What Are You Listening To At The Moment? - Page 12 - General Nonsense - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

What Are You Listening To At The Moment?

amy

Little Man Tate....mostly demos and a few live tracks I've downloaded.

Waiting patiently for their debut album,About What You Know, to arrive....hopefully tomorrow

Mags.

Blessings....not just for the one's who kneel....luckily.

Haven't been all that impressed by The View, they seem like another band that are trendy to like but are pretty generic. And unsurprisingly whose strongest material will probably be on their first album, a band maybe not likely to go the distance. Just my opinion, only time will tell I guess. :)

Have just recently bought Some Loud Thunder by Clap Your Hands Say Yeah, after a few listens am really enjoying it, they are playing the Barrowlands on Saturday night, should be good! The Decemberists new album (ABC on Sunday) is pretty good also.

Last few albums I have listed to have been

The Band - The Band

Idlewild - Warnings/Promises

Pink Floyd - Obscured by Clouds

Bob Dylan - Modern Times

Edited by Mortonbug

"In a country lacerated by the sharp shards of broken brown-eyed promises, in a world bent low by the burden of disease, war and the price of Thunderbird, who is left to make full account of God and Britain's depleted moral mini bar? Yes, it's the surprising adventures of me, Sir Digby Chicken Caesar!"

This is why I dont buy music papers. I have no idea who the View are or what hype they have. I just downloaded it on a whim & thought it was pretty good. I've since learned they are popular cos of Their support slot with babyshambles.

When you walk through a storm
Hold your head up high
And don't be afraid of the dark

They've been played to death on XFM Scotland for months.I really liked the first two singles but there's something about

the latest one that reminds me of that CornerShop song...Brim full of whatever...still good though.

Mags.

Blessings....not just for the one's who kneel....luckily.

Haven't been all that impressed by The View, they seem like another band that are trendy to like but are pretty generic. And unsurprisingly whose strongest material will probably be on their first album, a band maybe not likely to go the distance. Just my opinion, only time will tell I guess. :)

You really have no social skills, do you?

Why don't you give people the benefit of the doubt of having their own free will, instead of insulting everyone who has just said they are listening to The View, in one fell swoop.

They're a good band, I'm sure that's why people are listening to them.

You then go on to namecheck trendy bands, who have done much less than the view, and who are most probably just on their first album!

You're such a tadger sometimes, mate.

Writing about music is like dancing about architecture - Laurie Anderson

Yer Dong

Allan Moore, yer wife's a very nice woman,

we're gonna win the league for sure.

I couldn't agree less.

Whay you will also find Mortonbug is that more often than not you will get people who dismiss bands who are 'trendy to like' in an attempt to be even more trendy.

Why don't you give people the benefit of the doubt of having their own free will, instead of insulting everyone who has just said they are listening to The View, in one fell swoop.

You then go on to namecheck trendy bands, who have done much less than the view, and who are most probably just on their first album!

I couldn't agree more.

I forgot we had a life coach resident on our little messageboard here. You never alienate people and insult them in one fell swoop on here with your 'Donga knows best' style of posting. Of course not. I'm was not trying to pontificate here, its just my opinion, get over it. I acknowledged that time will tell

I really wish, considering how much older and wiser you make out to be that you would think before you trash me just because I have the opposite opinion. I like music if I think it sounds good. I am not a fan of the band, I gave my opinion and not for the near 300th time you were here ready to knock down anything I say that you don't agree with. How about using your social skills and mediating rather than trashing me! You know best, after all, why not act like it?

Clap Your Hands are on their second album and The Decemberists are on their fourth, so your talking pish. As for liking bands because their trendy, I learnt not to do that after the Arctic Monkeys whose album I bought, who I've seen live and who for me are not particularly great based on that.

If people like The View, good on them. They are a respectable, Scottish band who have worked hard to get where they are and who have a sound that a lot of people including you like.

I just wish the board's policemen would use his social skills to be less of a tadger himself at times! :)

Edited by Mortonbug

"In a country lacerated by the sharp shards of broken brown-eyed promises, in a world bent low by the burden of disease, war and the price of Thunderbird, who is left to make full account of God and Britain's depleted moral mini bar? Yes, it's the surprising adventures of me, Sir Digby Chicken Caesar!"

Little Man Tate....mostly demos and a few live tracks I've downloaded.

Waiting patiently for their debut album,About What You Know, to arrive....hopefully tomorrow

Mags.

A favour for the board. If you like it, don't be an arse, go buy it. Really is a smashing wee album

ca7e1ab20b.jpg

01. (00:03:37) Little Man Tate - Man I Hate Your Band

02. (00:03:16) Little Man Tate - European Lover

03. (00:03:25) Little Man Tate - Sexy In Latin

04. (00:03:23) Little Man Tate - This Must Be Love

05. (00:04:13) Little Man Tate - House Party At Boothys

06. (00:02:56) Little Man Tate - Who Invented These Lists

07. (00:03:45) Little Man Tate - Court Report

08. (00:03:11) Little Man Tate - Little Big Man

09. (00:02:24) Little Man Tate - 3 Day Rule

10. (00:03:07) Little Man Tate - This Girl Isnt My Girlfriend

11. (00:11:58) Little Man Tate - Down On Marie