10 Years Ago This Very Day.... - General Football & Other Sports - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

10 Years Ago This Very Day....

10 years back to this very day...seems hard to believe....but a good few of us were on the march to sunny St Denis stadium for the Brazil vs Scotland match in the World Cup opener.

What a day it was, blistering sun in the Parisain skys, beevy as cheep as you could wish for, Brazilians left right and centre making one huge party atmosphere in 'Village Brazil'. Hendo and I, plastered..blootered burned to a crisp...brilliant!

Then goin in to the stadium itself...god, one false move and you were on your way to some drop...the atmosphere for the build up was immense...2hrs before KO, the french knew how to throw a party for the biggest game in the world..usual then happened, they score 4 mins in- never really took notice- but when collins stepped up to take our pen, it seemed to feel like an eternity was passing, then when he scored it....."AVALANCHE" the noise was superb, plus we became part of the avalanche of supporters falling down the stairs behind us in absolute rapture, never mind the end result that day, we did brilliant....could seriously do with us being in another big show...

i'm heading down to my mate's flat tonight for a wee anniversary party - i will be trying to reprise my victory in the 'buy the cheapest bottle of wine challenge'. i do not think i will beat my record of that night in paris - 35p for a bottle of morrocan fizzy plonk.

a decade later! jeezo.

the guy below loves the boaby.

i'm heading down to my mate's flat tonight for a wee anniversary party - i will be trying to reprise my victory in the 'buy the cheapest bottle of wine challenge'. i do not think i will beat my record of that night in paris - 35p for a bottle of morrocan fizzy plonk.

a decade later! jeezo.

:lol: :lol: :lol: Funny you should say that LCM...Hendo and I came across a guy who was the spitting image of kid creole minus his coconuts ;) he invited us to his wedding- needless to say we were gashed out of our skulls on his 'home broo' Ask Hendo! especially about Herve's place on rue de lafyette..he was a wee jem, opened till the last man left( or collapsed on the pub floor).... :lol: :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol: Funny you should say that LCM...Hendo and I came across a guy who was the spitting image of kid creole minus his coconuts ;) he invited us to his wedding- needless to say we were gashed out of our skulls on his 'home broo' Ask Hendo! especially about Herve's place on rue de lafyette..he was a wee jem, opened till the last man left( or collapsed on the pub floor).... :lol: :lol:

so many memories... lost my mate the baldy hebrew before the game had even started and much later, he ended up sleeping in a hedge on the champs elysees - he had to wander for ages to find a gap that wasn't occupied :lol:

next morning me and my other mate were wandering zombie-like back to the car after getting off at mairie d'issy - the baldy one had taken one look at the metro map a few days before and gave up instantly, but fortunately for him he chose the correct terminus that began with 'm'... came sprinting up to us shouting our names with a look of total joy on his face. he was like a baldy labrador that morning.

5 nights of 3 people sleeping in a renault twingo... fantastic, but never to be repeated, thank god.

the guy below loves the boaby.

:lol: also somehow reminds me of a story about big barbarosa. If memory serves me right he broke his ankle and had it in plaster. But whilst sittin in the pub wi his leg up his mobile went. It was his mam askin in a shocked voice 'what had you done to your foot?' not suspecting a thing he said nothin what you talkin about? Your leg..the wan i can see in plaster on the table on the tv noo. Camera crew had been in the same pub as him and he had no idea it was being shown back home. Poor sod.

Archived