Ex St Mirren Player Brian Hetherston Passes Away... - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Ex St Mirren Player Brian Hetherston Passes Away...

hoodton

Just read on teletext that ex st mirren player Brian Hetherston has passed away at the young age of 29 due to an epilectic fit. I have many memories of the local derbies and the excellent banter between our fans and Brian which was enjoyed on both sides. He was a really good player at this time and i felt i had to post on this site to offer my condolences on such a sad loss of a talented young footballer.

R.I.P - Brian Hetherston

Pretty numb after reading the tributes on various sites (including here), as Bubbles is the first player that I've seen in the flesh to pass away, and TBH the tragic aspect of it is summed up by the fact that our current team contains a player 10 years older than him in Andy Millen :(

RIP Bubbles :(

St Mirren Til I Die

SPL? We are indeed "having a laugh"!

Brian,

Sorry to hear that you've passed away so suddenly and in such tragic circumstances.

No doubt you'll be watching over our derby games along with Rab McCall, a school friend of mines, who tragically left this world the same way.

An extremely close family member of mine's suffers from epilepsy but thankfully drugs have controllled her epilepsy and she's still with us today.

Some sing of Celtic, Rangers

And some of Motherwell

Of Hibs and Partick Thistle

And other teams as well

But of all the famous football teams

There’s one that they’ve forgotten

With a Ra Ra Ra and a Cha Cha Cha

IT’S THE FAMOUS GREENOCK MORTON

puts football into perspective when you hear such sad news, he was a cheeky chappy and played with a swagger,, and loved the banter with the ton fans, and its good to know the decent and loyal ton fans enjoyed it as well,,,he was a cracking lad and will be a big loss for his family RIP BUBBLES

LEAGUE CUP WINNERS 2013

Poor Bubbles, he was a good player.

Just the same age as me - shocking. :(

RIP, condolences to his family and friends.

Writing about music is like dancing about architecture - Laurie Anderson

Yer Dong

Allan Moore, yer wife's a very nice woman,

we're gonna win the league for sure.

RIP

Thoughts with the family. My old man had epilepsy, but thankfully the drugs seemed to keep it under control.

"I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."

George Bernard Shaw

The words swagger and gallous come into mind when I remember him against us at Scapa or up the road. Remember him scoring a cracker right in front of us at Love Street and thinking that I couldnt think of anyonea wanted to score less than him!! That was due to the fact that he played with a nod and a wink so to speak.

Sad news and a tragic waste.

RIP Brian

Very sad to hear of this news, his brother "Silky", was also a great player, who had a promising career with Aberdeen until injury jeopardised his progress, and he ended up playing at Airdrie! Anyway, stuff any local rivalry, it pales into insignificance when a young guy loses his life. "Bubbles" RIP!

sad news indeed

why was he called bubbles?

Apparently he was given the nickname by his team-mates because he looked like Michael Jackson's monkey of the same name. I read somewhere not that long ago that he liked the nickname as well.

St Mirren Til I Die

SPL? We are indeed "having a laugh"!

Archived