What Are You Listening To At The Moment? - Page 14 - General Nonsense - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

What Are You Listening To At The Moment?

amy

it's just sitting in your loft. you're denying the world laughter! well, maybe not the world, but the dossers who use my flat as a flop house anyway.

i'll give it a good home. i must have this disc, mcarthur. name your price

I decided to keep all of mine when I left the industry. It would be no good to you anyway as it has 'presented to Davie McArthur' engraved on it.

Tell you who might sell you one though. I had to pick three shops in Scotland to get them and I got Rhythmic one which is up in the shop. Talk to Ed and he might sort you out.

MARTY OUT!!!!!

I decided to keep all of mine when I left the industry. It would be no good to you anyway as it has 'presented to Davie McArthur' engraved on it.

Tell you who might sell you one though. I had to pick three shops in Scotland to get them and I got Rhythmic one which is up in the shop. Talk to Ed and he might sort you out.

i'll do that, cheers.

but a true chap would nonchalantly swap it for a box of cigar matches and a pint of porter.

the guy below loves the boaby.

I forgot we had a life coach resident on our little messageboard here. You never alienate people and insult them in one fell swoop on here with your 'Donga knows best' style of posting. Of course not. I'm was not trying to pontificate here, its just my opinion, get over it. I acknowledged that time will tell

I really wish, considering how much older and wiser you make out to be that you would think before you trash me just because I have the opposite opinion. I like music if I think it sounds good. I am not a fan of the band, I gave my opinion and not for the near 300th time you were here ready to knock down anything I say that you don't agree with. How about using your social skills and mediating rather than trashing me! You know best, after all, why not act like it?

Clap Your Hands are on their second album and The Decemberists are on their fourth, so your talking pish. As for liking bands because their trendy, I learnt not to do that after the Arctic Monkeys whose album I bought, who I've seen live and who for me are not particularly great based on that.

If people like The View, good on them. They are a respectable, Scottish band who have worked hard to get where they are and who have a sound that a lot of people including you like.

I just wish the board's policemen would use his social skills to be less of a tadger himself at times! :)

I would like to take you up on a point here.

You say you gave your opinion on th view. To me you dismissed them as being 'trendy to like'. I think their album is pretty standard fare but they are nobody to me & I have no interest in them as people. I must have 100 or more albums by bands that are pretty poor but have standout tracks, that makes it worthwile.

i think the reason Donga has a pop at you is you almost entirely give a critique of an album & it seems pushy, smug & knowing when in (the probable) truth you are none of these. I would suggest you maybe try and stick to opinion on the band, or whatever subject happens to be discussed & try and leave the social comment to a minimum.

For example, I said the Scott Matthews slbum was s***, Donga disagreed & he's fine with being wrong <_>

You should never take advice on a band from music magazines. The reviewer always has their own agenda.

When you walk through a storm
Hold your head up high
And don't be afraid of the dark

I would like to take you up on a point here.

You say you gave your opinion on th view. To me you dismissed them as being 'trendy to like'. I think their album is pretty standard fare but they are nobody to me & I have no interest in them as people. I must have 100 or more albums by bands that are pretty poor but have standout tracks, that makes it worthwile.

i think the reason Donga has a pop at you is you almost entirely give a critique of an album & it seems pushy, smug & knowing when in (the probable) truth you are none of these. I would suggest you maybe try and stick to opinion on the band, or whatever subject happens to be discussed & try and leave the social comment to a minimum.

For example, I said the Scott Matthews slbum was s***, Donga disagreed & he's fine with being wrong <_>

You should never take advice on a band from music magazines. The reviewer always has their own agenda.

I'm always fine with being wrong if I'm wrong. Always hold my hand up. MortonChug is a horror who is NEVER wrong.

Writing about music is like dancing about architecture - Laurie Anderson

Yer Dong

Allan Moore, yer wife's a very nice woman,

we're gonna win the league for sure.

Black Crowes, on random - currently playing 'Descending' from the album Amorica, now going on to 'A Conspiracy' from the same album. Ah, time for another beer. Anybody tried the Becks Vier, by the way? I'm enjoying it very much!

Not tried the Becks yet. I've had 6 Bud Ice though (it was cheap) and I'm now mulling over whether or not to have a vodka. Right in the middle of a monster poker tourney and, all being well, should still be in it at 1/2am. Aye, vodka sounds like a plan.

ryu-blackhadou.gif

jSuper_Street_Fighter_II_Turbo.png

An internet fud is still a fud.

Amorica is a great album....great cover too!!!! :)

I'm loving the Becks Vier, on draught in the SPinnaker. I'm blaming that for me getting douched everytime I go there, it would seem.

I've got a cracking limited edition Double Gatefold double a side of "A Conspiracy/High Head Blues", lovely piece of vinyl, both cracking tracks. Nice album mate, got it on tape but think I'll dig it out tomorrow - classic rock!

Also loved Three Snakes and One Charm (loved the Led Zep style logo cover, blue tint) but it bombed I think? Some classics on there. Split, didn't they?

Amorica:

5101160922.jpg

The pubes were a bit unneccesary!

Three Snakes and One Charm:

5101160972.jpg

Yer Dong

In fact, here's the very bugger here. THis was a nice purchase, think there was a live version of Remedy on there too, great song. Bought back in 93 or something!??!!? Think I was at college.

e3216.JPG

Yer Dong