11th May 1985 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

11th May 1985

Dreadful,dreadful day for the people of Bradford.Many on here may not realise that events at Bradford were the catalyst for many of the changes to sports stadia over the years.Will never forget the sight that met my eyes on the football programs that day.

"It is well enough that people of the nation do not understand

our banking and monetary system, for if they did,

I believe there would be a revolution before tomorrow morning."

Henry Ford

Had to watch some footage of that terrible day as part of a course I had to take for work, some of the images that were never actually broadcast still haunt me!!

R.I.P.

RIP New Order...

Remember we had a home game that day. Lovely sunny day and as I was walking home I had my Walkman on trying to get the scores when all they were talking about was the fire. I rushed home to see it on Grandstand. Never forget that day.

RIP. You will never be forgotten.

If you have a problem with me, text me. If you dont have my number then you don't know me well enough to have a problem with me.

I remember hearing about it after leaving our last game of the season against Aberdeen.

It was supposed to be a day of happiness for Bradford following their success on the park, instead it was a tragedy.

RIP

I'd love to have you both for dinner

I would have been 3 years old at the time so don't remember when it happened. Although when I worked as a steward, part of our induction was to watch the Bradford fire to show how dangerous a small bin fire could spread and also having exit gates that were padlocked shut.

RIP.

Archived