Warner Goes Too Far - General Nonsense - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Warner Goes Too Far

Rasta Ton

David Warner, Aussie batsman, has admitted he went too far in slagging off England's Jonathon Trott who took a turn and has returned home with a stress related illness.  There are some on this board and inside Cappielow who'd do well to take stock and think too.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/cricket/25089317

FIRST DIVISION RUNNERS UP 2012/13

Hey Man - Enough of your Stupidness

Guest David Edwards

Aye, just what you'd expect from a pansy cricket player :D. We're all macho and thick skinned on this messageboard. There's something thick about us, that's for sure.

• 1 month later...

I don't think Trott's illness is to do with the sledging from Warner, remember that Warner got it tight from The English last summer. Alistair Cook is right in saying it's banter and that's all it is.

Banter is over-rated.

Why is some people being a wanker construed as 'banter' whenever for others it is construed as 'being a wanker'?

*insert signature here*

Banter is over-rated.

Why is some people being a w*nker construed as 'banter' whenever for others it is construed as 'being a w*nker'?

I agree that a lot of people hide behind banter. Many a prejudice is hidden in this way.

So long as it happens during the game it's fine. If someone started doing it in a pub they'd probably end up getting battered. 

MARTY OUT!!!!!

Warner said, "the way trotty got put out today was pretty poor and weak". The media then turns this into an attack on trott's character, which is poor in itself. He seems to have got less criticism when he battered the batsman in he pub last year.maybe that was a bit of banter but it seems the press are pretty choosy about when to get their knickers in a twist.

He probably does but I'm sure I speak for most when I say he was an insufferable knobhead.  

I concur.  However, it took the overwhelming majority on this messageboard around a decade to figure that one out. 

However, I suppose you are like a NewTon in reverse.  After all this time we are only starting to like you nowadays. 

:)

*insert signature here*

I concur.  However, it took the overwhelming majority on this messageboard around a decade to figure that one out. 

However, I suppose you are like a NewTon in reverse.  After all this time we are only starting to like you nowadays. 

:)

I say this with the greatest respect, I couldn't care less. :D  

MARTY OUT!!!!!

I say this with the greatest respect, I couldn't care less. :D  

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Y'see folks, that is charisma.  Why was there never acres of pages in the Melody Maker dedicated to this man? 

Instead we suffered every Pot-Noodle munching crusty twat from Camden for years on end. 

Watch and learn....

*insert signature here*

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Y'see folks, that is charisma.  Why was there never acres of pages in the Melody Maker dedicated to this man? 

Instead we suffered every Pot-Noodle munching crusty t*** from Camden for years on end. 

Watch and learn....

I love pot noodles and I'm most certainly a crusty t***. On the other hand I've never written for Meloldy Maker, so maybe there's hope for me yet. 

Archived