Training - Page 3 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Training

KingsTON

I don't think 'back to front' necessarily means a long punt from Harding though. Maybe I'm being optimistic but it could be that the plan is to get the ball to the forwards as quick as possible instead of slow midfield build ups.

This could mean long passes played into the feet of forwards, from full backs for example, for us to get out our own half more, kick and rush almost. It might just mean that the midfield are told to get the ball played forward, even into channels - just to get us out and relieve the defence. We can still play football in the final third. I wouldn't call O'Neills Celtic a long ball side, but they played back to front.

PS - anyone else have a 'new season' type feel about today. I know its not but feel something fresh about going today...

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply
PS - anyone else have a 'new season' type feel about today. I know its not but feel something fresh about going today...

I'm feeling very, very ill, but I have the exact same feeling, so I'm going to drag myself over to Cappielow regardless.

EOho8Pw.png

I was a bit worried reading Collins' comments.

"Over the years there have been lots of good footballing sides at Cappielow, but it’s a results business and whatever it takes we’ll do. If that means going back to front to get two or three results to take the sting out of things, then I think the supporters will understand. "

Of course we'd understand if it gets result but imo it's been that tactic that's been letting us down all season. :unsure:

f*** you, McLovin!

And so it came to pass.

It wasn't until the introduction of Stevenson that we (he) started to get the ball down, take a touch and play a bit.

However, he'll need a run in centre mid to get his match sharpness back.

Personally, I'd consider dropping two from McLaughlin, McGuffie and Finlayson (who had his worst game in a while today) for Chris and Jamie next week.

Would love to see Jim finally being given a chance on the right as I noticed his delivery was excellent from the few free kicks and corners he took.

________________________McGurn_________________

_______________Greacen___Smith___Harding________

McAlister______Millar____Stevenson____Jenkins___McLaughlin

_________________Weatherson__Russell________________

A bit experimental with Scott at wing back but he's a decent enough tackler with a good engine so I reckon he'd be ok.

PS Russell must be an automatic starter next week at the expense of Wake.

"CORNBEEF IS A BELLEND"

Archived