Match Thread - Partick vs Morton (League Cup 14th November) - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Match Thread - Partick vs Morton (League Cup 14th November)

Admin

Logo Cropped.jpeg

This match thread is brought to you in association with The Inverclyde Boiler Company.

The Inverclyde Boiler Company is a local, award-winning boiler company who are honoured to represent the Inverclyde community. We are proud to be at the heart of the Inverclyde community. We offer unrivalled expertise, service and professionalism in everything we do. We ensure that every boiler installation is as smooth, straightforward and stress-free as it possible can be. 
Across the entire Inverclyde Boiler range we offer complementary wireless thermostats, chemical system cleansing, a gas safety certificate and a CO2 alarm system. We also ensure that your old boiler is removed and recycled in the most environmentally friendly manner possible. All our products are manufactured in the UK. This is how we ensure that all our products are of the highest quality. 
As a token of the magnificent work NHS staff have undertaken throughout the pandemic, we are delighted to offer a 15% NHS staff discount. We are also incredibly proud to be partnering with Clyde 1’s Cashforkids. We have entered into an agreement to donate 3% from every boiler installed by The Inverclyde Boiler Company to support Cashforkids. 

To discuss how we can improve the heating in your home, contact the team today! 

You can contact The Inverclyde Boiler Company on;
Facebook
Instagram
E-mail: info@theinverclydeboilercompany.co.uk
Tel: 01475 503304

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I believe they’re dealing with a massive injury crisis with only 13 outfielders available for this, so we should really be looking for the win. We’re unlikely to get out the group though and Partick’s streaming service is apparently a disaster, so this’ll probably be the first game I pass on this season.

I bought a pass and it seems to have the option of home and away streams. Not sure if that means we have a different commentary team.

"Any nation given the opportunity to regain its national sovereignty and which then rejects it is so far beneath contempt that it is hard to put words to it."

14 hours ago, TheGoon said:

I believe they’re dealing with a massive injury crisis with only 13 outfielders available for this, so we should really be looking for the win. We’re unlikely to get out the group though and Partick’s streaming service is apparently a disaster, so this’ll probably be the first game I pass on this season.

Stinking St Mirren to stink it out and fall to a shock defeat against the snakes at Hampden.

We're topping this group.

14 hours ago, TheGoon said:

I missed read that, thought you said we are down to 13 available midfielders.

The combination of results that would allow us to sneak through as a best second placed team are so ridiculous that it's not even worth considering, so we're relying on a favour from Raymond and his collection of our rejects here to let us win the group. Even if they draw we'd need a QP win on penalties while we win by three (or by two while scoring four more than St Mirren) to overhaul St Mirren's goal difference.

It's not happening then, but we should still be putting our best team on the park on the off chance rather than treating it as a friendly. In any case picking the best team will also have a fitness and gelling benefit anyway as Ledger, Lyon, Colville and MacIver are all in that best XI and haven't played enough. If at half-time it's clear we're not going through then with five subs that's a chance to give the likes of Wallace 45 minutes to impress, but we shouldn't be treating this as a kickabout.

Brian Wake my Lord, Brian Wake

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

Having said that, may as spell out the routes we have. Groups B & E are already guaranteed to have runners up with 9 points while Group F can't have a runner-up with 8, so as well as winning ourselves we'd need three of the following four scenarios to go for us:

Group A - Raith not having a margin of victory v Cowdenbeath two goals better than ours

Group C - if Peterhead v St Johnstone is any result other than a draw with Peterhead winning the penalties, we need to win 4-1 or better to overtake Dundee United on GD. If it is a draw with Peterhead winning the pens, we'd need to win by seven to overtake St Johnstone on GD.

Group D - if Arbroath v Elgin has a winner, we need a four goal swing to overtake Ross County on GD who need to lose to Stirling. If it's draw then Elgin win on pens we're above them, if it's Arbroath we need to win by two, unless we score three more than Arbroath to overtake them on goals scored, eg they draw 0-0 and we win 3-2.

Group H - Alloa fail to beat Stenhousemuir. If it's a draw then Alloa win on penalties, we'd need to win by two unless we scored two more than Alloa eg 2-1 & 0-0, 3-2 & 1-1 etc.

Not actually as ridiculous a set of results as I first thought but still not going to happen.

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

EmydrQ5XIAAzlec.jpeg.jpg

You'd guess that's a more conventional 3-5-2 with McGuffie up with MacIver, unless Colville is more advanced in the same system as Wednesday with Jacobs and Lyon as a two man midfield.

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

3 minutes ago, dunning1874 said:

EmydrQ5XIAAzlec.jpeg.jpg

You'd guess that's a more conventional 3-5-2 with McGuffie up with MacIver, unless Colville is more advanced in the same system as Wednesday with Jacobs and Lyon as a two man midfield.

More happier with that starting than I was against the skunks

There's a storm on the horizon

And for that I can't see the sun

For I'll keep a waiting on the pavement

For the ice cream van to come

Partick make a sub - one of the four they've got available.

McGhee needs some support, there's no-one backing him up.
Hayes playing it forward, Bell being forced to do it all alone, now forward from Marr, here's Ritchie, still Andy Ritchie, look at the control...

That is a marvellous goal from Andy Ritchie. Twenty minutes on the clock and Morton's supporters come alive. A goal which epitomises the control, the arrogance, the cheek of Andy Ritchie.

Thistle's stream going about as well as their league campaign.

For the last five minutes it's just been cutting out constantly. It's definitely not my internet, it's on their side. They have four 'link' buttons at the bottom of the screen like they're a dodgy stream site and not a professional outfit. Remind me never to complain about Morton ever again, because this is as bad as our first attempt and it's the middle of November.

EOho8Pw.png

Just now, TRVMP said:

Thistle's stream going about as well as their league campaign.

They've reportedly been terrible which is why I didn't bother buying this one. Annoying that no dodgy stream has popped up elsewhere right enough.

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

Anyway, we're defending quite deep now after that positive start but at no time have I felt we're under much pressure. We're restricting them to long shots and speculative efforts. Nonetheless, would be good to get forward a bit like we did right at the start.

EOho8Pw.png

Glad I decided not to give those cunts any money at all for today. Sounds like the stream has been a shambles so far. 

There's a storm on the horizon

And for that I can't see the sun

For I'll keep a waiting on the pavement

For the ice cream van to come

4 minutes ago, Mr.Blue said:

Glad I decided not to give those cunts any money at all for today. Sounds like the stream has been a shambles so far. 

In fairness it's working again but they keep calling him Reece "Lyons" so I want a refund.

Mixed first half, nothing too depressing but we need more chances.

EOho8Pw.png

Archived