St Mirren Scouts. - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

St Mirren Scouts.

Mags

Heard they were down at the YAC sevens this week and spoke to a few of the boys after the games.

The last thing we need is any decent talent heading to paisley !!! :angry:

Has anyone herad anything about this ?

Mags.

Blessings....not just for the one's who kneel....luckily.

As far as i am aware joe mclaughlin keeps a keen interest over the local kids. This includes the YAC, a link that had been broken with but one in which he personally fixed.

If there are any promising people i'm sure he'd be first to know of them

I think the Skunks have got their clutches on some local boys already.I was travelling to Wemyss Bay from glasgow last week and waiting at Port Glasgow station were 2 boys dressed up in Skunk gear, obviously heading up to Pishley for training....

I think the lure of training with a professional club would be pretty hard to resist,even if you are from Inverclyde and the Skunks want you (assuming you are a Morton fan).I suppose it could just as easily work the other way, was Paddy Flannery not from Paisley or thereabouts?

Why waste so much time going to paisley when he could go to the Battery Park on a Sunday morning where he would see some great young local talent on display.

This time last year,13 boys left First Touch Football Coaching....6 went to Kilmarnock,

this year another 2 boys have joined the youth set up at Rugby Park.

Personally,I don`t think Morton are doing enough to get some of these boys on board.

Mags.

ps.Yes Doddie,Craig Molloy does play for St Mirren.

Blessings....not just for the one's who kneel....luckily.

Archived