Ticketing For The Celtic Match - Page 24 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Ticketing For The Celtic Match

VaderTON

What a load of s***e. In over 20 years following Morton I've yet to hear a Morton fan use the word "feenian." You're so out of touch with reality when it comes to Morton at times it's unreal.

How many Morton-Celtic and Morton-Hibs matches have taken place in that time (Hibs to a lesser extent)?

I hadn't heard racial abuse until Marvin Andrews happened to get a game for Raith in 2007. Lone behold the pond-life found new voice.

Morton fans are in danger of developing a 'wha's like us' attitude when in reality there will very likely be bigots in the home end, and supporting the home team.

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

• Replies 479
  • Created
  • Last Reply
How many Morton-Celtic and Morton-Hibs matches have taken place in that time (Hibs to a lesser extent)?

I hadn't heard racial abuse until Marvin Andrews happened to get a game for Raith in 2007. Lone behold the pond-life found new voice.

Morton fans are in danger of developing a 'wha's like us' attitude when in reality there will very likely be bigots in the home end, and supporting the home team.

As there will be supporting the away team, some of whom are/where Morton fans. ;)

You see, the trouble with playing an establishment followed by bigots is that the alternative raises its ugly head, if it where Rangers we were playing the other sides cretins would pipe up without fail.

200px-Trollface.png

We are a MEAN diddy team!!!

SITTING ON THE FENCE!!!

make your own mind up.

"Hey!!! That tea leaf half-inched me wallet"

Yours Roobs, AKA, Harry's Orville Duck

As there will be supporting the away team, some of whom are/where Morton fans. ;)

You see, the trouble with playing an establishment followed by bigots is that the alternative raises its ugly head, if it where Rangers we were playing the other sides cretins would pipe up without fail.

Indeed, but there's also the halfwits who support Morton and indulged in racist abuse of players like Andrews. Does anyone seriously think they feel that sectarianism is beyond the pale?

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

1)Well VT if you can not control your biggoted views I suggest you stay at home and 2) a bit of " wha's like us" pride is what we are sadly lacking as fans at Cappielow these days so less of the diluting of our immaculate behaviour compared to some clubs fans please VT

If a writer of prose knows enough of what he is writing about he may omit things that he knows and the reader, if the writer is writing truly enough, will have a feeling of those things as strongly as though the writer had stated them. The dignity of movement of an ice-berg is due to only one-eighth of it being above water. A writer who omits things because he does not know them only makes hollow places in his writing.

—Ernest Hemingway

1)Well VT if you can not control your biggoted views I suggest you stay at home and 2) a bit of " wha's like us" pride is what we are sadly lacking as fans at Cappielow these days so less of the diluting of our immaculate behaviour compared to some clubs fans please VT

Aye very good. We'll sweep the troglodytes under the sound of happy-clappers 'cause we're still better than them. :rolleyes:

Indeed, but there's also the halfwits who support Morton and indulged in racist abuse of players like Andrews. Does anyone seriously think they feel that sectarianism is beyond the pale?

I think neither are acceptable but since we are playing Celtic I think the bigotry on show will remain solely in the sectarian terms.

200px-Trollface.png

SITTING ON THE FENCE!!!

make your own mind up.

My sister phoned them earlier on as she hasn't got hers yet. Apparently she didn't tick the special delivery box at the bottom when she ordered them so they haven't been sent out. Could either pay for it over the phone or go and pick them up at Cappielow.

I'd give them a phone and see what the script is with your tickets.

I went through to Cappielow in person all the way back on 9th December and paid by cash ... so I know the 'Special Delivery' box was ticked. As it happens, my brother phoned today to check up on 'em and they were (apparently) sent out yesterday so I should get them tomorrow.

"To be the man, you gotta beat the man"

morton4rp5.png

Why THe Sarcasm Just Give Me A Plain And Simple Answer.

Was only having a laugh. :blush:

I really don't think anyone will be able to stop you moving if you like.

I've heard plenty of racial abuse at Morton games over the years, no debate there and I'm not condoning it. However, I've never heard any abuse using the word feenian, which is what my gripe with port ton is about.

"CORNBEEF IS A BELLEND"

Was only having a laugh. :blush:

I really don't think anyone will be able to stop you moving if you like.

I've heard plenty of racial abuse at Morton games over the years, no debate there and I'm not condoning it. However, I've never heard any abuse using the word feenian, which is what my gripe with port ton is about.

I will be utterly astounded if that word is not used more than a few times when we play Cellic! <_>

First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then they pretend to befriend you, then you win!

YER BARD

I will be utterly astounded if that word is not used more than a few times when we play Cellic! <_>

By Morton fans? Not a chance, imo. I was stood right at the fence last time we met and although there was some pretty shocking abuse dished out, that word was never used. NOT that it makes the rest ok.

"CORNBEEF IS A BELLEND"

I called Sick Mick a feenian in a text yesterday, that count? ^_^

seor-gif-shut-up-and-take-my-money.gif

By Morton fans? Not a chance, imo. I was stood right at the fence last time we met and although there was some pretty shocking abuse dished out, that word was never used. NOT that it makes the rest ok.

And there's the rub - eh!

What is the definition of a 'Morton fan', or perhaps I should say 'How long is a piece of string'?

First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then they pretend to befriend you, then you win!

YER BARD

I have on numerous occasions heard Morton fans using the word **** as well as orange bassas when playing the other half of the mob. I was also at the fence last time and heard it more than a few times during the match.

200px-Trollface.png

SITTING ON THE FENCE!!!

make your own mind up.

I have on numerous occasions heard Morton fans using the word **** as well as orange bassas when playing the other half of the mob. I was also at the fence last time and heard it more than a few times during the match.

Well, that's my arguement blown out the water then. :(

I thought our support was above that, or are you referring to the Tommy Two Scarf element? Who I don't class as Ton fans anwway. ^_^

"CORNBEEF IS A BELLEND"

Well, that's my arguement blown out the water then. :(

I thought our support was above that, or are you referring to the Tommy Two Scarf element? Who I don't class as Ton fans anwway. ^_^

:lol:

I'm confused by all this. I'm assuming that 'true' Ton fans are expected to launch all manner of foul mouthed abuse at innocent wee souls from Pishley - in fact noising up the opposition seems to be accepted as part of football those days, so what's wrong with saying 'nasty' things about them Tyms or Hunnes? :unsure:

YER BARD

:lol:

I'm confused by all this. I'm assuming that 'true' Ton fans are expected to launch all manner of foul mouthed abuse at innocent wee souls from Pishley - in fact noising up the opposition seems to be accepted as part of football those days, so what's wrong with saying 'nasty' things about them Tyms or Hunnes? :unsure:

Oh, c'mon.....you can't tell me calling some a Paisley **** is even in the same ballpark as a feenian ****? :rolleyes:

"CORNBEEF IS A BELLEND"

Oh, c'mon.....you can't tell me calling some a Paisley **** is even in the same ballpark as a feenian ****? :rolleyes:

It's all about opinions. To assume that somebody is worthy of derision just because he comes from a particular town is certainly worse in my eyes than berating the Old Firm!

YER BARD

Archived