St Mirren game - Page 8 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

St Mirren game

2 minutes ago, GiGi said:

Without being abusive to any particular players it's pretty clear who needs to not be playing any more if we can avoid it. The subs made us 10 times more competitive.

We're on 5 points.

Fuck sake. Well, 8 points then. Which would give us a chance at the next stage but it depends on results elsewhere.

EOho8Pw.png

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Cet Homme Charmant said:

Definite tactical error from Hopkin to line up so defensively in the 1st half. They're shite, and we gave them too much respect. If we'd had a go in the 1st half like we did in the 2nd, we'd have won that game.

I'm really not sure how fielding a dung half-strength team constitutes 'giving then too much respect' from the start. Surely we'd have fielded our full strength side just to avoid taking a bleaching?

This seems to be the standard Morton fan description of 'playing defensively and shitfesting', which is not actually the same thing. 

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

1 minute ago, pink_panther said:

image.png

we can still win the group

Wee'll need Ray 'Nul points' McKinnon and his overpaid snakes and jobbers to turn up for that.

Peter Weatherson is the greatest player since Ritchie, and should be assigned 'chairman for life' 

onsP5NR.jpg

9 minutes ago, ChampTon said:

In other news I have a relative of Robbie Muirhead's in my DMs - albeit he is denying any correlation (and so he should). 

Looks like his missus is now involved.

I forgot you're not allowed to have an opinion online anymore! 

5 minutes ago, TRVMP said:

Fuck sake. Well, 8 points then. Which would give us a chance at the next stage but it depends on results elsewhere.

Five of the groups look set to have their 2nd place team on 9 points, or 8 with a better goal difference than we currently have.

Unless we completely destroy Partick and get a couple of snookers elsewhere (or Queen's Park beat St. Mirren), we're out.

McGhee needs some support, there's no-one backing him up.
Hayes playing it forward, Bell being forced to do it all alone, now forward from Marr, here's Ritchie, still Andy Ritchie, look at the control...

That is a marvellous goal from Andy Ritchie. Twenty minutes on the clock and Morton's supporters come alive. A goal which epitomises the control, the arrogance, the cheek of Andy Ritchie.

I have nothing personal against Muirhead but he's extremely lucky to still be a full time footballer. 

There were multiple times in that game where he lacked the basic abilities needed at Sunday league level to compete in a football match nevermind in professional full time football. 

Good people will do good things, bad people will do bad things, but only with religion do good people do bad things!

32.gif

8 minutes ago, vikingTON said:

I'm really not sure how fielding a dung half-strength team constitutes 'giving then too much respect' from the start. Surely we'd have fielded our full strength side just to avoid taking a bleaching?

This seems to be the standard Morton fan description of 'playing defensively and shitfesting', which is not actually the same thing. 

I believe that Hopkin thought they were better than they actually are. We'll never know of course, but I think if McPake and Oliver had started that game we'd have won it. 

1 minute ago, port-ton said:

I have nothing personal against Muirhead but he's extremely lucky to still be a full time footballer. 

There were multiple times in that game where he lacked the basic abilities needed at Sunday league level to compete in a football match nevermind in professional full time football. 

He has the first touch of an elephant

Just now, Cet Homme Charmant said:

I believe that Hopkin thought they were better than they actually are. We'll never know of course, but I think if McPake and Oliver had started that game we'd have won it. 

I think Jacobs and McIver were the most important subs we made.

Peter Weatherson is the greatest player since Ritchie, and should be assigned 'chairman for life' 

onsP5NR.jpg

9 minutes ago, GiGi said:

I think Jacobs and McIver were the most important subs we made.

Jacobs has surely, surely merited a start ahead of Blues for games like this.* And Colville and Lyon still aren't getting a look-in.

*football games

EOho8Pw.png

19 minutes ago, Cet Homme Charmant said:

He has the first touch of an elephant

If he thought that they were better than what they are then why did he play our poorer players against them rather than our better ones? Your 'respect' based complaint about that line up would apply if we ended up drawing with Brora or some other tinpot outfit again: not against the top seed in the group.

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

Just now, TRVMP said:

Jacobs has surely, surely merited a start ahead of Blues for games like this.* And Colville and Lyon still aren't getting a look-in.

Hide contents

*football games

Colville not getting a game ahead of some other players who seem to start whenever available is as confusing a choice as any Hopkin makes.

onsP5NR.jpg

Mcadams

Strapp    fjortoft. McLean.  Ledger

Lyon Jacobs Colville 

Mcpake mciver nesbitt

Do it Hopkin. 

There's a storm on the horizon

And for that I can't see the sun

For I'll keep a waiting on the pavement

For the ice cream van to come

4 hours ago, Mr.Blue said:

Mcadams

Strapp    fjortoft. McLean.  Ledger

Lyon Jacobs Colville 

Mcpake mciver nesbitt

Do it Hopkin. 

Assuming you've mixed Strapp and Ledger up, the weakness I see with that shape/system is our left hand side. McLean has improved this season, but I think that has been down to getting more protection in the back five rather than in a back four. In that system you'd expect the full backs to provide most of the attacking width in our build up play at least, meaning Strapp has to commit further forward. It runs the risk of exposing McLean quite badly. It's a shape that could definitely be of use to this squad though.

You address me by my proper title, you little bollocks! 

Archived