Match Thread - Morton vs Dunfermline (Scottish Cup 12th Jan) - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Match Thread - Morton vs Dunfermline (Scottish Cup 12th Jan)

Admin

IMG_20201211_160145_928.jpg

Our match thread is brought to you in association with The Inverclyde Boiler Company. We are extremely proud to be named as Alpha Heating No1 Installer In Inverclyde 💙

Alpha E-TEC33kw 💪🏻

10 Year warranty 🔧 

Magnetic Filter 🧲 

RF Wireless Controller ⏲

From £1850

The Inverclyde Boiler Company 

Tel : 01475 503304

Info@theinverclydeboilercompany.co.uk

www.theinverclydeboilercompany.co.uk

dunnottar_retro_4.jpg

Our match thread is brought to you in association with Dunnottar Retro Football Shirts, who offer a variety of high quality, modern reproductions of classic Morton shirts from years gone by, including the famous orange Umbro away shirt, and the shirts from the 80s and 90s by Matchwinner and New Olympic, with new designs being added regularly, you can visit them on www.dunnottar.scot and the discount code Morton10 will get you 10% off your order.

It'll freeze overnight on Monday but prior to that there's going to be a mild weekend (well, mild by Scottish winter standards). Hopefully they can keep this game on.

Per the website update yesterday we should have the squad fully de-COVIDfied by then, although Rae might well have let half the senior squad go.

EOho8Pw.png

If it's right that we have 4 players with covid, as opposed to just isolating, they surely would be a bit below par at best to play football so soon afterwards?  It has after effects that can be very serious even in younger folk - lung scarring from the pneumonia, possible cardiac damage, blood thickening that can cause heart attacks or strokes, all sorts of stuff.  Foolhardy to play football after covid without a full health check after it subsides.

"Any nation given the opportunity to regain its national sovereignty and which then rejects it is so far beneath contempt that it is hard to put words to it."

So if we beat some Fifers, we get some more Fifers.

Crap.

McGhee needs some support, there's no-one backing him up.
Hayes playing it forward, Bell being forced to do it all alone, now forward from Marr, here's Ritchie, still Andy Ritchie, look at the control...

That is a marvellous goal from Andy Ritchie. Twenty minutes on the clock and Morton's supporters come alive. A goal which epitomises the control, the arrogance, the cheek of Andy Ritchie.

23 hours ago, AyrshireTon said:

So if we beat some Fifers, we get some more Fifers.

Crap.

Some might see it that way I see opportunity. 

50/50 v Dunfermline win that surely 80% v East Fife, even though we lost there recently in the cup.

Last 16 in cup, as I say opportunity. 

40 minutes ago, Ton4life said:

Some might see it that way I see opportunity. 

50/50 v Dunfermline win that surely 80% v East Fife, even though we lost there recently in the cup.

Last 16 in cup, as I say opportunity. 

80% is way too optimistic. 60% at best. 

I agree it's an opportunity. It's take the easiest possible draw every time. So I also see it as an opportunity, but Dunfermline and East Fife will rightly see it in the same way. 

1 hour ago, TheGoon said:

You canny drag them down here on 24 hours notice, I think. Dick would blow a gasket.

Or arrange testing and get results back in that timeframe, seeing as that is the main condition on our league still operating.

Seems illogical as we are playing them Friday in the Championship.

While I understand games with L1 and lower would be suspended don't get reason for stopping our game.

This will fuck up the whole competition might need to play 3 games in first week in February for some teams yet to play the last round.

1 hour ago, Ton4life said:

Seems illogical as we are playing them Friday in the Championship.

While I understand games with L1 and lower would be suspended don't get reason for stopping our game.

This will fuck up the whole competition might need to play 3 games in first week in February for some teams yet to play the last round.

Because looking at Morton's fixture list specifically for this week to make an exception was high on their agenda when deciding to suspend the competition completely.

I'm not explicitly saying that wee part-time teams should be automatically relegated when the season ends*, but full-time footballers would be able to play with a day's notice, whereas half the part-timers at Arbroath would face sigificant disruption to their day jobs if they were asked to duck out of work early to go to Greenock tomorrow.

*but hypothetically, if I was, I'd be saying this would be a great justification.

EOho8Pw.png

Archived