Royal Bank Of Scotland - Page 2 - General Nonsense - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Royal Bank Of Scotland

Guest Robert the Bruce

Manage your finances in the right manner and you wont get charges, simple as that!

its like having two thorntons :lol:

"Boy, I got vision, and the rest of the world wears bifocals."

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If I remember correctly they are legally supposed to reply within 40days. I have let it slip because lots of other matters to deal with. I think they hope by ignoring you they will wear you down :(

You are so right MJ :)

it is 40 days. i'd get on the phone to them if i were you.

the guy below loves the boaby.

sent a letter to B of S in March, received a reply today from them, but only details of charges from 2004 - 2006, anything prior to 2004 is archived, worked out that i am owed in the region of £1300 from those two years and that aint including interest. giving them a call tomorrow to tell them to get their fingers oot their A**E and pay my dosh cos im away to dublin in three weeks

archived? what a load of baws. they are legally compelled to supply this information to you within 40 days of request.

what a crappy excuse. i'd be kicking up s*** over that if i were you.

Just checked, it was 13th March, Bank of Scotland. :(

They rec'd my request on 2nd March and I've still heard nowt.

If I remember correctly they are legally supposed to reply within 40days. I have let it slip because lots of other matters to deal with. I think they hope by ignoring you they will wear you down :(

You are so right MJ :)

It's 40 BANK WORKING DAYS.

There's been loads in May :(

sent a letter to B of S in March, received a reply today from them, but only details of charges from 2004 - 2006, anything prior to 2004 is archived

When in March did you send off ??

Lloyds TSB done the same to a guy in my work.

Some sing of Celtic, Rangers

And some of Motherwell

Of Hibs and Partick Thistle

And other teams as well

But of all the famous football teams

There’s one that they’ve forgotten

With a Ra Ra Ra and a Cha Cha Cha

IT’S THE FAMOUS GREENOCK MORTON

sent a letter to B of S in March, received a reply today from them, but only details of charges from 2004 - 2006, anything prior to 2004 is archived, worked out that i am owed in the region of £1300 from those two years and that aint including interest. giving them a call tomorrow to tell them to get their fingers oot their A**E and pay my dosh cos im away to dublin in three weeks

Good luck hope you get every penny ;)

DONT ABUSE YOUR FRIENDS AND EXPECT THEM TO CONSIDER IT CRITICISM

THERE ARE ONLY TWO RACES ON THIS PLANET - THE INTELLIGENT AND THE STUPID

I am going to phone tomorrow...I hate calling these centres, so frustrating :(

They're allowed up to FIFTY BANK WORKING days to pay out :angry:

And some of Motherwell

And other teams as well

They're allowed up to FIFTY BANK WORKING days to pay out :angry:

Why the face...you a Banker? :unsure:

I am going to phone tomorrow...I hate calling these centres, so frustrating :(

explain why you're calling and the guy in the call centre should transfer you to your branch. if he doesn't, insist on it. also, use this website;

geographical numbers

to get a non-0870 regular rate number. unless you're with the clydesdale, in which case the phone number for west blackhall street is 01475 726316.

explain why you're calling and the guy in the call centre should transfer you to your branch. if he doesn't, insist on it. also, use this website;

geographical numbers

to get a non-0870 regular rate number. unless you're with the clydesdale, in which case the phone number for west blackhall street is 01475 726316.

Thank you, will let you know how I get on :)

As a bank employee, I will not say which bank as I like my job and have a mortgage to pay. You are all bleating on about how hard done to you are, may I say first that I agree that charges are excessive and in MANY cases result in exacerbating someone's already "on the edge" financial situation. For you all to be shouting "poor me" makes me boak, you all KNEW when you had transacted on the account, you all SHOULD HAVE KNOWN, whether there were sufficient funds to meet the cost of you transaction, a bank is a business like any other and is there to make money, is it legal, possibly/possibly not, will it change, most likely. So when charges do reflect the costs involved on a more realistic level, will it stop people moaning and DEMANDING them back as if it's the banks fault YOU can't organise your finances properly, for God's sake there is 24/7 banking now, absolutely no excuse for not knowing what's in your account, and for anyone who posts on this board and doesn't use internet banking, SHAME ON YOU, it's not like you don't have access to a PC.

to sum up - Yes, I have a biased opinion, Yes I was honest enough to admit fault with bank charges, are YOU honest enough to admit that on most occasions bank charges occur as a result of your failure to properly manage your accounts? I suspect not.

Another couple of points, Mortonjag to compare Bank Charges to such an act of utter violence as Rape, you should be ashamed, God forbid you or a loved one should ever become victim of such an act, you will then see the folly in your similie.

And Loyal lass, I assume from your comment about Ill trained staff that you're not speaking to the right person when you enquire, as I can assure you that the bank I work for allow specially trained complaint handlers to deal with each case, and do you really expect that a teller will turn round and say "okay, that fine Miss, I shall just refund every charge you've had for the last 6 years that weren't a result of bank error", is that what you expect, no wonder you're disappointed with the service you get, and presumably the job that you do, you are the best at, meaning that you can be critical of a job you neither want or, I suspect, are not good enough to do. Which Burger King is it you work in exactly?

SC

BRING BACK PHIL CANNIE!!!!...... Burger King isn't the same without him!

Why the face...you a Banker? :unsure:

What did you call me :P

No, I also have a claim in.

The face was due to the length of time it's going to take to get the money refunded.

And some of Motherwell

And other teams as well

As a bank employee, I will not say which bank as I like my job and have a mortgage to pay. You are all bleating on about how hard done to you are, may I say first that I agree that charges are excessive and in MANY cases result in exacerbating someone's already "on the edge" financial situation. For you all to be shouting "poor me" makes me boak, you all KNEW when you had transacted on the account, you all SHOULD HAVE KNOWN, whether there were sufficient funds to meet the cost of you transaction, a bank is a business like any other and is there to make money, is it legal, possibly/possibly not, will it change, most likely. So when charges do reflect the costs involved on a more realistic level, will it stop people moaning and DEMANDING them back as if it's the banks fault YOU can't organise your finances properly, for God's sake there is 24/7 banking now, absolutely no excuse for not knowing what's in your account, and for anyone who posts on this board and doesn't use internet banking, SHAME ON YOU, it's not like you don't have access to a PC.

to sum up - Yes, I have a biased opinion, Yes I was honest enough to admit fault with bank charges, are YOU honest enough to admit that on most occasions bank charges occur as a result of your failure to properly manage your accounts? I suspect not.

Another couple of points, Mortonjag to compare Bank Charges to such an act of utter violence as Rape, you should be ashamed, God forbid you or a loved one should ever become victim of such an act, you will then see the folly in your similie.

And Loyal lass, I assume from your comment about Ill trained staff that you're not speaking to the right person when you enquire, as I can assure you that the bank I work for allow specially trained complaint handlers to deal with each case, and do you really expect that a teller will turn round and say "okay, that fine Miss, I shall just refund every charge you've had for the last 6 years that weren't a result of bank error", is that what you expect, no wonder you're disappointed with the service you get, and presumably the job that you do, you are the best at, meaning that you can be critical of a job you neither want or, I suspect, are not good enough to do. Which Burger King is it you work in exactly?

SC

bank of scotland trained you well

SC

who's saying 'poor me'? we're talking about reclaiming illegal charges. i'd call them immoral as well, but the illegality is what matters.

you didn't need to tell us you work in a bank, by the way. your attitude is unmistakably bank-like. that last sentence was almost clydesdalesque in its arrogance.

Just a tad melodramatic dont you think dear....put away your Thesaurus, be a good banker ;)

to sum up - Yes, I have a biased opinion, Yes I was honest enough to admit fault with bank charges, are YOU honest enough to admit that on most occasions bank charges occur as a result of your stfailure to properly manage your accounts? I suspect not.

SC

Sticks and stones :blink: :blink: :lol:

You're a funny call centre person :lol: :lol: :lol: and a pillock, the point is the charges are illegal and excessive, cant you read. :rolleyes:

Guest Robert the Bruce

SC

Has the bank brainwashed you? f***ing tit.

Has the bank brainwashed you? f***ing tit.

What's the chances that the wages are better in Burger King :)

Archived