Match Thread - Alloa vs Morton (Championship 2nd January 2021) - Page 7 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Match Thread - Alloa vs Morton (Championship 2nd January 2021)

Admin

Orsi I think is still trying to work out what kinda player he actually is. He’s not a target man, not a poacher and not a deep lying forward either. To remain at this level he’s going to have to nail one of those roles down. 

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 hours ago, Ton4life said:

As previous stated MCT have put two members on the board and are currently undertaking the due diligence process while gaining an understanding of the Morton business processes.

Not sure what more can be expected of this group and while both players merit consideration the main objective is to secure the the long term survival of the club.

That’s fine, but my point is it would be useful if the current board and the MCT board members could make sure that there is some joined up thinking - which I think may well be happeninganyway - to allow as smooth a transition as possible. I have no reason to think that those involved, being supporters, will not want to achieve the best long term outcome for Morton.

"Any nation given the opportunity to regain its national sovereignty and which then rejects it is so far beneath contempt that it is hard to put words to it."

21 hours ago, TheGoon said:

Orsi I think is still trying to work out what kinda player he actually is. He’s not a target man, not a poacher and not a deep lying forward either. To remain at this level he’s going to have to nail one of those roles down. 

He's a pressing forward.

Orsi strikes me as a fairly physical player who would maybe work best with someone like Oliver alongside him. Certainly puts himself about a bit, but he has more to his game than that.

"Any nation given the opportunity to regain its national sovereignty and which then rejects it is so far beneath contempt that it is hard to put words to it."

At 5’9” he’s not going to challenge any centre half in the air so he’s not the player to capitalise on our deliveries. If we’re looking for mid table security then it may not be top priority, but I feel a decent target man could improve us to challenge for the play-offs. 

Is he only 5'9"?  Mind you Rowan Alexander is pretty small too and he was great in the air.

Archived