Match Thread - Morton vs Dunfermline (Scottish Cup 12th Jan) - Page 2 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Match Thread - Morton vs Dunfermline (Scottish Cup 12th Jan)

Admin

2 minutes ago, TRVMP said:

I'm not explicitly saying that wee part-time teams should be automatically relegated when the season ends*, but full-time footballers would be able to play with a day's notice, whereas half the part-timers at Arbroath would face sigificant disruption to their day jobs if they were asked to duck out of work early to go to Greenock tomorrow.

*but hypothetically, if I was, I'd be saying this would be a great justification.

Or to get tested before that.

Assuming they are not all furloughed.

How is testing working over there? It's a bit of a free-for-all here in Texas. I had to take a test just before Christmas and it involved driving to a vacant lot, giving them $120, getting a nasal swab, waiting 15 minutes, then getting the all-clear, then going to 7-Eleven to buy lager. (The last step was optional, admittedly.) Is it that fast and cheap in Scotland?

edit: the upshot of the question is - how quick and dirty is testing, can it easily accommodate fixture changes etc.

EOho8Pw.png

6 hours ago, TRVMP said:

How is testing working over there? It's a bit of a free-for-all here in Texas. I had to take a test just before Christmas and it involved driving to a vacant lot, giving them $120, getting a nasal swab, waiting 15 minutes, then getting the all-clear, then going to 7-Eleven to buy lager. (The last step was optional, admittedly.) Is it that fast and cheap in Scotland?

edit: the upshot of the question is - how quick and dirty is testing, can it easily accommodate fixture changes etc.

In comparison, it's free testing and lots of options here in Australia. I've been a couple of times to the drive-through which is at the local showgrounds in a giant shed and it's quick and efficient, with results by text the following morning (if negative). The test is the swab in throat then both nostrils. 

Walk-in testing sites available as well, as completely free (unless it's as part of an appointment you are paying for anyway).

What Carew can do with a ball, I can do with an orange

7 hours ago, TRVMP said:

I mean its free but thats not for tests which return results the same day. Elite sportspeople can get the test that takes 15minutes but I'm sure they said the cost of that would be a couple thousand to do the whole matchday staff. 

2 hours ago, hayfever said:

In comparison, it's free testing and lots of options here in Australia. I've been a couple of times to the drive-through which is at the local showgrounds in a giant shed and it's quick and efficient, with results by text the following morning (if negative). The test is the swab in throat then both nostrils. 

Walk-in testing sites available as well, as completely free (unless it's as part of an appointment you are paying for anyway).

We don't have drive-through ones here in WA.
The one I went to was a walk-in in a large temporary marquee type structure at the local hospital.
Strange thing was that it was pay and display parking, so everyone going for the test needed to press the touch-screen display to get their parking ticket.   No-one nearby to wipe down the display after each customer.   No wipes nearby to let you do it yourself.

Look at her riding pillions on Davy’s sea-bike, carrying an apoplectic macaw in a silver hoop. Oh, Morton, let’s go there this winter!  Or learning the Japanese chinchona from that Kobe group, in a dress that looks like a blowtorch rising from one knee, and which should sell big in Texas. Morton, is that real fire? Happy, happy little girl!

Archived