Can You Calculate Sound Pressure From Atmospheric Pressure? - Page 2 - General Nonsense - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Can You Calculate Sound Pressure From Atmospheric Pressure?

SramTon

Take one old and rather donwbeat tyre, which has been thoughtfully left hanging around a lamp post, by some mutant who has no idea how he even managed to get it on in the first place.

Attach to a dodgy wheel from the arse end of any one of those daft wee traps that people use to teach greyhounds to chase socks.

Inflate to 35 PSI.

Chib the aforementioned tyre using a high velocity crossbow, taken from the aforemnetioned mutant who has come looking for you cos you "pure hoovered ma tyre aff me man".

Check for understanding of sound level from the same aforementioned mutant who you have strapped to the tyre prior to experimentation.

If he starts dancing, trance like, while making noises like a bee in a coke can, you can reasonably deduce

you're hitting the bass notes, and have come up short at sub 70db.

If he starts whistling and his eyes expand, in a "back hall of Word Up I'm oot ma mallet man" manner, you can safely assume you have hit a range of around 75db to 125db.

If, after the tyre burst, and after an hour to allow him to stop hearing voices from the various collections of drugs he's really taken (horse tranquilisers, rat poison, oestregen etc) the mutant has said nothing and is strolling around asking everybody "here man, gonnae answer that phone by the way", it's fairly safe to assume that you have topped out on the sound scale.

Please note that under none of the above scenarios will the mutant be any the worse for wear, so no mutants will be harmed in the completion of the said experiment.

Mutants are widely available in the Oak Mall for the princely sum of three jellies and a 2 litre bottle of Sunny D.

Here to help,

TonInDublin

Two Uniteds but the soul is one, as the Busby Babes carry on.

Take one old and rather donwbeat tyre, which has been thoughtfully left hanging around a lamp post, by some mutant who has no idea how he even managed to get it on in the first place.

Attach to a dodgy wheel from the arse end of any one of those daft wee traps that people use to teach greyhounds to chase socks.

Inflate to 35 PSI.

Chib the aforementioned tyre using a high velocity crossbow, taken from the aforemnetioned mutant who has come looking for you cos you "pure hoovered ma tyre aff me man".

Check for understanding of sound level from the same aforementioned mutant who you have strapped to the tyre prior to experimentation.

If he starts dancing, trance like, while making noises like a bee in a coke can, you can reasonably deduce

you're hitting the bass notes, and have come up short at sub 70db.

If he starts whistling and his eyes expand, in a "back hall of Word Up I'm oot ma mallet man" manner, you can safely assume you have hit a range of around 75db to 125db.

If, after the tyre burst, and after an hour to allow him to stop hearing voices from the various collections of drugs he's really taken (horse tranquilisers, rat poison, oestregen etc) the mutant has said nothing and is strolling around asking everybody "here man, gonnae answer that phone by the way", it's fairly safe to assume that you have topped out on the sound scale.

Please note that under none of the above scenarios will the mutant be any the worse for wear, so no mutants will be harmed in the completion of the said experiment.

Mutants are widely available in the Oak Mall for the princely sum of three jellies and a 2 litre bottle of Sunny D.

Here to help,

TonInDublin

With all the other pish that goes on in here you should be rewarded for the above post.

Christianity: One woman's lie about having an affair that got seriously out of hand.

Cheers guys. I have other avenues, but wanted to make sure it wasn't a fairly simple calculation first.

Look at her riding pillions on Davy’s sea-bike, carrying an apoplectic macaw in a silver hoop. Oh, Morton, let’s go there this winter!  Or learning the Japanese chinchona from that Kobe group, in a dress that looks like a blowtorch rising from one knee, and which should sell big in Texas. Morton, is that real fire? Happy, happy little girl!

When I last had a chat with my old mate Boyle (circa 1965) he had the theory that the temperature in Inverclyde is relatively constant from one minute to the next.

Does yer up to date mate disagree ?

Away and boyle yer heid. This depends on ALL relevant conditions not just ambient temperature...Get a new mate :P.

Cheers guys. I have other avenues, but wanted to make sure it wasn't a fairly simple calculation first.

ST are you aiming to be the Inverclyde “Rainmaker” :D ?

Kindest Regards

“Man cannot make a worm, yet he will make gods by the dozenâ€

Archived