The 2nd Penalty - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

The 2nd Penalty

pink_panther

According to FIFA

"The player taking the penalty kick may not play the ball a second time until it has touched another player."

"Only by understanding what a rebellion accomplishes can we see its limitations. A rebellion disrupts the society, but it does not provide what is necessary to establish a new social order." James and Grace Lee Boggs.

Just goes to show the appalling state of refereeing in Scotland. I was shouting for a free kick to Dumbarton. I could not believe the ineptitude of the officials.

Ditto. Every single spectator spotted that it was a foul. Only the ref and linesmen failed to notice it. Unbelievable. it's not as if it's a really obscure rule - it's basic stuff.

"Any nation given the opportunity to regain its national sovereignty and which then rejects it is so far beneath contempt that it is hard to put words to it."

There were a few dodgy decisions. Just before the shot that was cleared off the line, (allegedly!) Weatherson was a yard or two offside.

David O'Brien ran the ball over the by line not unlike the one in the Scotland v Australia game, that went unnoticed. Fortunately, nothing came off it.

The sorry thing is is that these things are happening more often in games. What’s happening with the refs?

There were a few dodgy decisions. Just before the shot that was cleared off the line, (allegedly!) Weatherson was a yard or two offside.

David O'Brien ran the ball over the by line not unlike the one in the Scotland v Australia game, that went unnoticed. Fortunately, nothing came off it.

The sorry thing is is that these things are happening more often in games. What’s happening with the refs?

Was saying same thing to a Partick supporter at work at the end of last season - I reckon the standard took a real nose-dive after the Dougiegate affair - I don't really follow/stalk the refs, but I wonder if a few of the better ones chucked it around then?

And its not just the refs - the last couple of home games the stand-side assistant (supposedly the better of the two available) has been pretty useless too.

Archived