Where Has - Page 4 - General Football & Other Sports - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Where Has

Funnily enough Toozo, I often think that Hugh Scott would occasionally have a wee sniff around these messageboards just for curiosity sake, and given the way that the GMST had self imploded in recent times and the way that some of the (now former) GMST board members had conducted themselves, he'd be laughing his head off right now.

I think I recall the comment you referred to on the now deleted thread, which was made by Scott Gillan which stated that they wanted to be at the table of any future creditors meeting. A real dubious aim if you ask me. <_>

Probably posts on here...just to stir the s*** mind. ;)

Not sure who made it, and I don't think it was just by one person, but this sprung to mind.

frazer.jpg

200px-Trollface.png

We are a MEAN diddy team!!!

SITTING ON THE FENCE!!!

make your own mind up.

"Hey!!! That tea leaf half-inched me wallet"

Yours Roobs, AKA, Harry's Orville Duck

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

79 threads - is that like 21 inch bell bottom flares and pink floyd t-shirts v jam/clash t-shirts wi skinny jeans, I can see how the mods intervene and try block it. All the music and fashion were changing so they were under threat. Can i start a vespa sportique thread? Me, I wasn't there, not overly bothered either about people wanting to be self important you can all feed of the scraps if you want but i aint vicky pollard bothered. When it comes to following a football team, I am interested in the fans view of the future of Morton but arguments about this and that money went there, this moneys doing this, this youth set up is wrong etc.. is small change. 2 big questions for me will we gamble getting the ground spl standard? and what happens to the soft loans when dougie dies.

I enjoyed the responses, not the political pish. Why couldn't the mods delete the bad posts within reason? Seems sensible to me.

Remember The Alamo --- MORTON 5 THE MIDDEN BUT 1

• 4 weeks later...

Is the 'Trust' thread still pulled? TiD said he was making some 'adjustments' and that it would be put back up again.

I would have thought we would have an update on the progress of pulling together the travel clubs etc??

200px-Trollface.png

SITTING ON THE FENCE!!!

make your own mind up.

Scott,

I dont want to ask any questions to you or any other GMST board member, however as GMST are using the name of Greenock Morton for trading and fundraising purposes and the original thread (the one deleted) was debating the future and the way ahead for the GMST, this forum here is as relevant a place as any, probably even moreso as an outlet for debate amongst the Morton public. Therefore deleting things which aren't to the liking of the GMST board members and telling people to join a GMST forum if they wish to discuss the GMST is simply wrong.

This is allegedly an "Unofficial" messageboard for the Morton public, this should be the place where ordinary punters should go to debate amongst themselves without fear of censure because their opinion doesn't toe the party line.

Y'see, ManchesterTon went on like that for about a year or so before giving up the ghost. If Morton supporters can feel bitter towards Sandy Clark for something that happened over quarter of a century ago, then a shambolic organisation who managed to **** up a well subscribed event, losing money and behaving in an indignant manner in the process will struggle to regain any credibility amongst many folk i'm afraid.

I haven't posted on this subject before, however, I have never understood why anything to do with the Trust should not be discussed on here. The Trust is the club's second biggest shareholder and therefore anything to do with it is fair game. In fact as a Trust board member since the beginning I think it is outrageous that anything to do with the Trust is censored on this forum. I have never agreed with that nor with mods banning anyone for discussing anything to do with the Trust. I can just about understand the idea of something being "sub judice" but frankly I think TiDs policy has gone way beyond that. While the Trust forum is uniquely for Trust related issues, that in no way should prevent any Morton supporter raising any issue on here. I am not aware of the Trust board as a policy ever trying to do that, and if individuals have done it then it was their personal choice and I think it was wrong. If we can't face up to and answer honest criricism from the Morton support then we don't deserve to succeed...........................FT

Is the 'Trust' thread still pulled? TiD said he was making some 'adjustments' and that it would be put back up again.

I would have thought we would have an update on the progress of pulling together the travel clubs etc??

There is no update. The meeting was abandoned as some of the clubs forgot to turn up. I believe the plan is to reschedule it when there will be a better turnout........................FT

79 threads - is that like 21 inch bell bottom flares and pink floyd t-shirts v jam/clash t-shirts wi skinny jeans, I can see how the mods intervene and try block it. All the music and fashion were changing so they were under threat. Can i start a vespa sportique thread? Me, I wasn't there, not overly bothered either about people wanting to be self important you can all feed of the scraps if you want but i aint vicky pollard bothered. When it comes to following a football team, I am interested in the fans view of the future of Morton but arguments about this and that money went there, this moneys doing this, this youth set up is wrong etc.. is small change. 2 big questions for me will we gamble getting the ground spl standard? and what happens to the soft loans when dougie dies.I enjoyed the responses, not the political pish. Why couldn't the mods delete the bad posts within reason? Seems sensible to me.

Excellent questions and it would be great if more people started to think about them................FT

There is no update. The meeting was abandoned as some of the clubs forgot to turn up. I believe the plan is to reschedule it when there will be a better turnout........................FT

Forgot :unsure: how many forgot?

Excellent questions and it would be great if more people started to think about them................FT

I know a fair few who have been worried for years about the consequences of life after dougie.

But i do agree with the other points you made in the other reply to capitanus. the thread currently hidden was started in good faith but got out of hand (and i don't exclude myself from that aspect). The stars stuff should have stayed well out of it, and all that goes with it, but some thought it apt to use it as an indirect way of replying to a non poster.

Aside from that and considering the original threads purpose all things trust should be discussed on here. There has been no doubt a siege mentality at times, and I’m not deriding that, but it did no favours.

In my mind the trust need to change, they need to have a wider representation of fans with travel clubs onboard but not necessarily be the single driving force as i believe that in itself could cause division.

200px-Trollface.png

SITTING ON THE FENCE!!!

make your own mind up.

I would expect most of us do hold these questions as the most crucial to be answered but we are also aware of DDFR's lack of info when it comes to the details.

I know a fair few who have been worried for years about the consequences of life after dougie.

But i do agree with the other points you made in the other reply to capitanus. the thread currently hidden was started in good faith but got out of hand (and i don't exclude myself from that aspect). The stars stuff should have stayed well out of it, and all that goes with it, but some thought it apt to use it as an indirect way of replying to a non poster.

Aside from that and considering the original threads purpose all things trust should be discussed on here. There has been no doubt a siege mentality at times, and I’m not deriding that, but it did no favours.

In my mind the trust need to change, they need to have a wider representation of fans with travel clubs onboard but not necessarily be the single driving force as i believe that in itself could cause division.

Why don't you just go bowling with each other and discuss it then? :unsure:

pen.jpg

At least two I think .....................FT

As you know the Trust board is trying to get involved with the travel clubs, however, that in itself may not solve the problem. Maybe it's time to try to involve the whole Morton support in getting the answer to key questions..............................Ft

B)-->

QUOTE(C B @ Oct 24 2011, 09:19 PM) 835059[/snapback]
Why don't you just go bowling with each other and discuss it then? :unsure:

:unsure:

200px-Trollface.png

SITTING ON THE FENCE!!!

make your own mind up.

Guest David Edwards
I refer the honourable gentleman to the answer I gave a few moments ago..........................FT

Was the question of my loan note refund raised at a Trust meeting? If so, when was that meeting?

Guest David Edwards
At least two I think .....................FT

As you know the Trust board is trying to get involved with the travel clubs, however, that in itself may not solve the problem. Maybe it's time to try to involve the whole Morton support in getting the answer to key questions..............................Ft

It should be patently obvious by now that it will not solve the problem. If the Trust wants to be representative of the Morton support, it must first engage with the Morton support, the vast majority of which are not members of GMSC or the various travel organisations.

Archived