What Are You Listening To At The Moment? - Page 352 - General Nonsense - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

What Are You Listening To At The Moment?

amy

I wasn't too keen on White Lies second album at first, but when I listen to it now I bloody love it.

Two cracking albums from them.

I've just got round to listening to The Rifles newest album as well. A bit disappointed with it tbh. Nowhere near as good as Great Escape.

Edited by garymcc1874
TTG JIM!!!

I wasn't too keen on White Lies second album at first, but when I listen to it now I bloody love it.

Two cracking albums from them.

I've just got round to listening to The Rifles newest album as well. A bit disappointed with it tbh. Nowhere near as good as Great Escape.

It took me about 8 or 9 listens to enjoy the 2nd white lies album. First album is astonishingly good.

:D

Great singles band.

They are.

Listening to the Avi Buffalo album and enjoying it.

And stuck a bit of Win on last night. Super Popoid Groove.

"I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."

George Bernard Shaw

Yashin - Stand Up. Please listen to this, it's superb.

I love that band, i've spoken to the guitarist paul a few times and he recognizes me every time im out. Nice bloke, need to see them live soon i reckon :)

Listening to Gun - Word up

Now Yashin - Get loose :D

Black Keys- EL Camino: my album of the last 12 months. Amazing

It is that. I wasn't so keen on it at first, but it's really grown on me. Probably their best effort for me behind Rubber Factory and Brothers.

Fantastic band, off to see them for the third time next week with support from the also good Band of Skulls, can't wait :)

I'm listening to Ronnie Lane's "Barcelona" at the moment, been listening to a lot of his stuff lately. A sadly over-looked genius.

AWMSC

• 2 weeks later...

Just listened to the folk awards on radio 2, now listening to the Dubliners special on Radio 2. Luke Kelly, great voice - fact!

Run Silent, Run Deep...

"Men who go to sea in Submarines are nothing but pirates in His Majesties uniform" Admiral of the Fleet Lord Jellicoe

• 2 weeks later...

Gene - Olympian

Blur - Think Tank

The Clash - London Calling

"In a country lacerated by the sharp shards of broken brown-eyed promises, in a world bent low by the burden of disease, war and the price of Thunderbird, who is left to make full account of God and Britain's depleted moral mini bar? Yes, it's the surprising adventures of me, Sir Digby Chicken Caesar!"

Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band - Blinded By The Light

The passing of Clarence Clemons may spell a Big man and the Boss session

the new album sounds good, two or three cracking songs on there, clemon s nephew? on sax i think.

pish what they done to them at the grammys, dropped the tribute to clarence that maceo parker was to play at the last second for that whitney s***e,

add them 3 or 4 cracking songs, to the 4 or so from last few albums... outlaw pete etc, throw in a greatest hits set and wehave one he,l of a gig in manchester june :)