Match Thread - Ayr vs Morton (Championship 29th December) - Page 2 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Match Thread - Ayr vs Morton (Championship 29th December)

Admin

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bad goalkeeping there. Still early days and as long as we don't have any more howlers Ayr look there for the taking.

Peter Weatherson is the greatest player since Ritchie, and should be assigned 'chairman for life' 

onsP5NR.jpg

In the last two games there've been questions about whether we've actually played that well as opposed to just being ruthlessly clinical with rare chances while not really being in control of the game at any point.

No such questions here, we've been in total control of this and yet we're going in level at half-time due to conceding an absolutely appalling goal with two men unmarked at a set-piece and a howler from McAdams.

Don't know if we can maintain this intensity of pressing for a full 90 minutes and we might have regretted only being one ahead after being streets ahead of them in every area, never mind somehow being level. We'd genuinely been really good to watch up to the equaliser but it's noticably gotten more even since then.

Brian Wake my Lord, Brian Wake

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

Good first half 

Lyon driving forward and giving them plenty to do.

Moffett  out of game but works a good foul. Sadly McAdams has slippy fingers, first ral mistake seen from him.

Smith and Moffet don't  seem to be on their game let's get back to what we where doing high press and driving forward the points are here to get tonight.

So a keeper is expected t hold a header 6-7 yards out...amazeballs at that!!!

Watch the highlights...Strapp was marking Baird in lead up to ball going in. You clearly see them coming together before the ball comes in..someone clearly not marking who they should be.

Apart from goal looked pretty solid and well organised so far...to much panic station stuff. Wee bit more composure needed...were playing Ayr united here no Brazil...no need t hoof the ball up so freely as if it the only option.

More goals in this. A matchwinner for Oliver for me!

2 minutes ago, gmfc23 said:

Amazeballs. That patter can get tae fk btw

Someone said that on a group text on Sunday and I was very close to removing her from the group. Absolutely unacceptable.

Meanwhile, back in Ayr, Muirhead is playing quite well on the left.

EOho8Pw.png

Archived