Chris/jason - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Chris/jason

Guest se56an

Guest se56an

When Jason came on, I think the game was lifted.

I hope/pray that Chris will bring in 20+ goals this season, but after watching Jason, I feel that we have a better stricker on the bench than on the pitch

chris was baws yesterday but i've seen him have good games too so i'm hoping it was a one-off. my mate who i was with has only seen him a couple of times. he's been dire every time he's come (he was there yesterday and at the last away game at ayr when chris was particularly poor again) and he can't believe how bad he is.

i saw some flashes of brilliance. he had a nice turn in front of the st mirren goal and then shot from outside the box but it went just wide (in the first half) and he had a decent run at the defence in the second half (though he could have laid it off to lilley on his right). but mostly he was crap.

jason looked very good when he came on - he gets into positions chris can't because of his pace and he's a good finisher. chris strikes the ball very cleanly and is very skillful with the ball at his feet but he doesn't seem to be able to cope when the defender gives him no time on the ball.

in other words, i don't know. if chris continues to be disappointing it would be worth giving jason a few starts to see if he can do better.

I agree, but, give Chris the start of the match, then if isn't playing to standards then bring Jason on, where his pace against tired part time defenders will be a big asset.

f*** the Boo-Boys !

give big Chris a break.

We are Legion. We do not forgive. We do not forget. Expect us.

Guest se56an
I agree, but, give Chris the start of the match, then if isn't playing to standards then bring Jason on, where his pace against tired part time defenders will be a big asset.

f*** the Boo-Boys !

give big Chris a break.

7679[/snapback]

Am not picking on Chris, I want/pray he bangs in 20+ this season, but, but, I see a more capabile striker in Jason.

I can see the pressure on Jim McAnalliy too play Chris, but we need to understand the bigger picture and that is all about getting us to the first Div.. £100k so what, we need goals, who score em who cares, we just need em

Lilley and Jason up front for me!!!

:P

It wasn't aimed towards you Sean, it's the increasing amount of boo-boys at the games who give Chris a hard time, and for a player whos confidence must be quite low with the level of abuse he gets, the more booboys jumping on the bandwagon is never going to help.

We won yesterday yet we still had the same old arseholes giving him stick. Chris will come good i reckon, just wait untill the season starts before people critisize him.

It's a good thing Jason is fighting for his place in the team and gives us more options and better squad depth.

Guest se56an
It wasn't aimed towards you Sean, it's the increasing amount of boo-boys at the games who give Chris a hard time, and for a player whos confidence must be quite low with the level of abuse he gets, the more booboys jumping on the bandwagon is never going to help.

We won yesterday yet we still had the same old arseholes giving him stick. Chris will come good i reckon, just wait untill the season starts before people critisize him.

It's a good thing Jason is fighting for his place in the team and gives us more options and better squad depth.

7694[/snapback]

I think Chris will come good too, flashes of brilliance yesterday, pity he was out for the Alty game. But still see a few goals coming from Jason.

Good to see we have players competing for the strikers place!

i think chris is sufferring badly from lack of confidence, seen it again yesterday when he was subbed, head went down and didnt acknowladge the fans, maybe suggesting he knows he didnt play as well as he could've.

i think he needs a couple of goals to get his confidence back, once he does he'll be on fire IMO

jason came on yesterday and looked really good, troubled the defenders with his pace, did well to get one-on-one with the keeper but bad luck with the finish, and also did well to win us the penalty

he moved better than chris did and looked a better partner with lilley than chris did, lilley and jason were doing well putting the keeper and defenders under pressure, and both were good in the air too!

i dunno, i like big templeman and i've been defending him for ages now, but he needs to score goals! for his sake and for ours! im sure he will, and once he does, there will be no stopping him!!

No sympathy for the devil; keep that in mind.

Buy the ticket, take the ride...

Wasn't at the game yesterday for obvious reasons but having been at the vast majority of games last season, it came as no surprise to learn that Templeman was to say the least disappointing.

With every game that passes, it seems we chucked a huge amount of money down the toilet however that is not the fault of the player and perhaps the board need to look at their decision in signing him in the first place. I would say that had he been signed on a free or for say 10 grand, the weight of expectation and probably the criticism of him would be far less.

You can't continually defend countless poor performances by blaming it on the fans' reaction. His good games can be counted on one hand with fingers to spare & so far hasn't delivered what he was brought to Cappielow to do - score goals.

FIRST DIVISION RUNNERS UP 2012/13

Hey Man - Enough of your Stupidness

templeman is not a good or even decent player. He is a diddy and the sooner mcinally realises this, the better. Jason should be given a chance and if he doesnt take it, back to the bench as we know he san do a job for us coming off the bench. If neither chris nor jason take their chance, theres always alex :D

Season 2oo8/2oo9

St Mirren FC - Relegated From 2nd Division

Morton FC - 1st Divison Champions

As I said yesterday, Chris and Jason should both be given chances to start in competitive games, and we can go from there. At this exact moment in time, Jason's form is better, but I'm confident that Chris can also deliver the goods.

EOho8Pw.png

i disagree. chris ws given his chnace last season, and he failed to take it but we stuck with him anyway. his time is up and give someone else their chance so they might be gratefuyl enough to put a bit of effort into the game <_>

Season 2oo8/2oo9

but you cannot say that chris and jason have been given equal opportunities in the first team :huh: chris has been given chance after chance and I think jason should be given that luxury now. Also I believe that Alex should be given another opportunity as he always tried his heart out for the club unlike mr templeman :D

Season 2oo8/2oo9

i think against falkirk we have to take it quite serious and not like a friendly, just to see if the players we have in the first 11 deserve to be there.

let them play for their place.

Guest se56an

I agree, are we going to do an Alex all over again?

If Bambi doesn't start banging em in, we should forget all about the 100K and think more about getting us to the 1st Div and get Jason on!!

I thought that Chris was thrown in at the deep end last season changing from 'part' to 'fulltime' and that it would need a period of adjustment and for that reason I never criticised him.

Now after having had pre-season training (although it is reported with a hamstring problem) and having now experienced full-time training of a considerable time,

I must now say that I finally, have grave doubts about Chris goal scoring abilities.

He is so unathletic and slow that it is difficult to see how he is going to make his mark in a league where marking is so tight and space is at a premium.

At this time I think that we must start with Jason amd it is Chris's position to challenge for the starting line-up (£100,000 or not).

Archived