Is there any pride in being a Morton supporter anymore? - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Is there any pride in being a Morton supporter anymore?

capitanus

Is there any pride in being a Morton supporter nowadays?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Is there any pride in being a Morton supporter nowadays?

• Yes
    • No
  2. 2. Has the current regime at Cappielow changed the way you feel about Morton?

• Yes
    • No
  3. 3. Are you concerned about the future of Morton?

• Yes
    • No

2 minutes ago, TRVMP said:

I am immensely proud of our nearly-150-year-old institution and that is despite our current regime and not because of it.

I am beginning to think that we might not last til 2024.  I hope I am wrong, but the way the lesser Rae is pleading poverty coupled with the COVID-19 pandemic, lockdowns and economic downturn, plus supporter apathy makes me think that the writing may soon be on the wall.

This pandemic could be a godsend for Crawfordjag to pin all the blame on and to exonerate himself and his father for years of reckless management.

*insert signature here*

As of right now we are the biggest clown-car outfit in Scottish football, with the emphasis on clowncar rather than size (otherwise Celtic would clinch it no bother). A televised match between the Little People and Raith fucking Rovers was on this evening and the sad reality is that, as of right now, they're streets ahead of us on the park. With funny money, spend now, pay later squads to be sure - but then we were doing the exact same thing under Rae senior for a decade and got what, four fucking years of predictable Jim McInally fuck-ups to show for it? Enough. E-fucking-nough.

The Rae family have yielded any right to take anything more out of the club on their way out than the set of toasters and kettles that they were letting the blind supporters' section run 24/7 on the leccy bill since 2004. They need to go before we Make Greenock Morton Great Again. Otherwise it's better to just blow the whole thing up and start over in the North Caledonian League against Scourie. There should be no acceptance of  managed decline. 

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

1/ As far as I can remember from around 1963/4 I’ve always been immensely proud to be a supporter of the wonderful Greenock Morton Football Club.

2/ Nobody on this planet can affect how I feel about Morton, it’s unconditional love for My Team, from I first saw them until forever. 

3/ I am very concerned about the future of our club, although I am hopeful that we have great Supporters and benefactors who will give everything to ensure we survive, including myself. 

I shall always Support the club since I saw them playing in the famous Blue & White Hoops away back in 1972... Am I worried about the future of the Club Yes very much so but hopefully with all our support & Rae out of Cappielow as Soon as we shall move the Club on but Morton are in a very perilous position again..

On the apathy, I'm not sure I'll buy anymore streams. Think I'll just use the money to up my MCT contribution instead. Can't wait for this season to be over and Rae to be gone but very worried that we will not be around next season at this rate. Also worried about the possibility of going Part-Time as I don't want us to slowly slide into Clyde shaped obscurity.

Far rather be a Ton supporter than one of the bigot brothers’ sheep. Morton has been a constant in my life since I first saw them around May 1963. That will never change.

"Any nation given the opportunity to regain its national sovereignty and which then rejects it is so far beneath contempt that it is hard to put words to it."

We have less and less to have pride in and less people taking pride in the club as they are being driven away. 

I do not foresee there being as much goodwill as there was the last time, should we enter administration. The damage done by Douglas and Crawford Rae may be irreversible in somE areas. 

12 hours ago, Cet Homme Charmant said:

In the 40 odd years of being a Ton fan, this is by far the most apathetic and disconnected I've ever felt with the team and the club. Still my team and all that, but if we died tomorrow I'd be gutted rather than devastated. Gives me no pleasure to say it, bur it's how I feel.

Exactly how I feel.   I barely take an interest anymore though I'm not a lost cause.   A new regime would almost certainly relight the fire, so to speak.   I've had it with the Rae's though.  Until they're gone I doubt I'll be back on a regular basis other than to see my mates.   I couldn't even tell you who we were playing today until I checked this forum earlier.   This from someone who never missed a game for years.   

"CORNBEEF IS A BELLEND"

Morton has been a huge part of my life going on since the early 60's. It's habit, family tradition and home town that matter to me and I have zero expectation of us ever challenging for honours. We should and could be better than we are and I miss the excitement that I took for granted back in the 60's to 80's. The Rae/GC days are a low point and and it's difficult to watch how much in terms of goodwill and resources the club has squandered over the recent past to end up at this juncture but the Rae's aren't Morton. We are.

I’m not especially proud of supporting Morton, and it does give you many, many more bad days than good. 

However, I am at least proud I’m not one of the weirdos heading off ti Ibrox/Parkhead from Inverclyde on a Saturday. The same dipshits that’ll have a go at Morton for being guff, without even realising how stupid they look saying it. 

41 minutes ago, TheGoon said:

I’m not especially proud of supporting Morton, and it does give you many, many more bad days than good. 

However, I am at least proud I’m not one of the weirdos heading off ti Ibrox/Parkhead from Inverclyde on a Saturday. The same dipshits that’ll have a go at Morton for being guff, without even realising how stupid they look saying it. 

an example of the above 

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/6396684/celtic-lennon-fans-rethink-protest/

13 hours ago, Alibi said:

Far rather be a Ton supporter than one of the bigot brothers’ sheep. Morton has been a constant in my life since I first saw them around May 1963. That will never change.

6 hours ago, TheGoon said:

5 hours ago, pink_panther said:

This isn't about not being one of 'thu bigot brothers' as Alibi stated, or not being one of the many scheme goblins who head to Parkhead on a Saturday, we know Inverclyde is hoaching with them.  Fuck them.  That's not a yardstick for determining who we are or how we feel about Morton.

Look at St. Mirren, Hamilton, Inverness CT, Ross County or even though I am loathe to admit it, Partick Thistle, regular yo-yo clubs bouncing between the top two divisions, regularly putting together good squads with decent players who actually want to play for them and make a good career out of playing for them, modern stadiums, facilities to match, chairmen and directors who aren't forever pleading poverty whilst fleecing the life out of the club etc. 

I'm not interested in giving myself a pat on the back because I don't support 'thu bigot brothers', we aren't even on their radar, I would just like my club to be able to hold our own as a respectable and strong Scottish provincial club once again.

*insert signature here*

I love Morton and always will but for years I have had this feeling about the club and some of the people involved in it. When I was young I spent my Saturdays in and around cappielow as my dad volunteered on match days. There were guys like John Wilson, Alan Mcgraw, John McMaster, Alec Renfrew, Walter Campbell, Andy Bryan, wee Janie in the office among many others. Guys older than me will no doubt share some of the not so positive stuff around the club at this time and I know it wasn't perfect but to me growing up it seemed like these people actually cared about morton and there was a real family feel to the club and cappielow. I also saw many players come and go but again most of these guys seemed to have an affinity for the club. To me that has been lost for a long long time. Dating back to when Hugh Scott came in and ripped the heart and soul from the club. It's never been the same in my opinion. Now we have the weasel rae family and the likes of Hawke, mckinnon etc who have never really tried to do anything to restore that. 

I know I sound like a sentimental duck but that's the club I grew up watching, loving and living. I'm not sure it'll ever get back to that but MCT gave me real hope in the beginning - so much so that I pledged. I just hope that they prove me right and get us back on a proper footing if we get through this current mess. 

There's a storm on the horizon

And for that I can't see the sun

For I'll keep a waiting on the pavement

For the ice cream van to come

Archived