Fly Fishing - General Football & Other Sports - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Fly Fishing

Got a fly rod for my bday. Having never tried it before Im not really sure how the best way is to learn. Anyone on here have any suggestions, hints etc?

Thanks in advance

There's a storm on the horizon

And for that I can't see the sun

For I'll keep a waiting on the pavement

For the ice cream van to come

I tried it when I was younger but just didn't have the patience for it as it's something that requires a lot of practice.

Best way to learn casting is round your back garden or a bit of waste ground, casting with no fly attached. Actually catching fish is a nightmare though as there's so many things to take into account so trying to buddy up with someone who has good knowledge of the local fisheries is a must.

ryu-blackhadou.gif

jSuper_Street_Fighter_II_Turbo.png

An internet fud is still a fud.

Ive always wanted to try fly fishing.... when you catch your first fish its almost as good as your first orgasm ive heard :lol:

:blink:

think you should get in some practice with yer OTHER flies as you're obviously doin SOMETHING not quite right!

:P

"Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right......."

Got a fly rod for my bday. Having never tried it before Im not really sure how the best way is to learn. Anyone on here have any suggestions, hints etc?

Thanks in advance

get yourself down to Middleton fishery in largs, they will give you all the help you need with casting etc, cost you a tenner for catch and release or 11.50 for a 1 fish ticket. Guys are really helpful if you tell them you are a newbie, ive fished it for years and very rarely dont catch, and , its better than orgasm when you hook the first one on the surface.

Archived