What Are You Listening To At The Moment? - Page 16 - General Nonsense - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

What Are You Listening To At The Moment?

amy

I would like to take you up on a point here.

You say you gave your opinion on th view. To me you dismissed them as being 'trendy to like'. I think their album is pretty standard fare but they are nobody to me & I have no interest in them as people. I must have 100 or more albums by bands that are pretty poor but have standout tracks, that makes it worthwile.

i think the reason Donga has a pop at you is you almost entirely give a critique of an album & it seems pushy, smug & knowing when in (the probable) truth you are none of these. I would suggest you maybe try and stick to opinion on the band, or whatever subject happens to be discussed & try and leave the social comment to a minimum.

For example, I said the Scott Matthews slbum was s***, Donga disagreed & he's fine with being wrong <_>

You should never take advice on a band from music magazines. The reviewer always has their own agenda.

You make a fair point Sammario, you even manage not to make an insult out of it the way Donga does. I can seem like I'm pontificating there, like I have the authority on a subject, it wasn't intentional but your right. In speaking it probably wouldn't come across that way I'd hope, but you make a good point. Your right enough about the music review thing as well.

Scarily, you made the same point Donga but made it personal. As for thinking I'm always right, I think we have a case of the pot calling the kettle black there Donga. I've seen plenty of threads, threads I haven't posted in, where you have done this to other people! It isn't possible to have a proper argument because you always resort to type, name calling, taking it back to playground stuff. Pretty juvenile, no?

"In a country lacerated by the sharp shards of broken brown-eyed promises, in a world bent low by the burden of disease, war and the price of Thunderbird, who is left to make full account of God and Britain's depleted moral mini bar? Yes, it's the surprising adventures of me, Sir Digby Chicken Caesar!"

You make a fair point Sammario, you even manage not to make an insult out of it the way Donga does. I can seem like I'm pontificating there, like I have the authority on a subject, it wasn't intentional but your right. In speaking it probably wouldn't come across that way I'd hope, but you make a good point. Your right enough about the music review thing as well.

Scarily, you made the same point Donga but made it personal. As for thinking I'm always right, I think we have a case of the pot calling the kettle black there Donga. I've seen plenty of threads, threads I haven't posted in, where you have done this to other people! It isn't possible to have a proper argument because you always resort to type, name calling, taking it back to playground stuff. Pretty juvenile, no?

I only vaguely remember making that point. but it seems good enoug. I do reckon your a goo dlad Bug, and you clearly have a love for the music but as I say, knowing would cover it. You coome across, to me anyway, as somewhat self important on some posts. but on others you seem alright. I dare say you're most likely a young music fan who has some literal ability & that leads you astray at times.

Also, & Donga might not like this, but sometimes, largely on the old board, he was our resident Mojo critic, sometimes taking opinion too far, I'm sure he never meant to give the impression he was an authority, in fact, i know he didn't & doesn't. Similar to you nowadays though? maybe.

When you walk through a storm
Hold your head up high
And don't be afraid of the dark

Top toons in my house at the moment:-

Leeds United - Luke Haines

Ipswich to Auschwitz - Jarvis

May You Never - John Martyn

This Is Not Love - Yeah Jazz

Push the Button - Sugababes

Yeah Jazz....not heard that name for a while.

Luke Haines is a bona fide genius. The term is hugely overused these days but he is alongside other mavericks like Billy Childish.

Edited by Davie McArthur

MARTY OUT!!!!!

In the last hour been listening to some Inxs,del amitri,the undertones,james,big country,simple minds,silencers,goodbye mr mckenzie,franz ferdinand,blue nile.

Thats the beauty of file sharing :D !!!

Also had a visit to tontastics chatroom!!

Ever tried Beethoven or Mozart

First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then they pretend to befriend you, then you win!

YER BARD

I love it that Trick rises to the bait of a wind up merchant. Its naw really Chuck Norris you know?

Yanks! jeezo!

Do you really think I'm that bloody daft? I KNOW it's not Chuck, but who says that I'm not on the windup?

"Throw me to the wolves, and I'll return leading the pack." ---Unknown

"May God have mercy upon my enemies, because I won't." ---General George S. Patton, Jr.

I only vaguely remember making that point. but it seems good enoug. I do reckon your a goo dlad Bug, and you clearly have a love for the music but as I say, knowing would cover it. You coome across, to me anyway, as somewhat self important on some posts. but on others you seem alright. I dare say you're most likely a young music fan who has some literal ability & that leads you astray at times.

Also, & Donga might not like this, but sometimes, largely on the old board, he was our resident Mojo critic, sometimes taking opinion too far, I'm sure he never meant to give the impression he was an authority, in fact, i know he didn't & doesn't. Similar to you nowadays though? maybe.

Lol, maybe! Yeah I see what your saying. There comes over a wee bit of arrogance when I put points across sometimes. I'm happy to admit that. A bit of constructive criticism is always a good thing. I'm really not one of these busy, self-important people but I reckon I could be more diligent in reading through things before posting them, maybe do myself a favour and seem less like a smart arse!

"In a country lacerated by the sharp shards of broken brown-eyed promises, in a world bent low by the burden of disease, war and the price of Thunderbird, who is left to make full account of God and Britain's depleted moral mini bar? Yes, it's the surprising adventures of me, Sir Digby Chicken Caesar!"

Am really looking forward to the new album from Arcade Fire next month. I read somewhere that Funeral, the first one, has sold 500,000 copies so far. That surprised me, I mean I thought they actually had a bigger audience than that.

Edited by Mortonbug