Match Thread - Alloa vs Morton (Championship 2nd January 2021) - Page 4 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Match Thread - Alloa vs Morton (Championship 2nd January 2021)

Admin

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You can see how much that meant to Fjortoft. He may feel hard-done-by to have been benched in recent weeks but McGinty and McLean were both playing well, so it was a tough one for the manager. With McLean presumably out for at least one more game, there's a chance for Fjortoft to kick on here.

EOho8Pw.png

We need to slow it down a bit. We tried a speculative counter there but with no final ball and only one in the box, we then put ourselves immediately under pressure. With the midfielders we have on the pitch we should be able to see the game out for 10 minutes, particularly against a part-time team. No more punts down the channel, please - at least not without a man advantage.

EOho8Pw.png

We could do with some composure in possession to slow this down a bit, but we've not really got many options to change it now. Omar for Salkeld, Wallace for Orsi? Not keen on the idea of removing McAlister or Lyon for Blues.

Brian Wake my Lord, Brian Wake

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

3 minutes ago, TRVMP said:

Thomson jukes past a defender before tripping over his own mediocrity. Normal service has been resumed.

I suppose I was asking for that.

We've been inviting that for the last ten minutes.

EOho8Pw.png

It's alright lads, Omar's coming on for SalKELD.

God... don't want to scapegoat him but he's been on for 20 seconds and he's pulling a tractor, then gets tackled as easily as you like. I understand we need to take a punt on lower-league players, given the financial situation, but he's just not got it.

EOho8Pw.png

Archived