What Are You Listening To At The Moment? - Page 338 - General Nonsense - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

What Are You Listening To At The Moment?

amy

Yeah but I don't get it. Apart from maybe two lines in the song it doesn't really fit.

Exactly! If you listen to it, it's defo about a burd. Fck it, it's not about drugs - screw you music press and your need to dig for hidden meanings that aren't there. Cants. I mean there's a line saying "she grew up well and she grew up right, with those Indiana boys and those Indiana nights". How is that not about a girl?

Happy birthday by the way young chow.

Edited by Boozehound

ryu-blackhadou.gif

jSuper_Street_Fighter_II_Turbo.png

An internet fud is still a fud.

The reviews fcking nonsense! I think it's better than the first album - which was brilliant!

Having listened to it a few times now it's a very good album, but not as good as To Lose My Life.., in my opinion. Sounds like an early Simple Minds album, Sons and Fascination or Empires and Dance maybe.

Looking forward to seeing them on Feb 16th.

I've still not got round to getting tickets for Feb! Seen them twice before and they were both brilliant nights.

Standouts for me on this album are definitely Bigger Than Us, Strangers, The Power & The Glory, and Bad Love. All excellent. :)

That's currently stuck in my head thanks to NFS Hot Pursuit. That game's like watching an episode of Top Gear that Zane Lowe's picked the soundtrack for.

ryu-blackhadou.gif

jSuper_Street_Fighter_II_Turbo.png

An internet fud is still a fud.

Puddle of Mudd - Keep it Together

That makes about 4 good tunes from them now! Slowly getting there.

Peter Weatherson is the greatest player since Ritchie, and should be assigned 'chairman for life' 

onsP5NR.jpg

Had a wee lazy day trawling through oldies on youtube and found some nice tracks that are already added to my personal cassete player.

harry nillson - jump into the fire

mick jagger - memo from turner

jackie lomax - little yellow pills

billy joe royal - hush

syd barret - love song

jefferson airplane - a song for all seasons

pink floyd - summer 68

temptations - psychedelic shack

Remember The Alamo --- MORTON 5 THE MIDDEN BUT 1

Having listened to it a few times now it's a very good album, but not as good as To Lose My Life.., in my opinion. Sounds like an early Simple Minds album, Sons and Fascination or Empires and Dance maybe.

Looking forward to seeing them on Feb 16th.

Yeah, I'd go with that. Streetlights stands out a bit. Also enjoying the new British Sea Power album.

"I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."

George Bernard Shaw

Yeah, I'd go with that. Streetlights stands out a bit. Also enjoying the new British Sea Power album.

Not heard the British Sea Power album, heard good things though, might buy it this week.

Edit to add, just watched the video for Bigger Than Us, does anyone else think that Harry McVeigh looks like Deego??

BTW, that's a compliment Ryan. ;)

Edited by centralTON

You know, it took someone else to tell me that song was about drugs - I always thought it was about a burd called Mary Jane.

Yeah but I don't get it. Apart from maybe two lines in the song it doesn't really fit.

**** up the pair of youse, why don't youse just **** each other? Youse listen to absolute ****ing s***e. Seriously, away to ****. Gimme a bit of ska over your s***e any day.

Not heard the British Sea Power album, heard good things though, might buy it this week.

Edit to add, just watched the video for Bigger Than Us, does anyone else think that Harry McVeigh looks like Deego??

BTW, that's a compliment Ryan. ;)

Seems like a handsome chap.

**** up the pair of youse, why don't youse just **** each other? Youse listen to absolute ****ing s***e. Seriously, away to ****. Gimme a bit of ska over your s***e any day.

You're jealous because I wouldn't winch you that time we were dancing in red. Listen mate, you need to get the **** over it. There's plenty more attractive guys that are funny as **** you can try but there's only one Animal Man.

Peter Weatherson is the greatest player since Ritchie, and should be assigned 'chairman for life' 

onsP5NR.jpg

You're jealous because I wouldn't winch you that time we were dancing in red. Listen mate, you need to get the **** over it. There's plenty more attractive guys that are funny as **** you can try but there's only one Animal Man.

Blah blah blah I've knobbed more burds than you.

Blah blah blah.

:lol:

Brian Wake my Lord, Brian Wake

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

Saturday Night - The Bay City Rollers

Head On - The Jesus and Mary Chain

Heart of Glass - The Associates

We Rule The School - Belle and Sebastian

Blackwaterside - Bert Jansch

Buckfast Beauty - Aidan Moffat

Molly's Lips - The Vaselines

Masquerade - The Skids

Supergran Theme - Billy Connolly

Love Comes In Waves - Malcolm Middleton

A wee bit of Scotland to accompany my s*** Cypriot lager... I could murder a Red Death!

Some people never go crazy, what truly horrible lifes they must live - Charles Bukowski