A Weeks A Long Time In Football - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

A Weeks A Long Time In Football

Mr.Blue

this time last week, we were praising the team for the comeback against gretna, and looking forward to humping them in the replay and getting 3 points on saturday against the doonhamers.

Then we heard the news that jenkins and mcmenamin might be coming and an other player might come in on loan. For a while, most were being quite positive :o

However true to form, the jenkins signing hasnt been sorted yet (i'm still hopeful it will), and theres been little or no news from the club re new players. on top of that we let a few first teamers go, then yesterday we take a humping at home from a team imo we should be at least on a level playing field with. Then the negativity comes back big time, players need to get to f*** (some of which is very harsh) jim needs to go etc.

I think we should give the new players the time they need to settle, hope that the club make the rumoured signings before the window closes and get right behind the team.

Reading some of the posts and the one that summed it up for me was when it was mentioned that most of the players are terrified to come into hospitality after the games. that to me sums up the pressure and expectation that these guys are under.

I believe the players give 100% every week and are being let down by the management and board.

Before i put my tin hat on, and the ttg brigade come on, mind this is only my opinion and I'd like to hear what others think

There's a storm on the horizon

And for that I can't see the sun

For I'll keep a waiting on the pavement

For the ice cream van to come

I agree that it is very often one extreme to the other with Morton fans but maybe that is the nature of football fans everywhere?

Last week's result was perhaps a blip and yesterday was a return to our "normal" form. Some have suggested that it wasn't down to us that we drew last week, more down to Gretna taking their foot right off the gas so last week's optimism was unfounded and misplaced.

I too believe the players want to give 100% every week but some of them are so devoid of confidence they are hiding - not moving into space for throw ins, giving themselves bad starting positions so they can't get to the ball. The group of players now just need some better leadership.

And as for none of them wanting to go into hospitality. That is a bit sad. Firstly they shouldn't be afraid of their own fans and secondly they should have a bit of backbone and face their critics (if it is being done in a fair and constructive manner). If none of the players go through then the manager should.

I agree that it is very often one extreme to the other with Morton fans but maybe that is the nature of football fans everywhere?

Last week's result was perhaps a blip and yesterday was a return to our "normal" form. Some have suggested that it wasn't down to us that we drew last week, more down to Gretna taking their foot right off the gas so last week's optimism was unfounded and misplaced.

I too believe the players want to give 100% every week but some of them are so devoid of confidence they are hiding - not moving into space for throw ins, giving themselves bad starting positions so they can't get to the ball. The group of players now just need some better leadership.

And as for none of them wanting to go into hospitality. That is a bit sad. Firstly they shouldn't be afraid of their own fans and secondly they should have a bit of backbone and face their critics (if it is being done in a fair and constructive manner). If none of the players go through then the manager should.

I believe confidence or a lack of it is a major factor in whats happening to us just now. I don't like slating the manager but It's his job to address this

I believe confidence or a lack of it is a major factor in whats happening to us just now. I don't like slating the manager but It's his job to address this

I fully agree, confidence is massive in this game & when teams lose it and get into a losing habit, it is hard to get them going again. Do u think McInally is the type of gaffer that can get this back? I don't. :(

Football fans are fickle and are willing to latch on to anything positive that justifies their faith. Pulling out a performance to comeback from a 2 goal deficit is nice to see but it only serves to mask the real problems. Signing Jenkins would be good but again it's not going to solve our problems.

Sadly the team needs rebuilding from back to front and the question is can McInally do that.

I fully agree, confidence is massive in this game & when teams lose it and get into a losing habit, it is hard to get them going again. Do u think McInally is the type of gaffer that can get this back? I don't. :(

I hope, for Greenock Morton's sake he can, but excuse the pun, he doesn't instill me with confidence

it was me who heard the hospitality story and posted it on here, but i should have added that morton supporters have got a the reputation amongst players as being some of the most fanatic. some players thrive on that, although i don't think we have many of them at the moment.

maybe rae and mcinally should take the aggressive nature of our support into account when targeting players, and try to avoid delicate wee flowers.

the guy below loves the boaby.

it was me who heard the hospitality story and posted it on here, but i should have added that morton supporters have got a the reputation amongst players as being some of the most fanatic. some players thrive on that, although i don't think we have many of them at the moment.

maybe rae and mcinally should take the aggressive nature of our support into account when targeting players, and try to avoid delicate wee flowers.

I thought it was yourself who posted it mate, but couldnt be bothered looking back :lol: cheers

I have been to hospitality twice this season and both times players came out despite poor performances. In both occasions they got an easy ride with the most negative comment coming from Dougie who "compares" the Q & A. He slagged McGurn for the goal he conceded against Buckie but it was all in good humour.

I'm not sure I believe this one; if you can't face 30/40 fans who are suited up, often with their partners and out to have a good day how can you go out and play in front of the Cowshed! If the players don't come out its because they can't be bothered and you should ask for your money back - its part of the package after all.

On the other hand I totally agree we have too many "delicate flowers"

Archived