Borussia Dortmund - General Football & Other Sports - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Borussia Dortmund

edd

Planning a trip to Germany around about Easter next year and would love to go to a Borussia Dortmund game. It looks like it won't be too difficult to get tickets (if not directly from the club then at least from a ticket exchange site like viagogo) but I would particularly like to get 2 tickets for the South Stand - aka "The Wall". These tickets on the ticket exchange websites seem to be sold on for at least £150, unfortunately...

Does anyone have any experience of German football? Is there a way to get such tickets at a reasonable price? If not, would it be an option to get a ticket for another part of the ground and then try to sneak or blag (in German) my way into the south stand - or is German security far too efficient to get away with that?

Planning a trip to Germany around about Easter next year and would love to go to a Borussia Dortmund game. It looks like it won't be too difficult to get tickets (if not directly from the club then at least from a ticket exchange site like viagogo) but I would particularly like to get 2 tickets for the South Stand - aka "The Wall". These tickets on the ticket exchange websites seem to be sold on for at least £150, unfortunately...

Does anyone have any experience of German football? Is there a way to get such tickets at a reasonable price? If not, would it be an option to get a ticket for another part of the ground and then try to sneak or blag (in German) my way into the south stand - or is German security far too efficient to get away with that?

I remember hearing that the south stand is season ticket holders only

Was at Hoffenheim v Wolfsburg two seasons ago.

You could buy tickets at a booth outside the ground on match day, but they were sold out.

Went to the away end and there was a ticket office specifically for away fans - there was some sort of requirement to show a football I/D pass (don't know exactly what it was) but I was able to get a ticket without it.

Might be best to choose a Dortmund game against the likes of Freiburg or Hoffenheim for a better chance of a ticket, and even take your passport in case there's I/D required.

Hey edd - how goes it? You still in Edinburgh?

Try 'European Football Weekends', they have a blog (which I don't think they update anymore) but looks like they are still active on Facebook. It's guys who travel all over Europe attending matches, maybes post on there and see if anyone has any advice?

What Carew can do with a ball, I can do with an orange

Archived