Greenock Celtic - Page 21 - General Nonsense - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Greenock Celtic

rawheed rex

My God is John Fowler, so....yes :D .

I dunno Forza, I'm not into religion. I really only responded to this thread cause I don't believe the issue is as black and white as was being made out.

The fact that it's "My God" rather than someone elses version of God makes it a personal thing and I'm cool with that. As long as it stays personal ;)

How does the Lord's Prayer start?

How does the Bible read?

Yes it's pish, but no more pish or simplistic than asserting that every child that goes to a faith school are taught that they'll burn for all eternity in hell if they don't believe what they're told.

It's already been pointed out to you just how ridiculous this is. That is the entire point of Christianity.* If you do NOT accept Jesus Christ as your personal saviour then you go to hell. Seriously. Read a book.

*mainstream

EOho8Pw.png

• Replies 401
  • Created
  • Last Reply
personally when i have kids (if) i wouldn't have them anywhere near religion. i'm a neurotic mess at the best of times and catholicism f***ed my head.

the case for denominational schooling has been ground into dust by nacho (clever boy that) on here a few times.

my parents are religious as f*** and they're clever people but i just don't go there with them.

if god is true then i think he would love the atheists more than anyone for being free thinking.

Ehh, it depends on what school of thought you subscribe to. Some would say that God has created us in his image and thus if we flourish to our very utmost in the giant theme park of his creation then we are honouring him. Others would say that self-discipline and denial is more important - remember the concept of original sin and also the Fall, which came from disobeying God's will - and thus keeping aside impure thoughts is more important than nurturing free thought.

all this carry on about "praising and loving " god and jesus is frankly baffling. do christians think god will be beeling if we dont praise him? what would that say about "god"? that's like painting a picture or writing a song then expecting it to say thanks! :lol:
Yes, but in fairness to the believers one can see exactly from where they drew this conclusion, given how overwhelmingly unpleasant, jealous, and sociopathic God is in their holy texts.

in my life there are people who have done great and tangible things for me. i thanked them at the time and they have my ongoing respect and love. i don't have to pray to them every 5 minutes. i didn't ask to be born though so al be f***ed if i'm gonna "love" god for (me) being sentient.

edited cos i got secular mixed up wi s***e :lol:

Well said :)

EOho8Pw.png

Archived