Government grants - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Government grants

33 minutes ago, The Bewilderedbeast said:

Just been announced that Championship clubs will a receive £500,000 GRANT while premiership will get 2,000,000 LOAN.

Announced where? Nothing online.

Peter Weatherson is the greatest player since Ritchie, and should be assigned 'chairman for life' 

onsP5NR.jpg

2 minutes ago, TaunTon said:

bbc radio scotland

Thanks. Glorious news if true, especially Partick and Falkirk getting shafted while the Famous live off the fat of the land.

Peter Weatherson is the greatest player since Ritchie, and should be assigned 'chairman for life' 

onsP5NR.jpg

That's 500k each, by the way. Not split ten ways. 

Got to say that if I was a taxpayer who didn't like football I'd be a bit raging at this, but I'm neither of those things, so I'm "cock-a-hoop."

I expect MCT to insist on a thorough examination of where this money is going. 

On that subject, this can't be allowed to dampen the urgency of the MCT project. Raes need to leave now without the stadium. 

EOho8Pw.png

Good news from the self-centred interest of the club. Honking news for the taxpayer subsidising this industry after a single Keith fucking Jackson article gives the government a hurry-up. Can you tell that there's an election in five months' time?

Scottish football being Scottish football, my concern is that clubs will see this as their very own January warchest to throw at some overpaid mercenary signings. I'd like to see us add a keeper but by shifting bodies out of the door first. The crisis will hopefully be as good as over for next season but there's no guarantee of that: we've skated on thin ice already and should avoid doing so again. If that means clambering around with the part time teams and fending off a Border bumpkin resurgence in 2021 then so be it.

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

There has to be some conditionality. Hopefully the full amount to GMFC will be viewed as additional funds and not an excuse for anyone to reduce existing funding. Aside from securing Morton for the near future it must give MCT time to identify if they can secure a takeover of the club.

This announcement I'm sure is welcomed by all!!

We all knew that a sum of money was in the pipeline and it somewhat reinforces the incompetence shown by Crawford last week. I know people can point to many incompetent decisions made by many a Morton boards or chairmen in their lifetime of supporting the club but surely Crawford Raes handling of affairs tops the lot. Quite frankly he looks more like a circus clown than a chairman of a football club!!

Thankfully there is now MCT influence on the board. I will watch with great interest over the next few weeks and months to see how that influence is managed as I feel this is without doubt an early acid test for all concerned with MCT at boardroom level.

1 hour ago, Nornirontons said:

This announcement I'm sure is welcomed by all!!

We all knew that a sum of money was in the pipeline and it somewhat reinforces the incompetence shown by Crawford last week. I know people can point to many incompetent decisions made by many a Morton boards or chairmen in their lifetime of supporting the club but surely Crawford Raes handling of affairs tops the lot. Quite frankly he looks more like a circus clown than a chairman of a football club!!

Thankfully there is now MCT influence on the board. I will watch with great interest over the next few weeks and months to see how that influence is managed as I feel this is without doubt an early acid test for all concerned with MCT at boardroom level.

Yes Hopkin treated badly. 

Opportunity for Morton to show some real community initiative by making PPV free to all Inverclyde residents.

Archived