Ton V Ross County - Page 3 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Ton V Ross County

Mr.Blue

Flat performance , not a noteworthy shot on target. Lots of under par performances with only Fred redeeming himself . Not got the time or the interest in berating some of the others. Missed Stewart's Goal which is probably a blessing.

County were woeful, I don't mind getting beaten by a better team on the day but they were poor also.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I though Stewart had a fairly good game today, commanded his box well and was vocal for once, Smith in front of him helped.

If the goal was a match winner I'd be giving him pelters but turned out it didn't matter.

Even top keepers have howlers (Allan McGregor)

What's the fcking point having a 'fairly good game' if your going to throw the ball in the back of your own net?!

If we're relegated on goal difference then I believe it will bloody matter.

Apart from the fact McGregor's not a top keeper, even that clown doesn't have a howler or two every second week!

TTG JIM!!!

What's the fcking point having a 'fairly good game' if your going to throw the ball in the back of your own net?!

If we're relegated on goal difference then I believe it will bloody matter.

Apart from the fact McGregor's not a top keeper, even that clown doesn't have a howler or two every second week!

Calm down Dear, it's only a game.

Colin Stewart did not cost us the game today.

Depressing. terrible performances from the entire team with the exception of Bachirou, who has to be the entire 5 man midfield on his own.

What happened to these guys that used to play for Morton back in August? You know, the ones that could score goals and didn't concede many.

"Any nation given the opportunity to regain its national sovereignty and which then rejects it is so far beneath contempt that it is hard to put words to it."

Very poor performance from us and the match itself was abysmal to watch from both teams. County set up to stop us playing and we did nothing to combat it. They got the job done but we let it happen all too easily.

Stewart - Had a few decent saves throughout match and had a world class save leading up to his horrendous mistake, but is clearly lacking in confidence and with each blunder is having an adverse affect on the rest of the defence.

Graham - Poor performance from him and would have moved McCann to right back and changed formation at start of second half. Likeable guy but clearly needs to improve or should be out of team.

Forsyth - Defensively was much better than of late. His distribution lets him down badly though and because of this is caught out of position too often. Another who needs to improve greatly as we have no cover for him.

Evans - Our best defender by a long way on Saturday. This lad is a player who will hopefully continue to improve. Once he gets rid of his momentary lapses in concentration and indecision he will be a player of great potential to go far.

Smyth - Played solid enough game and his experience is vital at the moment due to Caff being out, but he was to blame for the first goal. He was sucked in too far up the park by the centre forward, which in turn let the midfielder play a simple ball through to the player running from the half way line. He knew he done it as he was disgusted with himself after the goal was scored.

O'Brien - Started of where he left of against Livi, but due to how county set-up didn't have the freedom to make the runs he was afforded the week before. Moore then switched him and Di Gac to see if that could change things, but it didn't work and Obri easily becomes frustrated and can't seem to adapt his game enough to accomodate stuffy defences.

McCann - Feel a little sorry for him as he is never a midfielder and his performance showed that. Too easily bossed out of the game by County's midfield and was left chasing shadows most of the match. When he did have the ball his passing was poor as he panics in the midfield. Much more comfortable at right-back and should have moved there sooner.

McGeouch - Technically a neat little player, but for me was our worst performer by a long way. Was seen to be hiding throughout the match and sat way too deep all game, making it almost impossible for him when he did have the ball to play a telling pass, which subsequently led to him becoming invisible as the game went on as he didn't want the ball and wasn't prepared to do any dirty work. Another player who needs to learn to adapt against strong teams.

Bachirou - Our best player of late and one with great technical ability and positional awareness. His workrate is phenomenal and should put the midfielders around him to shame. His vision is great also, but his distribution lets him down just now. he plays some lovely passes, then four or five bad ones. Once he sorts that out or has Tidser back alongside him to carry that burden then we have a fantastic little player in our hands.

Di Giacomo - For me has been a good signing by Moore, but was totally ineffectual on Saturday. Again was not involved as much as he should have been. I expected more from him on Saturday as he is a very experienced player. Would have been tempted to move him into the centre alongside Fred at half-time, moving McCann to right-back and taking off Graham and McGeouch, and introducing fitzharris and jackson/weatherson in a 4-4-2 for the second half.

McDonald - His poorest game in a Morton shirt. To be fair had no support or supply throughout the game, again though when the going is tough I expect more from him. Even if he isn't getting supply he should have been working harder to drag the central defence further up the pitch, such as the County striker did to Smyth for the first goal. A lack of interest and form just now, but should have been paired up at half time with another striker. Still our best striker by a long way though.

Those are my thoughts on Saturday's game. Left posting it for a few days until the disappointment was gone otherwise i'd have given a knee jerk reaction of a review.

Very poor performance from us and the match itself was abysmal to watch from both teams. County set up to stop us playing and we did nothing to combat it. They got the job done but we let it happen all too easily.

Stewart - Had a few decent saves throughout match and had a world class save leading up to his horrendous mistake, but is clearly lacking in confidence and with each blunder is having an adverse affect on the rest of the defence.

Graham - Poor performance from him and would have moved McCann to right back and changed formation at start of second half. Likeable guy but clearly needs to improve or should be out of team.

Forsyth - Defensively was much better than of late. His distribution lets him down badly though and because of this is caught out of position too often. Another who needs to improve greatly as we have no cover for him.

Evans - Our best defender by a long way on Saturday. This lad is a player who will hopefully continue to improve. Once he gets rid of his momentary lapses in concentration and indecision he will be a player of great potential to go far.

Smyth - Played solid enough game and his experience is vital at the moment due to Caff being out, but he was to blame for the first goal. He was sucked in too far up the park by the centre forward, which in turn let the midfielder play a simple ball through to the player running from the half way line. He knew he done it as he was disgusted with himself after the goal was scored.

O'Brien - Started of where he left of against Livi, but due to how county set-up didn't have the freedom to make the runs he was afforded the week before. Moore then switched him and Di Gac to see if that could change things, but it didn't work and Obri easily becomes frustrated and can't seem to adapt his game enough to accomodate stuffy defences.

McCann - Feel a little sorry for him as he is never a midfielder and his performance showed that. Too easily bossed out of the game by County's midfield and was left chasing shadows most of the match. When he did have the ball his passing was poor as he panics in the midfield. Much more comfortable at right-back and should have moved there sooner.

McGeouch - Technically a neat little player, but for me was our worst performer by a long way. Was seen to be hiding throughout the match and sat way too deep all game, making it almost impossible for him when he did have the ball to play a telling pass, which subsequently led to him becoming invisible as the game went on as he didn't want the ball and wasn't prepared to do any dirty work. Another player who needs to learn to adapt against strong teams.

Bachirou - Our best player of late and one with great technical ability and positional awareness. His workrate is phenomenal and should put the midfielders around him to shame. His vision is great also, but his distribution lets him down just now. he plays some lovely passes, then four or five bad ones. Once he sorts that out or has Tidser back alongside him to carry that burden then we have a fantastic little player in our hands.

Di Giacomo - For me has been a good signing by Moore, but was totally ineffectual on Saturday. Again was not involved as much as he should have been. I expected more from him on Saturday as he is a very experienced player. Would have been tempted to move him into the centre alongside Fred at half-time, moving McCann to right-back and taking off Graham and McGeouch, and introducing fitzharris and jackson/weatherson in a 4-4-2 for the second half.

McDonald - His poorest game in a Morton shirt. To be fair had no support or supply throughout the game, again though when the going is tough I expect more from him. Even if he isn't getting supply he should have been working harder to drag the central defence further up the pitch, such as the County striker did to Smyth for the first goal. A lack of interest and form just now, but should have been paired up at half time with another striker. Still our best striker by a long way though.

Those are my thoughts on Saturday's game. Left posting it for a few days until the disappointment was gone otherwise i'd have given a knee jerk reaction of a review.

Reckon that's a much fairer summing up than some of the earlier posters. Looking back on Saturday, I'd say we simply failed to adapt our tactics to those of County, plus all three of our central midfielders seemed to playing in a largely defensive role (in fact you could possibly say all five midfielders were, because neither winger got forward much either).

Flat performance , not a noteworthy shot on target. Lots of under par performances with only Fred redeeming himself . Not got the time or the interest in berating some of the others. Missed Stewart's Goal which is probably a blessing.

County were woeful, I don't mind getting beaten by a better team on the day but they were poor also.

On or off target by my reckoning, can't remember a game ever when i never seen 1 attempt on or off target.

Don't agree that Evans was out best player, thought he was distinctly average (which is having having a good game usually), thought Fred was best by a country mile. Agree with you on most others though, with McGeough being terrible.

I actually don't blame McDonald for Sat. as lumping it up the park to a lone striker is just a waste of time in my opinion. What has happened to Jackson by the way & why is he not getting on before Spoonsy these days? Is it to do with the formation or what?

"He's not the messiah........He's a very naughty boy!.............Now P*ss Off!"

Don't agree that Evans was out best player, thought he was distinctly average (which is having having a good game usually), thought Fred was best by a country mile. Agree with you on most others though, with McGeough being terrible.

Cheers for the feedback.

As for Evans I didn't say he was our best player, I said I considered him to be our best defender. He wasn't accountable for any of the goals and did his job effectively and well.

If he cuts out the lapses of concentration during a game he will develop into a really good player. Having said that I agree we were never really put under a lot of pressure from County during the match, so looking back it wasn't a stand out performance but was still better than all other defenders.

Archived