What Are You Listening To At The Moment? - Page 15 - General Nonsense - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

What Are You Listening To At The Moment?

amy

I havent read the whole thread but , do you ever find it spooky that a song comes on the radio that matches the exact situation you find yourself in ?

Well I had just left the company of a very nice travelling buddy this morning and as I was driving away what comes on the radio

HERE I GO AGAIN ON MY OWN - by Whitesnake.

I found that to be very apt and it's uncanny how often that happens.

Haha! WAynes World moment with the headbanging, Dowza? Where are you now mate?

Writing about music is like dancing about architecture - Laurie Anderson

Yer Dong

Allan Moore, yer wife's a very nice woman,

we're gonna win the league for sure.

LOL!! I only noticed the pubes when you mentioned them!

But are they male pubes or female pubes? - it's very disturbing if you've assumed female (if you're male), cos i don't think there's ever been a definitive answer.

Remedy, ah yes, the dogs bollox spring to mind

or is it the bitches bollox?

Track 6 on this Bloc Party album is pretty minted. Called On. Much better stuff.

Nobody else been listening to Gruff Rhys? I tell thee its right out the top drawer.

When you walk through a storm
Hold your head up high
And don't be afraid of the dark

I havent read the whole thread but , do you ever find it spooky that a song comes on the radio that matches the exact situation you find yourself in ?

Well I had just left the company of a very nice travelling buddy this morning and as I was driving away what comes on the radio

HERE I GO AGAIN ON MY OWN - by Whitesnake.

I found that to be very apt and it's uncanny how often that happens.

The Danish lady?

Haha! WAynes World moment with the headbanging, Dowza? Where are you now mate?

Old School Donga, Old School. When Frank becomes The Tank again and his dull as ditchwater missus dumps him, he cruises in his Pontiac listening to a bit of the Snake.

ryu-blackhadou.gif

jSuper_Street_Fighter_II_Turbo.png

An internet fud is still a fud.

Amorica is a great album....great cover too!!!! :)

I'm loving the Becks Vier, on draught in the SPinnaker. I'm blaming that for me getting douched everytime I go there, it would seem.

I've got a cracking limited edition Double Gatefold double a side of "A Conspiracy/High Head Blues", lovely piece of vinyl, both cracking tracks. Nice album mate, got it on tape but think I'll dig it out tomorrow - classic rock!

Also loved Three Snakes and One Charm (loved the Led Zep style logo cover, blue tint) but it bombed I think? Some classics on there. Split, didn't they?

Amorica:

5101160922.jpg

The pubes were a bit unneccesary!

Three Snakes and One Charm:

5101160972.jpg

They've never really split, they took a 'hiatus' about 4 or 5 years ago, but got back together at the end of 2005 and played live lots for the next year, but they may well be resting again.

Blackberry from 3 Snakes on now.

Track 6 on this Bloc Party album is pretty minted. Called On. Much better stuff.

Nobody else been listening to Gruff Rhys? I tell thee its right out the top drawer.

I heard one of his solo songs on the Mark Radcliffe show about a month ago and was pretty impressed. Are the Super Furry Animals still going? (I hope)

Fuzzy Logic - Genius Album. Song about a hamster being used with a dynamo for electricity, and the song from it's viewpoint telling its owner "Will give me some grub then." You don't see that songwriting style too often!

Franco, Blackberry is rifftastic. I like the ballady one on there as well, How Much For Your Wings? or something like that? Good album.

Edited by DongaTon

Writing about music is like dancing about architecture - Laurie Anderson

Yer Dong

Allan Moore, yer wife's a very nice woman,

we're gonna win the league for sure.

I heard one of his solo songs on the Mark Radcliffe show about a month ago and was pretty impressed. Are the Super Furry Animals still going? (I hope)

Fuzzy Logic - Genius Album. Song about a hamster being used with a dynamo for electricity, and the song from it's viewpoint telling its owner "Will give me some grub then." You don't see that songwriting style too often!

Franco, Blackberry is rifftastic. I like the ballady one on there as well, How Much For Your Wings? or something like that? Good album.

I think SFA are still going. Although, see when they supported Oasis at Hampden. They were utter pish. They played too much new stuff.

When you walk through a storm
Hold your head up high
And don't be afraid of the dark

So what you all listening to am on the look out for new tunes to listen to.

Iv got Ray LaMontagne on at the moment he's pretty good.

:) :) B) :) :)

Happiness is like a butterfly:

the more you chase it,

the more it will elude you,

but if you turn your attention to other things,

it will come and sit softly on your shoulder.

and as you try to grasp it,

enjoy it, and have it for your own

like a woman it will flutter off for ever.

First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then they pretend to befriend you, then you win!

YER BARD

It is that Donga, stunning sound. i'm trying to reduce 6 albums to 72 mins worth of music and it's nigh on impossible, in fact i think i failed with just the first 2 albums. How Much For Your Wings didn't make the cut, though. Not one of my faves. Have you heard Soul Singing from the Lions album, their last studio release? Mindblowingly good! Now playing.