Sfl Tv - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Sfl Tv

FifeTon

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What is SFL tv ? Is it like Scotsport or football first i think it was called many years ago that showed the First division games - Quality viewing that was !! 80% of the game was a column in front of the camera ha ha ha

We hate the St Mirren Paisley B*stards and we'll chase them everywhere !!

What is SFL tv ? Is it like Scotsport or football first i think it was called many years ago that showed the First division games - Quality viewing that was !! 80% of the game was a column in front of the camera ha ha ha

It will be online highlights of games, shown on the SFL website.

Got yi first i've heard of it to be honest suppose if Morton are set up for it then it will be a good thing if you miss a game.

We hate the St Mirren Paisley B*stards and we'll chase them everywhere !!

I just don't get it. The club (and some particular individuals who may not actually be at fault for its non existance) were more than happy to take the plaudits when we were 'one of the first clubs to provide highlights online' - at least at this sort of level or something.

We went from having highlights of almost every single match, to highlights now and again when whoever was in charge could be arsed getting them online, to none at all. Very poor show.

PS I'm gutted as I had saved ALL highlights that were ever available (my favourite being the 9-1 drubbing of Forfar) only for my hard drive to completely fck up and the back ups to not work.

TTG JIM!!!

naw were not, please check my past posts, moaning about the lack of a highlight service :) A club with the size of our support is mad not to provide highlights.

http://www.gmfc.net/Webcasts/Free%20Video%20Clips :huh:

Granted last update was Partick Thistle v Morton (26 April 08) but that says to me that we do have a highlight service

I am dyslexic and I am getting tired of your shirt

Granted last update was Partick Thistle v Morton (26 April 08) but that says to me that we do have a highlight service

We need a current one. The club seem to be moving things in the right direction everywhere you look so I imagine that this will be getting some attention soon too.

Peter Weatherson is the greatest player since Ritchie, and should be assigned 'chairman for life' 

onsP5NR.jpg

LOL thanks for the laugh bud, needed that this morning :D I stand corrected we have a 2 year out of date highlight service ;)

(Can i just say im delighted with how everything is going with the club right now, this is a tiny issue which could get sorted quickly)

We were one of the first and its been a steady decline since, Our next game, The Sons Trust run the highlight service which we should appear on. I've moaned and emailed the club trying to explain the benifits for the Morton Brand. Mind how gutted we were when the 1st Div lost the TV contract?? well what stage are we at now with our scottish product, ESPN considering just showing Old Firm away matches etc? The only way i can see clubs like us gaining any TV funds in the near future, is for the clubs to provide there own pay monthly service with likes of the webcasts becoming part of a Morton Online service(the guys do a great job), along with the video highlights, classic matches, pre & post interviews. Tonvision, TonTV, Ton anything lol.

i just feel, from a marketing view point, were not looking out our bowl here.

Sorry to hear about the hard drive gary, had that happen to me twice now.

signa.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
if you click on the challenge cup section they have highlights from the first round. it seems to load, but then the highlights never actually play and the screen goes dark. :huh:

Yeah, it does the 10 seconds of loading, then just goes black...

This is a good idea, clearly they gave up trying to find a regular broadcaster for the highlights. Maybe this will be more profitable?

The men who were operating the Super 8 camera at the back of the stand on Sunday were certainly taking it very seriously. "Yi cannae sit here son, this is for the TV broadcast". Seriously, a tear? :rolleyes:

"In a country lacerated by the sharp shards of broken brown-eyed promises, in a world bent low by the burden of disease, war and the price of Thunderbird, who is left to make full account of God and Britain's depleted moral mini bar? Yes, it's the surprising adventures of me, Sir Digby Chicken Caesar!"

Archived