Policing Costs - Page 2 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Policing Costs

HMS Willow

As en ex-steward do you think this could lead to more trouble at Scapa, or should I say is it going to make a stewards job much more difficult knowing they don't have the boys in blue as back up a few yards away :unsure:

I'd see it as being easier for stewards. Under SIA guidelines they'll have more chucking out squads.

They will have overall control acting on and behalf of the club. They make the call on who enters the premises and who is leaving. As long as they get you out the door on to the street then job done. Once out the stadium it's down to the Polis.

In the ground, if a steward goes hands on yir getting papped. If the Polis go hands on yir getting the pokey.

Before each match the club, council and Police will have a natter and decide which risk the next poses. If its deemed a dodgy one, there will be Polis.

Tory or Labour - both would have slashed the Scottish block grant. The cuts are actually Labour cuts with a Tory increase in the amount of the cuts of about 50%.

We don't need anything like the number of police that show up for our home games.

Visit the east of Scotland, Police very thin on the ground, when I visited Cowdenbeath, I never saw a cop,

only a couple of stewards and the spectators mixed; they must have a different policy.

We only need the extra police when St Mirren come to town to deal with the neds of both sides.

Foobs :ph34r:

Tory or Labour - both would have slashed the Scottish block grant. The cuts are actually Labour cuts with a Tory increase in the amount of the cuts of about 50%.

We don't need anything like the number of police that show up for our home games.

Visit the east of Scotland, Police very thin on the ground, when I visited Cowdenbeath, I never saw a cop,

only a couple of stewards and the spectators mixed; they must have a different policy.

We only need the extra police when St Mirren come to town to deal with the neds of both sides.

Foobs :ph34r:

At the end of the day stewards are powerless, if you do something they don't like or if they ask you to do something and you refuse there's nowt they can do whereas previously they'd have called a police officer over.

Not sure on this one but can stewards search you at the turnstyles ??

If not you could easily sneak in dink, drugs, weapons or whatever.

Fingers crossed it all works out.

You could argue the same with nightclubs to be honest you will have a Police presence in and around the locations of clubs and they will enter routinely but they would never have a full night locus in a club, that said alcohol licensing legislation would differ from a football match.

Ultimately football clubs have rarely paid the going price for the presence they receive at games and given the current economy and Police approach its no surprise that this is now happening.

WHEREVER IT TAKES US- WHATEVER IT TAKES

Should be interesting to see how it works out.

I wonder how much the cost saving will approximately be :unsure:

Some sing of Celtic, Rangers

And some of Motherwell

Of Hibs and Partick Thistle

And other teams as well

But of all the famous football teams

There’s one that they’ve forgotten

With a Ra Ra Ra and a Cha Cha Cha

IT’S THE FAMOUS GREENOCK MORTON

I think it is ridiculous that stewards have the right to perform pat down searches, it's bad enough a police officer invading my privacy for little good reason let alone a steward, are there sufficient vetting procedures in place?

I was once subjected to a pat down search at Dens Park for no reason whatsoever and found it very intrusive, next game I went up all set to refuse any steward permission to search me, but nobody tried.

Blooming civil rights invading nonsense.

I think it is ridiculous that stewards have the right to perform pat down searches, it's bad enough a police officer invading my privacy for little good reason let alone a steward, are there sufficient vetting procedures in place?

I was once subjected to a pat down search at Dens Park for no reason whatsoever and found it very intrusive, next game I went up all set to refuse any steward permission to search me, but nobody tried.

So what if you get stabbed in a football ground? Would you blame the police and stewards for not searching the offender for offensive weapons?

So what if you get stabbed in a football ground? Would you blame the police and stewards for not searching the offender for offensive weapons?

No, what if I get boiling hot bovril thrown in my face or thrown to the ground and kicked in the head?

This isn't such a good scenario at all. I could get stabbed walking down the street, doesn't mean the police or stewards should be searching everyone on the streets, what a horrible world that would be.

No, what if I get boiling hot bovril thrown in my face or thrown to the ground and kicked in the head?

This isn't such a good scenario at all. I could get stabbed walking down the street, doesn't mean the police or stewards should be searching everyone on the streets, what a horrible world that would be.

You should write a sitcom, it would be feckin' awesome!!! ^_^

Edit to add,,,

Just watched "Miranda" season 1, the similareties are unreal !!!

RIP New Order...

Did he have the marigolds on ?

If you'd refused to be searched by the steward they would have probably got a cop to do it, prior to letting you into the ground. I agree that it's not pleasant being searched/patted down but it's a possible deterrent to those who'd be likely to carry in a carry oot eg . They are also trying to stop people bringing in flares and other prohibited items ?

So it's just a fact of life given that there are so many 'skulls' attending football matches.

Show Racism the Red Card

Gentlemen,

If you care that much I would imagine a request made to Strathclyde Police under the Freedom of Information (Scotland) Act 2002 will give you the information you require?

Force Disclosure Unit

Freedom of Information Section

Strathclyde Police

173 Pitt Street

Glasgow

G2 4JS

Or email: info@strathclyde.pnn.police.uk

Cheers.

Some sing of Celtic, Rangers

And some of Motherwell

Of Hibs and Partick Thistle

And other teams as well

But of all the famous football teams

There’s one that they’ve forgotten

With a Ra Ra Ra and a Cha Cha Cha

IT’S THE FAMOUS GREENOCK MORTON

If you want entry to the ground then you agree to the search. It's no different from entering a nightclub. You are quite within your rights to refuse a search but you will simply be refused entry by the security staff.

FIRST DIVISION RUNNERS UP 2012/13

Hey Man - Enough of your Stupidness

If you want entry to the ground then you agree to the search. It's no different from entering a nightclub. You are quite within your rights to refuse a search but you will simply be refused entry by the security staff.

2 weeks in a row ive had my tea searched. Both weeks ive had a can of juice in my pocket but the new ''super steward'' with the orange coat that prowls the shed searched my bag with a chicken roll in it last week and on tuesday there he got me at the start of the shed and opened up my steak pie super to check if the stench was in thank the chips i said it was.

Archived