Alex Williams - Page 2 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Alex Williams

I don't think Derek Collins is a saint but he did a hell of a lot for the club on and off the park and he will go down in history as the man with the most appearances for Morton. So what if he kissed the Hibs badge - wasn't this more of a gesture against a certain person who was at Morton at the time. If he hated the club/fans he wouldn't have come back and got involved in a lot of off-the-field stuff. I'm still not sure why a sizeable portion of fans have a vendetta against him and yet someone like Warren Hawke is hailed a legend (no harm intended to Hawke, but this "legend" stuff always seemed a bit OTT).

And while we're talking about people loving the club, and to put this thread back on topic, how about all of the Morton fans who were (and seemingly still are) suckered in by Williams because he'd run around like a headless chicken for ninety minutes, claiming that this showed his devotion to club. This has probably got him more backing from fans than anything else.

Guest midTONs

Cannot speak for others but my slant on the Williams saga was whilst he was a Morton player I backed him, I would have preferred him to stay and fight for his place but that's my opinion and I'm entitled to it. He has gone now, he is no longer a Morton player but I wish him luck in the future. I will add on Derek I was not fooled by his love for our club but I backed him when he played in a Morton jersey and I wished him luck when he moved on.

I will also back McCluskey if he ever pulls the Morton jersey on again, but somehow I don't think that will happen.

Archived