Lilley - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Lilley

luv_da_ton

what do you think of Derek Lilley?  

69 members have voted

1. 1. what do you think of Derek Lilley?

• 1 - Rubbish
    • 10 - Fandabydosy

I reckon Lilley will be the best out and out goal scorer we have ever had at the club in my memory. Say the last decade that is.

Obvioulsy he aint goney break any records having given the best years of his career elsewhere. Might get close to the club goal scoring record if he plays every game this season though. That might be a bit optimistic.

having seen him twice this week he looks the real deal as a centre forward. team player, goalscorer, experience at winning free kicks (bugs me at times but its not like there arent other players who get away with it - chris sutton?) and is good in the air and on the ground. think he's worth every penny of whatever wages he's on. type of player jimmy calderwood keeps saying he needs so was surprised he never went for him coz he still has it in him to play at a higher level i think

Lilley is a class act and barring injuries he is going to score one helluva lot of goals for us this season, I am 100% confident of that.

Great compusure, always very clever when tricking defenders and a solid finisher. Hes going to end his career in style with us and we get to watch it!

"In a country lacerated by the sharp shards of broken brown-eyed promises, in a world bent low by the burden of disease, war and the price of Thunderbird, who is left to make full account of God and Britain's depleted moral mini bar? Yes, it's the surprising adventures of me, Sir Digby Chicken Caesar!"

I reckon Lilley will be the best out and out goal scorer we have ever had at the club in my memory. Say the last decade that is.

Obvioulsy he aint goney break any records having given the best years of his career elsewhere. Might get close to the club goal scoring record if he plays every game this season though. That might be a bit optimistic.

12871[/snapback]

derek is a fine player, but you'd get astronomical odds on him scoring 56 times this season.

the guy below loves the boaby.

That would be 3 goals in 3 games. 1 against Midden, none against Falkirk, 2 against Gretna.

12862[/snapback]

He's got 4/5 goals in 4 starts and 2 subs (depending on whether he claimed the Jon Kennedy own goal against Witton or not)

Having never got my s*** together to a sufficient extent to get down to Greenock before Christmas I don't have a copy of afforementioned tome.

It is McGraw, isn't it? :unsure:

Between the click of the light and the start of the dream

Archived