Knife Crime - Page 2 - General Nonsense - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Knife Crime

Tonsilitis

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply
methinks you are talking bollocks

as i have said, id like to see the stats to see if the knife crime pandemic as is great as the papers maintain.

im safe in the knowledge ur crazy plan wont come to pass, so i can just chuckle at your archaic value system

One can but try.

The thing is whether stats show knife crime going up or staying static it's still a problem.

You get minimal sentences for firearms yet a fraction of murders / attempted murders are done this way.

Knife crime is responsible for a very very high percentage of murders.

Several posters on this board have probably had a knife pulled on them but thankfully got away.

A lot of posters on this board remember that a year to yesterday Damian Muir was brutally murdered by an evil thug that had committed several knife crimes but was still walking the streets.

Just under 100 yards from my house there's flowers lying in his remembrance.

Some sing of Celtic, Rangers

And some of Motherwell

Of Hibs and Partick Thistle

And other teams as well

But of all the famous football teams

There’s one that they’ve forgotten

With a Ra Ra Ra and a Cha Cha Cha

IT’S THE FAMOUS GREENOCK MORTON

Guest GibbyTON
I have said this before and I will say it again Birch them.

what does birching solve?

tonsilitis you lost me at human rights

id like to see the knife crime statistics from teh last 5 years, to see the trends

Ok then, what is your solution CND man

The solution is simple - hefty, mandatory, jail sentences for possession, life for use. Also, even if metal detectors were put at the doors of public places, such as pubs, over the next few years while to try and eradicate knife crime as quickly as possible, then imo it would be a small price to pay if one moron was caught with a blade. At the end of the day, it wouldn't at all inconvenience anyone without a weapon, and even if it did it isn't going to inconvience them as much as getting stabbed through the heart would.

People who carry knifes are the lowest of the low, to call them "scum" is being polite.

AWMSC

as i have said, id like to see the stats to see if the knife crime pandemic as is great as the papers maintain.

im safe in the knowledge ur crazy plan wont come to pass, so i can just chuckle at your archaic value system

What do you mean the Stats? If you are looking at Stats then it can tell you many different stories. If you are looking for people caught in possession of carrying a knife or similar instrument then you will get different figures of people who have committed a crime by using a knife of similar instrument, although I am not saying carrying a knife or similar instrument on its own is not a crime. Also and I'm pretty sure am right figures for U16s are not recorded, which could run into many more hundreds, thousands. Remembering that in instances there is a massive under reporting of knife crimes in Scotland, and comparable data with the NHS just does not exist although there was a pilot in Glasgow. However if you are looking for some general information on knife crime in Scotland then here is some stats from the Brittish Crime Survey I have found

Knife crime levels in Scotland are 3.5 times higher than in England or Wales

Scotland has a homicide rate of 5.3 per 100,000 in the 10-to-29 age group, which compares with one per 100,000 in England and Wales

My understanding is that while violent crime as a whole in the UK has decreased violent crimes involving knives or similar instruments has remained static, The original posters point about visitng people in hospital was for England and Wales only.

However I have deliberatly left this figure until the very end, which wether or not is inflated by the press in important to add. Sometimes you don't stats or comparable analysis to prove how bad something is

Last year there were 73 murders in the Strathclyde Police force area, 40 of which involved knives if you want the proof head over to the West Station.

WHEREVER IT TAKES US- WHATEVER IT TAKES

I noticed a few days ago that when the usual rent a quote politicians were trundled out to discuss what could be done, that one of them actually got round to suggesting National Service(Lib Dem). Sadly he followed this up with 'of course there should be no compulsion to take part'. These people are part of the problem.

I reckon that National Service (German style) where you have a choice of military service or community service for a two year period before you turn 23(i think) is a good starting place.

The only problem being that the Government dont want to fund this sort of scheme as it works out cheaper to let families pay for funerals and for politicians to put up with some flak now and then

Sad days indeed :(

LAS im not disputing its a problem, it just the papers seem to have put it the top of the agenda

i have warmed to the idea of mandatory jail terms, but who can advocate the birch

as for the crazy cnd claims gibbyton, i feel you should justify your support for nukes rather than me defending opposing them

for me its about mindsets, and the way to change that is not by birching.

We are not home and dry, we could not even be said to be home and vigorously towelling ourselves off!

I noticed a few days ago that when the usual rent a quote politicians were trundled out to discuss what could be done, that one of them actually got round to suggesting National Service(Lib Dem). Sadly he followed this up with 'of course there should be no compulsion to take part'. These people are part of the problem.

I reckon that National Service (German style) where you have a choice of military service or community service for a two year period before you turn 23(i think) is a good starting place.

The only problem being that the Government dont want to fund this sort of scheme as it works out cheaper to let families pay for funerals and for politicians to put up with some flak now and then

Sad days indeed :(

That'd be handy if we were planning to invade Poland or gas minorities in the future. <_>

The cause should be addressed, ie the prevalance of an underclass in society where knives are deemed an acceptable tool in gang fights and for self-defence - issues such as housing, income and the particularly violent attitudes within society all contribute to that mix.

Knives have been used throughout recorded history birch or no birch, national service or national service.

This is a complex problem that can not be addressed by knee-jerk reactionary politics.

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

LAS im not disputing its a problem, it just the papers seem to have put it the top of the agenda

i have warmed to the idea of mandatory jail terms, but who can advocate the birch

as for the crazy cnd claims gibbyton, i feel you should justify your support for nukes rather than me defending opposing them

Aye and about time.

Every w/end at least one person is murdered by a knife.

Every week in Inverclyde at least one person is caught with a knife.

Obviously you haven't been threatened with a knife or seen guys flashing past you with them chasing others.

We need to address this problem immediately and one is certainly automatic minimum sentencing.

Birching or whatever else is also an option.

We need to do something.

Don't you agree it's getting out of hand or should we just ignore families lives getting ruined because of evil thugs running about knifing folk ??

Some sing of Celtic, Rangers

And some of Motherwell

Of Hibs and Partick Thistle

And other teams as well

But of all the famous football teams

There’s one that they’ve forgotten

With a Ra Ra Ra and a Cha Cha Cha

IT’S THE FAMOUS GREENOCK MORTON

Aye and about time.

Every w/end at least one person is murdered by a knife.

Every week in Inverclyde at least one person is caught with a knife.

Obviously you haven't been threatened with a knife or seen guys flashing past you with them chasing others.

We need to address this problem immediately and one is certainly automatic minimum sentencing.

Birching or whatever else is also an option.

We need to do something.

Don't you agree it's getting out of hand or should we just ignore families lives getting ruined because of evil thugs running about knifing folk ??

Indeed, we do need to do something, although I'm of the view that knives are just part of a greater violence problem within the country.

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

That'd be handy if we were planning to invade Poland or gas minorities in the future. <_>

The cause should be addressed, ie the prevalance of an underclass in society where knives are deemed an acceptable tool in gang fights and for self-defence - issues such as housing, income and the particularly violent attitudes within society all contribute to that mix.

Knives have been used throughout recorded history birch or no birch, national service or national service.

This is a complex problem that can not be addressed by knee-jerk reactionary politics.

Go on then - explain how two years community service will help when invading Poland or gassing minorities?

Do you actually know what is involved in the Community Service option in Germany?

The Germans are given a choice 2 years in the military or two years helping out their community - fireman, nursing homes, council projects etc.

Putting something back into their communities and learning respect for themselves and others.

Not reactionary and not knee jerk and no possible solution should be ignored - in my humble opinion a sense of self worth gained will help break this circle of violence

Guest GibbyTON

Ach wind yer neck in, i was being sarcastic as you seem to jump everytime someone shouts for the birch/belt/etc etc

Were you brought up with a f***ing silver spoon in yer gub

If it was up to me i'd shoot the cnuts

Go on then - explain how two years community service will help when invading Poland or gassing minorities?

Do you actually know what is involved in the Community Service option in Germany?

The Germans are given a choice 2 years in the military or two years helping out their community - fireman, nursing homes, council projects etc.

Putting something back into their communities and learning respect for themselves and others.

Not reactionary and not knee jerk and no possible solution should be ignored - in my humble opinion a sense of self worth gained will help break this circle of violence

I do not feel that is a plan suitable for everyone: why should those training for medicine etc have their studies compromised by a scheme aimed to teach Jakey A how to conduct himself around others?

Of course knife crime occurs at differing ages, and so youth knife crime the onus has to be far more upon the parents than any other measures.

Adult knife crime should ideally be prevented during childhood, although I admit that's not realistic.

crime

Evidence please?

At least your viewpoint is consistent in that you also support the death penalty, although I cannot possibly agree with it in any way shape or form. -_-

Guest David Edwards
Indeed, we do need to do something, although I'm of the view that knives are just part of a greater violence problem within the country.

I agree with your analysis. What's your solution?

Guest midTONs
Evidence please?

At least your viewpoint is consistent in that you also support the death penalty, although I cannot possibly agree with it in any way shape or form. -_-

I believe that birching young offenders will deter people going on to lead a life of crime, bring back the rope will make people think twice about arming themselves with knives and guns. If these penalties are put in place the sort of crimes I'm talking about are not going to increase but they will decrease, 1 life changed or one live saved if a victory.

I see our politicians were going to send the wee neds along to hospitals to see the results of their handiwork. They quickly backtracked on that and now its they've to get lectures on the effects of knifings by accident and emergency doctors.

They come up with some great ideas our leaders, but that one's right up there with the best. All they have to do is stretch the doctors hours a bit more so they can accommodate these wee animals. I'm sure none of us will mind if we have family needing treatment from say a road accident having to wait - 'Sorry the doctor can't see you at the moment, he's off lecturing the knife carriers!"

I'm sick to death of human rights, do gooders and all the others who are responsible for shaping a society where we have gangs of feral youths roaming the streets and all the politicians can come up with is getting already stretched doctors to tell them how nasty they are!

If they are 18 or other I would stick them in a penal regiment in the army and let them learn a bit about discipline and respect for others in Afghanistan and Iraq. Younger than that and they get serious community service as in cleaning up graffitti, litter etc, 8 hours a day, enforced brainwashing classes 8 hours and a curfew for the rest of it.

Thats if I was'nt allowed to cut their b*''s off!

PS that could be a decent alternative for some of our politicians also.

Johnny Vaughan got it spot on in 8 out of 10 cats on Friday night or Sunday if seen the repeat.

He said that sending them to the army as punishment is a bit harsh on the guys who voluntarily joined the army to make a career out it.

These guys have signed up & some wee ned is going to be doing the same job as them as punishment.

I would lock them up for at least 5 years.

If are under 18 then they stay in jail until they reach 18 then they serve an adult service.

So if are 14 & are caught with a knife then you get 4 years in juvenile then transferred to an adult prison for 2-3 years they are then less likely to see the time as easy.

The mentality of those that defend the right to carry a knife is staggering.

"I have to carry one to defend myself " such a crap reason to carry a knife.

As for Birching that is going to serve no purpose than to turn the neds in to S&M addicts.

user posted image

I do not feel that is a plan suitable for everyone: why should those training for medicine etc have their studies compromised by a scheme aimed to teach Jakey A how to conduct himself around others?

Of course knife crime occurs at differing ages, and so youth knife crime the onus has to be far more upon the parents than any other measures.

Adult knife crime should ideally be prevented during childhood, although I admit that's not realistic.

Studies etc are not compromised and in some cases can be incorporated into the National Service - if you are training to be a doctor this can continue either within the armed forces or within local hospitals. The Germans know that they have two years to give tothe state within a specified timeframe and conduct their studies around this. I agree that our way of thinking would have to change in this country but I think this can be achieved.

Guest GibbyTON
Johnny Vaughan got it spot on in 8 out of 10 cats on Friday night or Sunday if seen the repeat.

He said that sending them to the army as punishment is a bit harsh on the guys who voluntarily joined the army to make a career out it.

These guys have signed up & some wee ned is going to be doing the same job as them as punishment.

I would lock them up for at least 5 years.

If are under 18 then they stay in jail until they reach 18 then they serve an adult service.

So if are 14 & are caught with a knife then you get 4 years in juvenile then transferred to an adult prison for 2-3 years they are then less likely to see the time as easy.

The mentality of those that defend the right to carry a knife is staggering.

"I have to carry one to defend myself " such a crap reason to carry a knife.

As for Birching that is going to serve no purpose than to turn the neds in to S&M addicts.

Spot on, they would be liabilities to the Normal servicemen/women

Archived