it a treble as I knew one would f*** it.

So it pays £12.57 for a £3 stake. :D

edit: would have been £50 back if Roma weren't s***.

Salty, how does Betfair work? Back I understand but what's he SP and Lay patter all about?

SP = starting price. IE price at the beginning of the race.

Lay = you don't think it will happen so you have to cover x amount of bets. It's the easiest way to make profit in betting, but you need a decent amount to play with to make it worthwhile.

EDIT: For example if the lay price is 1.7, then if you choose to cover £5 worth of bets (you will win the £5 if you are right and it doesn't happen) then you have to cover it with £3.50 of your own money, in case you are wrong.

EDIT2: The main issue I have with Betfair is that if you want to stick a crafty fiver on something, you still have to deposit a tenner. Okay you can withdraw the other fiver straight away, but it's still a bit of a pain in the arse.

Put a bet on everton to win & lay bet on west brom to lose using betfair.

everton 1/2 on & west brom 9/1 to lose.

1st time i have made a lay bet so hope it comes up.

Any of you guys no how lay betting works?

Made 2 bets on teams to lose today & both came up but I only got my bet back.

How does anybody make a profit from lay betting?

00008031.jpg

btt

any advice to my last post would be grateful

PM Jonaton, he's yer man.

Some sing of Celtic, Rangers

And some of Motherwell

Of Hibs and Partick Thistle

And other teams as well

But of all the famous football teams

There’s one that they’ve forgotten

With a Ra Ra Ra and a Cha Cha Cha

IT’S THE FAMOUS GREENOCK MORTON

Well that was a waste of £6. Cant believe every FA cup game was a draw, completely f***ed me up.

i can only win now if Derby, Cardiff and Watford beat Man Utd, Arsenal and Chelsea. :lol:

I had a fiver on Priskin to score first and Chelsea to win 2-1 @ 165/1. That eedjit Anelka cost me £830 in injury time!! :angry:

Put a bet on everton to win & lay bet on west brom to lose using betfair.

everton 1/2 on & west brom 9/1 to lose.

1st time i have made a lay bet so hope it comes up.

Any of you guys no how lay betting works?

Made 2 bets on teams to lose today & both came up but I only got my bet back.

How does anybody make a profit from lay betting?

I don't think you understand the concept. Laying a bet is just like being a bookie - you are not backing the team to lose, you are taking someone elses bet that they will win. Just think of when you go into a bookie. You put a bet on Morton to win and if Morton don't win the bookie keeps your money. If you lay a team you keep the other punter's money if that team fails to win, they don't have to lose. Here's an example.

Morton are playing Clyde tomorrow. Say you think Morton will win or get a draw so you want to lay Clyde. You go onto the page on Betfair and you'll have option to back (the odds in the blue square) and lay (the odds in the red square). Say for talk sake Clyde are 1.90 (betfair uses decimal odds). You click on the red to lay and pick how much you want to take off someone else who thinks Clyde will win. So say you accept £10 on Clyde this means that you will lose £9.00 if Clyde win but will win the guys £10 stake (minus betfair's commission) should Morton win or the match ends in a draw.

So, if I think Morton will win I would put the lay bet on as Clyde to win?

If you think Morton will win you lay Clyde. To lay Clyde you accept someone elses bet on Clyde to win.

If the result is a:

Morton win you keep the other person's £10 bet on Clyde = You +£10

A draw you keep the other person's £10 bet on Clyde = You +£10

Clyde win you have to pay the profit on the odds (just like a bookie) and the other person gets their £10 stake back as well = You -£9.

Betfair matches bets between users. The only money they get is through commission on winnings.

If you think Morton will win you lay Clyde. To lay Clyde you accept someone elses bet on Clyde to win.

If the result is a:

Morton win you keep the other person's £10 bet on Clyde = You +£10

A draw you keep the other person's £10 bet on Clyde = You +£10

Clyde win you have to pay the profit on the odds (just like a bookie) and the other person gets their £10 stake back as well = You -£9.

Betfair matches bets between users. The only money they get is through commission on winnings.

Thats great Jonaton.

thanks for explaining it,

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :thumbup2:

00008031.jpg

Got a few bets on tonight. Noticed youre getting evens on top of the league brentford against 3rd bottom grimsby, 3/1 for altringham who are only 4 points behind opposition kettering, 11/4 and a lot of other really good odds on leagues 1, 2 and conference. First time ive really checked the leagues to see where everyone is, usually hardly touch them at all.

Bets tonight are

Lyon

Barcelona

Inter

Man Utd

Bayern

Liverpool

Juventus

Chelsea

Arsenal

Brentford

50p on that gets me £362

Chelsea

Millwall

Stirling

Arsenal

Schalke

£1.25 on that gets me £38

Schalke

Brentford

Aldershot

Rochdale

Swindon

Derby

50p on that gets me £62

Dundee utd

Juventus

Ipswich

Reading

Leicester

MK Dons

Clyde ( im so much of a jinx that i only bet against Morton so that they'll win)

Wolves

50p on that gets me £275

Kiddiminster

Altringham

Torquay

Peterbrough

Tranmere

Preston

Sc***horpe

50p on that gets me £287

Burnley

Brentford

Aldershot

Rochdale

Swindon

Dervy

Cardiff

Cowdenbeath

East Stirling

50p on that gets me £975

Doubt any will win, and i wish i had remmebered that Bournemouth had points deducted before putting Aldershot on to beat them at 11/4, but lets hope my luck is in.

Good people will do good things, bad people will do bad things, but only with religion do good people do bad things!

32.gif

First time I've ever bet on Morton, but decent enough price under the circumstances...

Much improved Southampton look good value at 4/1 vs. Ipswich.

Brentford are a dead cert IMO against Grimsby.

Morton to beat Clyde.

£2 Treble returns £55.

Decent price on Aberdeen to beat St Mirren an all but wouldn't like to touch it.

TRUST THE DUFF

Archived