Women's World Cup - General Football & Other Sports - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Women's World Cup

England's well deserved draw against holders (and favourites) Germany, leaves them on the verge of qualification to the knock-out stages. Man of the match Faye White led by example at the back and I reckon the English girls have a outside chance of going all the way , I hope not though. 3 points would have been better for them against the Japanese but it was the display against Gemrnay which would have raised a few eye-brows.

The American's have started off convincingly as expected but I just can't see it being simply a two horse race between them and the Germans this time. I fully expect Norway , morale boosted by their fantastic 2-1 victory over the Canadians to be in with a shout , and Brazil can't be written off either especially after that hammering they gave New Zealand.

not very interested in the womans world cup, goalkeepers are pretty terrible, ill pay attantion to the USA scores, and i may watch the final. but because of the USA womans teams success, many american think that "soccer" is a womans game. kind of spoils it for me a little :mellow:

That's just sexist and patronising ; next you'll be suggesting that women don't make good drivers.

I'll be reporting you to Nacho.

Women are better at everything. ;) Why are you telling Nacho, is he your friend?

That's just my opinion.

• 2 weeks later...

Congatrulations to Germany on retaining the World cup ; and well done to Brazil on reaching the final after that crushing victory over the U.S. in the semi's.

For the life of me I can't believe that Edinton kindly set up an International football forum and yet so few people felt it appropriate to discuss here the most prestigious International tournament on the the planet. The World Cup.

Archived