Derek Lilley - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Derek Lilley

Lilley was slightly lucky I thought, he tried a tame "stick the head" on Collins number and had the ref seen it he would have been off. Surprised the linesman never seen it as he was right on the scene.

12465[/snapback]

he did.

"Boy, I got vision, and the rest of the world wears bifocals."

Lilley was slightly lucky I thought, he tried a tame "stick the head" on Collins number and had the ref seen it he would have been off. Surprised the linesman never seen it as he was right on the scene.

12465[/snapback]

Didn't see the incident but if this is true then both linesmen were crap today. The linesman running the line on side the shed was useless with his offside decisions. How many times did he give offside when the player who was in an offside position was nowhere near the ball. I thought the rule was now your only offside if your are in an offside position and interfering with play?

Didn't see the incident but if this is true then both linesmen were crap today. The linesman running the line on side the shed was useless with his offside decisions. How many times did he give offside when the player who was in an offside position was nowhere near the ball. I thought the rule was now your only offside if your are in an offside position and interfering with play?

12476[/snapback]

the stand side one, was Tuesdays ref :unsure:

the stand side one, was Tuesdays ref  :unsure:

12482[/snapback]

He wasn't. It was a different referee. They all look the same though :)

I found the whole Lilley/Collins situation a bit confusing as the referee should have stopped play as soon as Lilley kicked the ball right at Collins, from that moment you could see it was about to blow up.

I agree though, the stand side assistant should have done more.

He wasn't. It was a different referee. They all look the same though :)

I found the whole Lilley/Collins situation a bit confusing as the referee should have stopped play as soon as Lilley kicked the ball right at Collins, from that moment you could see it was about to blow up.

I agree though, the stand side assistant should have done more.

12534[/snapback]

he was :D i think :unsure:

Was anyone else annoyed at the fact that McLaren got booked today for trying to break up a fight and Lilley didn't even admit that it was him that was involved? I didn't think this was very fair.

12458[/snapback]

whit are you on? if a referee was to allow players who admit culpability for a foul or whatever to change his decision, no-one would ever get suspended.

granted though, the referee and linesmen were absolutely crap today.

the guy below loves the boaby.

I wasn't impressed with Lilley's niggling and in particular the altercation with Collins. There were other petulant moments in the second half where he swung a kick at the Gretna defender which if seen would have resulted in a sending off. I hope he doesn't continue the petulant trend. His off the ball antics weren't right, but his football was great! :D

� The Fire Breathing Morton Guy - I'm not Pat!

Surprised that Lilley and Collins got involved, two of the most experienced guys on the park.

We all know McLaren has a bit of a temper on him and perhaps put up with it a bit more but there's no real need for anyone to get involved at this stage in the season (or any stage in the season for that matter).

I suppose you can forgive a sending off for a last ditch tackle to save a goal or a couple of mis timed lunges but would have been raging if Lilley had got sent off for that today, and would have probably got a 2 or 3 match ban.

Guest se56an

I saw what happened, and it was clearly Collins fault.

Lilley only re-acted to the situation, after being hit by Collin's. Think Collins was still licking wounds at being abused from the cowshed.

Collins showed his experience by walking away after the ref got involved and got off scot free!! <_<

Lilley was raging, because Collins swung an elbow at him, he reacted by booting the ball off him, then he went head to head with Collins, which was all witnessed by the standside linesman, how both them got off with it I'll never know!

Guest se56an
Lilley was raging, because Collins swung an elbow at him, he reacted by booting the ball off him, then he went head to head with Collins, which was all witnessed by the standside linesman, how both them got off with it I'll never know!

12664[/snapback]

As I said, clearly Collin's fault.

Archived