Jim Mcinally - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Jim Mcinally

axeman

A lot of people have been saying how well we've been doing & the good work our close season signings have done, but there's not really been a lot of plaudits for the Boss.

I think Jim, & Martin Clark, must take a lot of the praise for the encouraging signs that we've seen. He received what may best be described as a lukewarm reception when he arrived from Celtic, but I think gradually we've seen the benefits that he has brought us.

He finally cleared the decks after the last couple of seasons in this division, making the tough decisions that have been long overdue. Now some of them may not have been popular at the time, with some fan favourites leaving, but this has left us in a better position.

We look a bigger side physically, more confident & better equipped for the challenges of this division. Truly now I think you can say this is McInally's team & we seem all the better for it.

So thanks Jim & good luck for the rest of the season. It can be a real beast of a job at times but you look as if you've got the cajones to succeed at it. cool.gif

I'd love to have you both for dinner

agree with everything said, and you have covered pretty much everything and i have nothing to add to it except maybe a BIG thanks tae martin and jim

2006 - 2007 = Greenock Morton F.C. (1st Division Champions once again)

Against Gretna and Raith we have looked by far the fitter team so the new training procedures Jim introduced must be paying off.

Signings have been good and we are making the right noises, keep it up!

Baggy Basement, The Last Friday of Every Month ONLY @ Cleats basement.

Next Baggy Basement - Friday 26th January 9pm - 1am!!!!

Inverclyde's ONLY Friday night, Indie Orientated event!

Need a mention on Tannoy? Contact me on gmfctannoy@hotmail.co.uk

We have a really solid team due to the management staff and the system he has developed with the appropriate players has seen us beat Gretna, St Mirren and Raith in the last few weeks only conceeding 2 goals and scoring 7.

Impressive stuff biggrin.gif

We are Legion. We do not forgive. We do not forget. Expect us.

Yes, great post!

Spot on with absolutely everything. Jim has been praising us an awful lot lately & even felt sorry for us about the cup tie away to Brechin.

Maybe it's time for a wee song about McInally? cool.gif

we were even quoted in the papers today as a big physical team, when was the last time you heard that being said about morton?

imo jim and martin have done a great job so far,

as davie provan said in yesterdays paper 'never mind big spending gretna, morton will win div 2' biggrin.gif

if the case is we're big and physical good.last year we were too lightweight.nothing wrong with what the management team are doing.sometimes pretty football isn't the answer especially in this league.if we had tried pretty football against gretna we would have been humped off the park.to coin an old phrase "GET INTAE THEM"

yeah, Lilley mentioned in the Sun feature on Saturday that when he arrived Andy McLaren told him that we tended to get bullied a little last season by bigger teams so he is going to set about changing that.

I actually get a nice feeling when other teams refer to us as being "dirty" and "physical", not a sexual feeling, just a feeling that we are finally going somewhere.

Archived