Morton Related Fund Raiser. - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Morton Related Fund Raiser.

Andy M

Following on from the success of last season's away webcasts (over £600 profits), we intend to do the same next season, but better.

1. We will improve the sound quality of the away webcasts to that of the current home webcasts.

This will mean an increase in costs, but with sponsorship of each match this should not present a problem.

2. We will still be supporting the GMST throughout the season, but also want to support other projects.

We are therefore looking for suggestions as to what would be an appropriate fund(s) to support.

Please add any suggestions below, bearing in mind that it should be Morton related and should benefit the fans.

Last season we supported the Disabled Ramp Fund - we are looking for something similar.

We are also looking for sponsors who will take on the costs of providing the webcasts.

We will therefore make a list of the matches to be covered and invite people/organisations to "Sponsor a Match".

Please add your suggestions to this thread.

Decisions will be made and notified on this thread on 31st May 2008.

With thanks to everyone who took part last season,

Andy M.

**** Note to admin - could you please pin this thread and keep it open ****

If things don't change, they'll stay the way they are.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply
What would be the cost to sponsor I have never used the service due to going to the game however realise that for many it is an invaluable service.

And would be happy to assist.

The costs have not been fully worked out yet on a per match basis, but I would like to think at this stage that £10 would cover the cost of each match. We will therefore accept a tenner or more per match. We will also accept multiple sponsors for each match and give appropriate recognition for each sponsor.

- Does donations to youth equipment / strips etc count as beneficial to fans?

- What about subsidised travel to an away game? Or would that cost the webcast money as everyone would be travelling to the game...?!

What Carew can do with a ball, I can do with an orange

- Does donations to youth equipment / strips etc count as beneficial to fans?

This is exactly the kind of thing we are looking for.

- What about subsidised travel to an away game? Or would that cost the webcast money as everyone would be travelling to the game...?!

I don't think this would really hit the profits much as the webcast is primarily for out-of-towners who cannot attend. As to whether or not it would be a worthwhile cause, I'm not so sure.

Keep the suggestions coming.

Can we have cushions for the seats in Cappielow, for those of us who have a delicate bum. Preferably with pink or maybe blue frills around it? :rolleyes:

You can have cream tea and scones if you sponsor a webcast !!

PS - I'm practicing my @rsehole McPherchieson style commentary for next season ..... WoooooooooFFFFFFFF

The costs have not been fully worked out yet on a per match basis, but I would like to think at this stage that £10 would cover the cost of each match. We will therefore accept a tenner or more per match. We will also accept multiple sponsors for each match and give appropriate recognition for each sponsor.

Andy, I would sponser at least one match during the season. Just PM me with details etc.

You can have cream tea and scones if you sponsor a webcast !!

PS - I'm practicing my @rsehole McPherchieson style commentary for next season ..... WoooooooooFFFFFFFF

Also you need to know the other famous McPhersonism "Swept awwwwwaaaaay" :lol:

If you have a problem with me, text me. If you dont have my number then you don't know me well enough to have a problem with me.

Oh yes please! He is my absolute dream bloke. Although, everybody else will probably want a heavy discount…… :D

Oh yes please! He is my absolute dream bloke. Although, everybody else will probably want a heavy discount…… :D

If I have to do that then you can kiss the cream tea and scones goodbye!

Definately no discounts - the minimum fee will still be a quid. Some have said that we should increase it to 2 quid, but we don't want to discourage anyone from being a part of it.

Any more suggestions for good causes to donate to? So far Edinton has come up with the only suggestion.

Maybe take profits from next season and sponsor a players shirt, and raffle it off with everyone who uses the webcasts name put into a hat at the end of the season to receive the autographed shirt?

I got the bit about the shirt and then lost it.... but yes ... another good idea.

You sponsor a shirt...at the end of the season you receive a signed shirt...then everyone who participates in the webcast over the season has their name put into a hat for the chance to receive the shirt.... :blink:

I think there is a good idea in here somewhere .. but explain it to me in idiot terms please.

1. Who sponsors the shirt?

2. Do we then give it away?

Basically, I cant see how this makes money.

Andy, I would sponser at least one match during the season. Just PM me with details etc.

Also you need to know the other famous McPhersonism "Swept awwwwwaaaaay" :lol:

dont you mean "Swept awwwwwwa a a a a y ?

might not be good idea to give to pro youth at Morton as might not be any ? also they dont seem to know why kit wasnt provided when last cheque was for £2000 from trust ? :blink:

• 4 weeks later...

What about using the funds to bring disadvantaged / disabled kids for a day out at Cappielow to see a game? Say Quarriers or something. Hire a minibus and pay them in, bag of millions or souvenir. I'm sure for something like that the club would assist especially if they weren't contributing much (ie the funds from the webcast pays for it).

FIRST DIVISION RUNNERS UP 2012/13

Hey Man - Enough of your Stupidness

Guest midTONs
What about using the funds to bring disadvantaged / disabled kids for a day out at Cappielow to see a game? Say Quarriers or something. Hire a minibus and pay them in, bag of millions or souvenir. I'm sure for something like that the club would assist especially if they weren't contributing much (ie the funds from the webcast pays for it).

Now that's more like it. Good shout.

Archived