Scottish Cup - Page 3 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Scottish Cup

Boogs49

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Arbroath tweeting to tell their fans of the knock on effect of our game tomorrow being called off, that the game against them on Tuesday is off, before Morton even bother to tell us when they’ve had to bring someone in to inspect the pitch is about the most typical example of the indifference of this current regime has to doing their job that you could expect.

They really couldn’t give a flying fuck.

So that's Tuesday we play Dunfermline, and on Friday evening we play, eh, Dunfermline? Gripping stuff.  Just waiting for Tuesday's game to be called off due to covid now and then we can play Friday as a combined league and cup game.

"Any nation given the opportunity to regain its national sovereignty and which then rejects it is so far beneath contempt that it is hard to put words to it."

17 minutes ago, Toby said:

Arbroath tweeting to tell their fans of the knock on effect of our game tomorrow being called off, that the game against them on Tuesday is off, before Morton even bother to tell us when they’ve had to bring someone in to inspect the pitch is about the most typical example of the indifference of this current regime has to doing their job that you could expect.

They really couldn’t give a flying fuck.

I make that the Dunfermline, Arbroath and the MCT Facebook all informing us of the rescheduled game before morton even announcing the game was off

1 hour ago, Renfrew said:

I make that the Dunfermline, Arbroath and the MCT Facebook all informing us of the rescheduled game before morton even announcing the game was off

Understand David is out getting the chips in, then he has to wash Mr Rae's car, then grit the entrance.

Give the guy a break it's on his list.

• 1 month later...
29 minutes ago, Jamie_M said:

Strange when it hasn't been confirmed the lower leagues have agreed a plan to come back yet. Assume that must be imminent then.

The Scottish Cup has TV deals with Premier Sports and BBC Scotland to be fulfilled, something that doesn’t affect Leagues One and Two.

3 minutes ago, Toby said:

The Scottish Cup has TV deals with Premier Sports and BBC Scotland to be fulfilled, something that doesn’t affect Leagues One and Two.

I don't doubt the motivation for them wanting to continue.

Could be the SFA going for a 'fulfil or forfeit your spot' policy.

8 minutes ago, Jamie_M said:

I don't doubt the motivation for them wanting to continue.

Could be the SFA going for a 'fulfil or forfeit your spot' policy.

Yes, I wonder if the SFA will allow Brora Rangers for example, to hold off as they’re not allowed to train, or give a bye to Hearts.

Somehow I’d imagine the latter is more likely.

10 minutes ago, Toby said:

Yes, I wonder if the SFA will allow Brora Rangers for example, to hold off as they’re not allowed to train, or give a bye to Hearts.

Somehow I’d imagine the latter is more likely.

Highland league teams allowed to fulfil their fixtures but no word on what they are allowed to do in preparation for that. 

32 minutes ago, Jamie_M said:

Highland league teams allowed to fulfil their fixtures but no word on what they are allowed to do in preparation for that. 

Are they? All I’ve seen reported is that Leagues One and Two and the women’s Premier League are allowed to start training. Never saw a mention of the leagues below League Two.

Archived