Kenny Deuchar - How Was He For You? - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Kenny Deuchar - How Was He For You?

Is Kenny Deuchar a better player now than when he last faced us in Division Two?  

30 members have voted

1. 1. Is Kenny Deuchar a better player now than when he last faced us in Division Two?

• 1. Yes, a class act
    • 2. Much improved
    • 3. No better, no worse

For me, one of the attractions of yesterday's match was to see if Kenny Deuchar had improved as a player since we last faced him in Division Two. Despite all the media hype, and the fact that he scored, I don't think he has improved. What do you think? Is he now the most feared striker in Division Two or the poor (make that rich) man's Chris Templeman? :)

i think hes just the same as hew was the first time in the second division , i just think he scores more goals because hes playing with a better team

12851[/snapback]

Correct. He wasn't getting very much service with East Fife, even though they constantly punted it up to him, but he rarely had support etc, yet still managed to bag a decent amount of goals.

I think Deucher is a good player, he will do well this season will Gretna I reckon, purely because he will be getting good and regular service.

Big Kenny is a decent player. Would probably prefer him at Scappa to Temps. He got a fantastic no. of goals last season - I know it was only the 3rd division and even Alex Williams scored 30 goals but he got a lot more than that and I think will get maybe 25-30 again this season.

Don't know if he'll make it in the 1st, time will tell.

To be honest...........i really cant remember him doing much yesterday apart from scoring the goal...........im trying to think but nothing seems to come to mind, he didnt make a big impression on me, however it is early in the season....time will tell.

IPB Image

he looked like an average player but full of confidence (unlike templeman who looks like an above-average player with no confidence whatsoever) and as most people interested in football know, confidence is everything.

he seemed to know where the goal was, unlike some strikers (i'm thinking of the st mirren game here where the st mirren players had several opportunities to shoot and either missed or turned and passed it to someone else), and he'll score a lot of goals with gretna in this league but i don't think he's anything special.

i wouldn't pay 100k for him for instance :P

That's only the fourth game I've see Deuchar in (and three of them were the season we got promoted from the third)

Dunno, his fitness has obviously improved from being able to go full-time, but beyond that don't think theres much difference (aye, famous last words etc.)

Will be, eh, 'interesting' to see how he does in the second this season. I'm hoping neither he, nor his team-mates, are overly successful :unsure:

Between the click of the light and the start of the dream

Thought he done well, the fact he plays with such a good team around him helps but as any good striker knows hes still got to get on the end of a pass to score a goal.

Looked good yesterday but was more impressed with Binghams play for Gretna, very good professional leads by example on the park.

i think by the end of the season the Doctor will be there or thereabouts for top-scorer as he is capable of scoring a variety of types of goals.

But he aint a touch on Derek Lilley, would rather have him than the good Doctor :D

. . . YooHoo Laydeez!!

i thought he played ok, apart from the goal he didnt do much.

a good player, but i think he'll be lucky if he gets 20 goals this season, no way will he repeat his 40+ goals like last year

No sympathy for the devil; keep that in mind.

Buy the ticket, take the ride...

Archived