What Are You Listening To At The Moment? - Page 17 - General Nonsense - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

What Are You Listening To At The Moment?

amy

In the last hour been listening to some Inxs,del amitri,the undertones,james,big country,simple minds,silencers,goodbye mr mckenzie,franz ferdinand,blue nile.

Thats the beauty of file sharing :D !!!

Also had a visit to tontastics chatroom!!

Some of my favourite bands in there...! I was actually listening to Del Amitri's Waking Hours last weekend...hadn't listened to it in years.I've also been trying to get a couple of tickets for The Silencers who are playing a benefit gig for Cha Burns on Friday night in the ABC,but it's completely sold out....might still go up on the night and try to get in....!

The Blue Nile is the only one of the bands mentioned that I haven't seen live...takes me back a few years... :D

Mags.

Blessings....not just for the one's who kneel....luckily.

No ,dont like classical music,thats for the old farts like yourself!! :P

What you mean is you've never tried to like it I suspect. A lot of it is s***e IMO, but equally much of it will still be around when the mince you drool over is long dead and gone.

I DO like some popular music too-in fact I'd go as far as to say that some of it can even be musical.

Edited by mortonjag

First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then they pretend to befriend you, then you win!

YER BARD

Lol, maybe! Yeah I see what your saying. There comes over a wee bit of arrogance when I put points across sometimes. I'm happy to admit that. A bit of constructive criticism is always a good thing. I'm really not one of these busy, self-important people but I reckon I could be more diligent in reading through things before posting them, maybe do myself a favour and seem less like a smart arse!

Yay!

[pennydrops]

Sammy, I take on what yer saying, but I simply love music and talking about it. Sorry if I'm a bore. I'm not a musical snob or take the piss out of people for what they like, like SOME on here....

I love some of the most deeply unfashionable music you could name.

So if I seemed a bit "Mojo" :) then sorry...just like talking about it. I rarely buy music mags or papers, just pick up stuff mostly from the radio (if that's ok with MortonBug.)

Writing about music is like dancing about architecture - Laurie Anderson

Yer Dong

Allan Moore, yer wife's a very nice woman,

we're gonna win the league for sure.

Yay!

[pennydrops]

Sammy, I take on what yer saying, but I simply love music and talking about it. Sorry if I'm a bore. I'm not a musical snob or take the piss out of people for what they like, like SOME on here....

I love some of the most deeply unfashionable music you could name.

So if I seemed a bit "Mojo" :) then sorry...just like talking about it. I rarely buy music mags or papers, just pick up stuff mostly from the radio (if that's ok with MortonBug.)

Mate, you dont bore me at all. Me n you have had the occassional quality chat about tunes on here & the old board. I was sort of making a backhanded compliment to MortonBug. He is, well on here anyway, possibly more like you than either of you would readily admit.

Glad to see you've ditched that Scott Matthews album BTW, utter, utter pants!! :lol:

Not heard the Hedrons, the look a'right though.

When you walk through a storm
Hold your head up high
And don't be afraid of the dark

Mate, you dont bore me at all. Me n you have had the occassional quality chat about tunes on here & the old board. I was sort of making a backhanded compliment to MortonBug. He is, well on here anyway, possibly more like you than either of you would readily admit.

Glad to see you've ditched that Scott Matthews album BTW, utter, utter pants!! :lol:

Not heard the Hedrons, the look a'right though.

I know he is trying to be like me, that's why I don't like him. ;)

Check out their website for some samples. Simply awesome live though. http://www.thehedrons.com

Writing about music is like dancing about architecture - Laurie Anderson

Yer Dong

Allan Moore, yer wife's a very nice woman,

we're gonna win the league for sure.

I know he is trying to be like me, that's why I don't like him. ;)

Check out their website for some samples. Simply awesome live though. http://www.thehedrons.com

Is it possible you and Mortonbug are actually the same person?

I've never seen the two of you together in the same room before.

riverrun, past Eve and Adam’s, from swerve of shore to bend of bay, brings us by a commodius vicus of recirculation back to Howth Castle and Environs.