Match Thread - Partick vs Morton (League Cup 14th November) - Page 3 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Match Thread - Partick vs Morton (League Cup 14th November)

Admin

St.Mirren score. Game's a bogey.

McGhee needs some support, there's no-one backing him up.
Hayes playing it forward, Bell being forced to do it all alone, now forward from Marr, here's Ritchie, still Andy Ritchie, look at the control...

That is a marvellous goal from Andy Ritchie. Twenty minutes on the clock and Morton's supporters come alive. A goal which epitomises the control, the arrogance, the cheek of Andy Ritchie.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't know what their stream was doing, but it shrunk my browser window (on 2 different browsers) to about half size with the rest of the screen black. Actual picture was OK apart from a couple of times when it went down to a pixellated mess.  That co-commentator was like the very boring priest in Father Ted. Game was shite, but we did look better than them, albeit no real firepower up front.  The punch on Strapp by Cardle was a clear red card, even if the punch maybe didn't connect fully - an exceptionally poor bit of assistant refereeing.

"Any nation given the opportunity to regain its national sovereignty and which then rejects it is so far beneath contempt that it is hard to put words to it."

Only problem with the stream was the poor picture quality.

Commentary was ok, but not Ton TV standard, and agreed they couldn't  see why the second goal was disallowed. 

Good to see Lyon and Colville getting a run looked like they both need some game time.

29 minutes ago, Ton4life said:

Only problem with the stream was the poor picture quality.

Commentary was ok, but not Ton TV standard, and agreed they couldn't  see why the second goal was disallowed. 

Good to see Lyon and Colville getting a run looked like they both need some game time.

Now that the cup is out of the way do we think we'll start to see a settled side? 

There's a storm on the horizon

And for that I can't see the sun

For I'll keep a waiting on the pavement

For the ice cream van to come

57 minutes ago, Mr.Blue said:

Now that the cup is out of the way do we think we'll start to see a settled side? 

Given our last league ended in a 5-0 drubbing I'd say 'no'. But even if we do go on an okay run I still expect us to rotate: that's the only way to keep the 27 squad players that we've assembled content. 

Couldn't give a toss about the result of this dead rubber game but a solid defensive performance again is a positive sign. It seems that the Raith game was more of an aberration on that front: it's the lack of quality up front that is going to be the real issue.

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

40 minutes ago, vikingTON said:

Given our last league ended in a 5-0 drubbing I'd say 'no'. But even if we do go on an okay run I still expect us to rotate: that's the only way to keep the 27 squad players that we've assembled content. 

Couldn't give a toss about the result of this dead rubber game but a solid defensive performance again is a positive sign. It seems that the Raith game was more of an aberration on that front: it's the lack of quality up front that is going to be the real issue.

Spot on there. When we have our best players on, we look like a reasonable mid table team, and our defence is actually fairly decent, particularly with Fjortoft and Strapp in there. Our main weakness is that we have very little up front. At least Lyon and Colville got some game time so Blues may be displaced. I thought we looked better in midfield with the pair of them on the pitch but lack of a cutting edge cost us the win. Now we need to get back on track in the league which is what matters this season. BTW when was the last time Salkeld played and didn’t get booked? Seems to have a very short fuse. In fact as a team we give away far too many stupid niggly fouls, and that is racking up yellow cards. Discipline needs to improve a lot.

"Any nation given the opportunity to regain its national sovereignty and which then rejects it is so far beneath contempt that it is hard to put words to it."

Archived