Strathclyde Businees Park, Bellshill - Page 2 - General Nonsense - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Strathclyde Businees Park, Bellshill

HMS Willow

I have another problem, they've sent me the wrong job spec :(

I discovered this on Monday after they asked to see me but the agency told me they'd sent the correct one today but unfortunately it was the front cover of one and not the other 3 pages :(

Some sing of Celtic, Rangers

And some of Motherwell

Of Hibs and Partick Thistle

And other teams as well

But of all the famous football teams

There’s one that they’ve forgotten

With a Ra Ra Ra and a Cha Cha Cha

IT’S THE FAMOUS GREENOCK MORTON

I phoned Scottish Power today to ask them but they suggested 10 - 15mins in a taxi ;)

Used to work at SP - Bellshill is a nightmare to get to unless you have a car. Even at that, you're looking at best part of 1hr each way.

C'cart is much better connected with public transport, but if you're doing that you need to head into town and get a connecting train to the south side. If you're thinking of doing that, take the car - will cut your journey time in half.

If you don't mind me asking, what's the job at SP?

I have a friend in Internal Audit based there.....not from Greenock though....

Used to work at SP - Bellshill is a nightmare to get to unless you have a car. Even at that, you're looking at best part of 1hr each way.

C'cart is much better connected with public transport, but if you're doing that you need to head into town and get a connecting train to the south side. If you're thinking of doing that, take the car - will cut your journey time in half.

If you don't mind me asking, what's the job at SP?

I have a friend in Internal Audit based there.....not from Greenock though....

Purchasing Consultant or something similar.

SP are investing £3BN in the next 3 years in the UK and are now starting to recruit in order to handle this investment.

Apparently they're being extremely selective for my role so I don't know if that's the norm.

Are they good to work for ??

And some of Motherwell

And other teams as well

Purchasing Consultant or something similar.

SP are investing £3BN in the next 3 years in the UK and are now starting to recruit in order to handle this investment.

Apparently they're being extremely selective for my role so I don't know if that's the norm.

Are they good to work for ??

My partner's been with them for over ten years Willow. I'm sure you'll know they are now owned by the Spanish energy company Iberdrola.

Her take is that there's currently a snowballing rationalisation to try to make them more competitive. She thinks they are probably no better than most major employers-some good employee benefits etc., but a dreadful line management structure with the right hand and left hand often on a different body!!!

By the way-forget all those panic stories about Strathclyde Business Park. I know that area very well and can assure you it's only a mile or so from Bellshill town centre, or three minutes drive off the A8 Shawhead interchange (Coatbridge/Bellshill)

First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then they pretend to befriend you, then you win!

YER BARD

Willowman, with out a car, your goosed.

Its the other side of Glasgow, with no direct buses to the place.

I worked up there about 10years ago, and even with a car it was a trek due to the trafic on the bridge every morning. I left at 8 am for a 9.30am start and was still late if the was any problems over on top of rush hour

Cheers.

Just wondering if it's quite easy to get to.

Getting a train to Bellshill tomorrow but told there's no bus service into it.

Traveline's website was pish and I don't fancy taxi-ing it every day from the station, if and only if I was to get a job there.

Do you know if it's quite near the train station ??

Looks like any advice i could have offered on transport has already been provided ... only thing i would add is that even by car the journey can be a nightmare ... you have the Kingston Bridge to take care of ... then the hassles of EuroCentral which can become snarled up. Obviously this all depends if it is a 9-5 job or shifts or flexi-time, as the journey could be easy enough if you could do it off-peak. Another assumption here is that you stay in Inverclyde and would not be moving that way if this is a permanent role.

Tontastic : Web Site | Facebook | Twitter

Looks like any advice i could have offered on transport has already been provided ... only thing i would add is that even by car the journey can be a nightmare ... you have the Kingston Bridge to take care of ... then the hassles of EuroCentral which can become snarled up. Obviously this all depends if it is a 9-5 job or shifts or flexi-time, as the journey could be easy enough if you could do it off-peak. Another assumption here is that you stay in Inverclyde and would not be moving that way if this is a permanent role.

Possible to leave at St. James' and use the old A 726 in through the periphery of E Kilbride-it's bound to be busy too, but probably not log jammed like the Kingston bridge.

As you say it depends entirely on start and finish times.That can also be accomplished without Tom Tom!

First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then they pretend to befriend you, then you win!

YER BARD

I worked in Stathclyde Business Park around 10 years ago.

I used to get the train to Bellshill then walk to SBP - the walk used to take around half an hour. I think there are also buses from Bellshill town centre out to SBP - wouldn't take any more than 5-10 mins.

One of my customers is in Wren Court, Strathclyde Business Park - By car it's easy to get there, by foot slightly more problematical.

At peak times access can be easier by car from the M74 than the A8, by train it's a few mins as the crow flies from the station, but around 15 mins to walk.

I go there every month (but not at peak times) and don't have any problems.

Thanks to all for the comments.

Personally speaking it was very easy to get to and hopefully I'll get the job, but won't know for another couple of weeks.

And some of Motherwell

And other teams as well

Archived