Match Thread - Morton vs Dunfermline (Championship 15th Jan) - Page 4 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Match Thread - Morton vs Dunfermline (Championship 15th Jan)

Admin

36 minutes ago, Hej said:

Convinced that Billy Dodds doesn't have the intelligence to concentrate for 90 minutes and simply just selects his MOTM  by picking he most high profile name he recognises on the team sheets. 

Was just determined not to give it to a Morton player..

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well 5 unbeaten...defensively solid...for all the greeting last season McGinty has to be first bit of business for MCT to secure for next season. 

Totally agree about Orsi. As well as he played up at east end park...hes struggled to read a ladybird book never mind a game of football since. Looked 2 yards of it, kept giving the ball away Time to give Oliver his chance in the sunshine so to speak.

McAlister was a big miss, young Reece just couldn't get into the final third as he was often doing the dirty work during the game and Jacob's coming on having played so little football almost cost us. IMHO McAlister is the pivotal point in the team and it showed tonight.

Salkeld is a bit of an anomaly for me, flatters to deceive far to often with little final product though you cant fault his work rate.

Also agree early on Colvilles balls into box were crying out to be headed in. Equally when they cleared our initial corner the second ball at the edge of the box was screaming out for a blue and white jersey.

Overall though as big Marcus said 4 points of Dunfermline so far isn't a bad return tbf

And 4th in the league with points on the board ain't where anyone thought we'd be....is it? I'll take it!!

9 hours ago, TONofmemories said:

Pitch looks like a tottie field. Sad to see how much it has regressed of late. 

Home league results since we started training on the pitch at the start of last season: W9 D6 L4. That's play-off contention home form over a campaign right there, from two of our most limited squads in a long, long time (13/14 - not you).

So long as the media and opponents are the ones left gurning about the injustice of it all after yet again failing to emerge from Fortress Cappielow with the big away win that they were all looking for, then we can turn the pitch into the third battle of Ypres for all I care. Taking empty platitudes for keeping a nice showlawn after yet another 0-3 defeat and 7th placed finish is Rae thinking. It's time for Cappielow to become a complete fucking bear pit again. 

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

5 hours ago, TheGoon said:

Why is Dossier Dave hanging around the dugout?

5 hours ago, Stevie Aitken's Love Child said:

Was just about to ask the same question. 

I thought that too.  It's like having a ginger haired Andy Bryan standing there.

In a time of not allowing supporters into the game, social distancing protocols etc.  We shouldn't have unnecessary people down at trackside.  

*insert signature here*

2 hours ago, vikingTON said:

Home league results since we started training on the pitch at the start of last season: W9 D6 L4. That's play-off contention home form over a campaign right there, from two of our most limited squads in a long, long time (13/14 - not you).

So long as the media and opponents are the ones left gurning about the injustice of it all after yet again failing to emerge from Fortress Cappielow with the big away win that they were all looking for, then we can turn the pitch into the third battle of Ypres for all I care. Taking empty platitudes for keeping a nice showlawn after yet another 0-3 defeat and 7th placed finish is Rae thinking. It's time for Cappielow to become a complete fucking bear pit again. 

Not disputing your *award winning fact based analysis whatsoever. Merely pointing out the crying shame it is to see such a regression of a once proud bowling green surface.

*self proclaimed 

TIME FOR CHANGE!

7 hours ago, TONofmemories said:

Not disputing your *award winning fact based analysis whatsoever. Merely pointing out the crying shame it is to see such a regression of a once proud bowling green surface.

*self proclaimed 

TheMortonBowlingClubForum.com for this pish.

10 hours ago, Nornirontons said:

Just to enforce VTs point, Cappielow has been and now should be a place as they used to call it "not here again" and I actually do feel that's how away teams are looking at it now!!!

You can't be bad at that.

Not that bothered about the nick of the pitch either - it was typically even worse at this time of the year in the 70s and 80s - but neither do I see it as an advantage. That might be the case if we were in a league where most of our opponents are technically superior, but with the possible exception of Hearts that's hardly the case. We're not playing in La Liga, it's not as if the other teams in our league are packed full of skillful, free-flowing, ball-players who would be neutralised by playing on a tottie field.

Jonathan Sutherland tried his best to get McFadden to agree that it was the worst game ever but credit to McFadden for explaining the positives and seeing it from a player's point of view. Wasn't it great also to see McManus huffing and puffing and yet again failing to beat the Mighty Ton.

12 hours ago, vikingTON said:

As a fact based scientist you're obviously aware that correlation does not imply causation. :)

58 minutes ago, Cet Homme Charmant said:

Not that bothered about the nick of the pitch either - it was typically even worse at this time of the year in the 70s and 80s - but I also don't see it as an advantage. That might be the case if we were in a league where most of our opponents are technically superior, but with the possible exception of Hearts that's hardly the case. We're not playing in La Liga, it's not as if the other teams in our league are packed full of skillful, free-flowing, ball-players who would be neutralised by playing on a tottie field.

It is an advantage when your own players are aware of how the pitch plays, having trained on it on a regular basis. 

Dunfermline played two wingers who have regularly hurt other teams in the division last night - they did fuck all on the tottie field though.  

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

Just now, Cet Homme Charmant said:

As a fact based scientist you're obviously aware that correlation does not imply causation. :)

If you had tried reading the post for the sake of comprehension then you'd be aware that the other causal factor - that we have a legitimately good squad at this level - has already been ruled out. So we can in fact conclude that our outstanding home form is a function of training on the same pitch day in and day out. Much to the chagrin of those who want to 'play fitba thu way it shuld be' and then watch better teams than us waltz away with an easy win against soft touch opposition.

1 hour ago, Cet Homme Charmant said:

Not that bothered about the nick of the pitch either - it was typically even worse at this time of the year in the 70s and 80s - but neither do I see it as an advantage. That might be the case if we were in a league where most of our opponents are technically superior, but with the possible exception of Hearts that's hardly the case. We're not playing in La Liga, it's not as if the other teams in our league are packed full of skillful, free-flowing, ball-players who would be neutralised by playing on a tottie field.

Surely the La Liga superstars would have a far better chance of adapting their game than the 'more skilful than our job squad but still very limited' opposition that we face?

4 minutes ago, Jamie_M said:

Surely the La Liga superstars would have a far better chance of adapting their game than the 'more skilful than our job squad but still very limited' opposition that we face?

Not necessarily, if they're used to training and playing on bowling greens day-in and day-out. Having said that, of course any La Liga team would still hump us off the park even if it was a tottie field, but probably not as comprehensively as they would on a bowling green.  

Once again it was crystal clear we are crying out for a big target man to take advantage of Our good deliveries into the box, and to give Us an out ball. I expect the usual backlash to my contribution, but I would try one of our centre halves up front in training to see if he could win Strapp's long throws or the good deliveries from the likes of Colville, Nesbit, Salkend etc. If not there are plenty of Junior centre forwards who play the role. For me our creative players start the game well till they realise there's no focal point for their good build-up play and deliveries, which mentally drains their energy. (sits back and awaits correction from the appointed forum experts).

Archived