Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

TopCat

Members
  • Posts

    838
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    13

TopCat last won the day on September 26

TopCat had the most liked content!

Recent Profile Visitors

19432 profile views

TopCat's Achievements

356

Reputation

  1. Bringing in an experienced coach, even on a part-time basis, would probably help the first team but every penny should be a prisoner until we have a clear route out of our current financial mess. ETA - when folk were speculating on whether or not we had sufficient licenced coaches, I thought offering Jim Duffy a couple of days a week would be the obvious desperation move.
  2. No chance. Football is a pantomime and Imrie should be treated like any other opposition manager. I hope we pump them and get a good laugh at his expense.
  3. I've normally got some sympathy for emptied managers, especially those under significant financial constraints. Not this time. Murray is a miserable, whiny nuisance who has conducted himself really poorly, covering his arse in the press at every opportunity. We're well rid.
  4. I'm more than happy to cheer on a battling but limited side as they succumb to relegation. That's not what's happening here and I've no interest in wasting more of my saturday afternoons on this shite. Murray out.
  5. I understand the wishful thinking on investment but it always amazes me that some folk turn into fainting southern belles at the thought of big-time successful businessmen getting involved with the club. Bonar, the Raes and those before them had their fair share of personal success (and bootlickers defending their every move) but that didn't translate to success for Morton.
  6. An additional £150k a year isn't a game-changer. It won't even guarantee full time championship status, based on other clubs' budgets at this level. 60% ownership, cappielow and a demand that MCT basically match their offer in perpetuity isn't something I'd consider voting for. Give me League 1 and gradual decline over this nonsense.
  7. We still need to threaten on the break, but complicated changes to the shape won't sort out all the soft as shite set-piece goals, central midfield positioning errors and passive defensive play. Murray hasn't even managed to successfully coach any of that out of the players in a fairly standard 4231 system and we've now added a few teenage loans in recent weeks. A narrow, defensive 4411/442 with no guff wingers and Brophy on the bench will do.
  8. Straight onto the longlist of charlatans to be rejected once Murray is shot out of a cannon into the Clyde.
  9. Don't think I can subject myself to any more Murrayball. Hopefully he's gone by the next home game.
  10. Maybe Mr Ritchie could think about giving up on his self-aggrandising legal case and publishing further muck-raking statements in the club's hour of dire need? As others have pointed out: "i'll give you 120 grand if you all resign" isn't exactly a squeaky clean procedural proposal from our big-brain founder/saviour.
  11. This is a common point of view among the support, but one I don't understand at all. In what way does relegation to League 1 (with very little debt, one of the biggest budgets in that league and a good chance of promotion) represent "obscurity"? Should a club of our scale never expect occasional relegation to the 3rd tier?
  12. Aye, the minority stake is an issue, but we need to wait and see on whether that's the actual offer. Otherwise I don't see a big difference in terms of the actual entertainment/quality being offered on the park.
  13. Agree with the general gist of this, but I don't think significant improvement is really on the cards at this point. Coverage of this season's shortfall, £150k a year going forward and some assistance with governance would be a good outcome, given the current state of things. However, any investment from this consortium should prompt an open discussion and rethink over how the MCT funds are allocated. Personally, I'd rather accept our status changing to become one of the best-funded part-time clubs in the pyramid with a separate e.g. £100k annual MCT contributions going towards gradual stadium improvements. Others will no doubt disagree with this as many seem to view full-time training and championship football as a big status symbol for the club.
  14. I can't believe we haven't binned this nonsense shape and obsession with wingers. We leak soft goals so consistently and have the squad to play a stuffy 4 or 5-man midfield and hit on the counter.
  15. What a strange combination of whiny self-serving drivel, sympathy-seeking and backstabbing. It's like a petty MAGA political speech and a "Pm me hunni xx" level facebook post rolled into one. If this is the sort of behaviour to be expected from someone who views himself as our white knight then we might as well start filling out our newco registration forms now.
×
×
  • Create New...